There Should not be Invasion Without Elites

Ever since Elites were confirmed out, whilst wrestling with my depression, I pondered what Invasion would be like.

Would it be Spartan vs Spartan? Would it be modified? Or would it be removed altogether?

So here’s my 2 cents; Invasion should not return in it’s present incarnation without Elites. The whole reason I play Invasion is for the excitement of fighting Elites in Matchmaking AND playing as one, so it would cheapen the whole experience if it was just Spartans.

I do, however, understand if Invasion is being replaced with something similar. That seems like a good course of action post-Elite Halo.

Sorry if Invasion’s fate has already been disclosed. Regardless, discuss.

EDIT: I may have been a little unclear. I’m all for a modified or replaced Invasion, but the current incarnation (set loadouts with each tier, as well as the Elite issue) wouldn’t fit into Halo 4, with the all-Spartan and custom class oriented multiplayer.

Spartans vs prometheans? Would like to see that

An invasion-like gametype should return in Halo 4, even if under a different name. The game is an amazing mix of slayer and objective gametypes, and I love the tiered stages, as each stage changes up the action.

> Spartans vs prometheans? Would like to see that

It’d be nice, but I doubt it. Prometheans are way taller than Spartans, far taller than Elites even.

I don’t see Invasion returning as it was, but I do see a large-scale objective game with custom classes returning. The itch needs to be scratched, after all. Hopefully the omission of Elites and custom classes will make it more appealing.

> I’m A 3 Legged Goat and I approve this message.
>
> I don’t see Invasion returning as it was, but I do see a large-scale objective game with custom classes returning. The itch needs to be scratched, after all. Hopefully the omission of Elites and custom classes will make it more appealing.

How would no Elites make it better? Everyone has an opinion, of course, but that kind of confuses me.

I guess one team would have covenant weapons and the other would have spartan weapons

> So here’s my 2 cents; Invasion should not return in it’s present incarnation without Elites. The whole reason <mark>I play</mark> Invasion is for the excitement of fighting Elites in Matchmaking AND playing as one, so it would cheapen the whole experience if it was just Spartans.

That may be the reason you play but not everyone, I play it mainly because it’s a great game type in general, the secondary reason I play it is because it actually makes sense to have Elites in Reach’s variant.

Also, it’s been confirmed that there will be something to “scratch that itch” referring to Invasion, so hopefully 343i made it Prometheans vs Spartans.

I think 343i said they have a new gametype that will scratch the itch of Invasion. Longbow was designed around it.

But if there is an invasion-like gametype, it would be really interesting to play as Promethean Knights.

> [
> How would no Elites make it better? Everyone has an opinion, of course, but that kind of confuses me.

I misread the OP, but my point stands. A lot of people avoided Invasion because Elites didn’t have appealing weapons off of spawn, among other things.

With the removal of them, it’ll be even player health and hitboxes, and I imagine there will be custom classes that allow people to choose their play style.

Invasion was a Reach-specific game mode. It was ingrained in the fiction of the game’s setting, which is why Bungie put a heavy emphasis on it. I never thought we’d see Invasion as it was in Reach in Halo 4, but at least there will be something to scratch the itch.

And isn’t Longbow designed specifically for the new gametype? Looks like a great map so I’m not worried.

I wasn’t aware that invasion wasn’t capable without the elites, i don’t see how our wars started in that case.

343I has stated “something else” will fill the role of the Elites in MP. So suck it up and go play halo 3/reach if you are seriously that obsessed with the elites.

> > [
> > How would no Elites make it better? Everyone has an opinion, of course, but that kind of confuses me.
>
> I misread the OP, but my point stands. <mark>A lot of people avoided Invasion because Elites didn’t have appealing weapons off of spawn, among other things.</mark>
>
> With the removal of them, it’ll be even player health and hitboxes, and I imagine there will be custom classes that allow people to choose their play style.
>
> Invasion was a Reach-specific game mode. It was ingrained in the fiction of the game’s setting, which is why Bungie put a heavy emphasis on it. I never thought we’d see Invasion as it was in Reach in Halo 4, but at least there will be something to scratch the itch.
>
> And isn’t Longbow designed specifically for the new gametype? Looks like a great map so I’m not worried.

That’s true. Elites almost always lose in Invasion Slayer. But my point also stands. Read the edit, by the way, it clarifies my post a little bit.

> > [
> > How would no Elites make it better? Everyone has an opinion, of course, but that kind of confuses me.
>
> I misread the OP, but my point stands. <mark>A lot of people avoided Invasion because Elites didn’t have appealing weapons off of spawn, among other things.</mark>
> With the removal of them, it’ll be even player health and hitboxes, and I imagine there will be custom classes that allow people to choose their play style.
>
> Invasion was a Reach-specific game mode. It was ingrained in the fiction of the game’s setting, which is why Bungie put a heavy emphasis on it. I never thought we’d see Invasion as it was in Reach in Halo 4, but at least there will be something to scratch the itch.
>
> And isn’t Longbow designed specifically for the new gametype? Looks like a great map so I’m not worried.

Really? because I LOVED using the needler in invasion and I ALWAYS perfered playing as an Elite

> I wasn’t aware that invasion wasn’t capable without the elites, i don’t see how our wars started in that case.
>
> 343I has stated “something else” will fill the role of the Elites in MP. So suck it up and go play halo 3/reach if you are seriously that obsessed with the elites.

A bit hostile, no? All I’m saying is that the current incarnation of Invasion might not make as much sense canonically without Elites.

Uh oh, someone likes elites here, we can’t have that now can we? /sarcasm

On topic, I really don’t think invasion mode will be the same without elites, and for the most part considering they aren’t in multiplayer at all will be a real buzz kill for me, tbh I’m just getting the game for campaign and the first few spartan ops.

No, the concept of a invasion-like mode shouldnt require elites. Invasion was emphasized highly for it’s SvE action, but what helped it’s population stay up is the enjoyment of the mode itself. I love playing a tier-based objective game. It has a similar feel to Rush from the Battlefield series.Nothing feels better than getting to the third round in Inv. and scoring the data, then skunking the enemy team in the first phase.

Also, Rush didnt require humans vs aliens to be enjoyable.

There was no canonical sense with invasion to begin with it was just an MP gametype nothing more. If Invasion takes place within the simulation then there is your canon explanation.

Invasion as a gametype can and would work as a gametype without elites. Would it feel quite the same? No it would be a little different, but it would still work. I think invasion should come back.

> There was no canonical sense with invasion to begin with it was just an MP gametype nothing more. If Invasion takes place within the simulation then there is your canon explanation.

I think you’re under the impression that I’m a blind Elite fanboy who will rage and rage until Elites are put back in, which will never happen.

I am not.

I am upset that Elites are gone, but my primary concern is the layout of Invasion itself. Without Elites, should we have all human weapons, or human AND Covenant weapons like in Reach?

That’s the question I’m asking.

> > There was no canonical sense with invasion to begin with it was just an MP gametype nothing more. If Invasion takes place within the simulation then there is your canon explanation.
>
> I think you’re under the impression that I’m a blind Elite fanboy who will rage and rage until Elites are put back in, which will never happen.
>
> I am not.
>
> I am upset that Elites are gone, but my primary concern is the layout of Invasion itself. Without Elites, should we have all human weapons, or human AND Covenant weapons like in Reach?
>
> That’s the question I’m asking.

Canon wise, we should be using human, Covenant & Promethean weapons for practise during the simulations, which is what the multiplayer games are.