There should be an award for Halo Wars 2 in Halo 5

So you guys know Reach with the CQB and the Police helmets right? You had to earn a few achievements here and there in order to unlocke those helmets. Now I think it would be awesome to have an Atriox or brute based spartan armor you could earn for playing Halo Wars 2 on Legendary or something like that. It would be cool and also motivate players to play Halo Wars 2 a little bit.

“But Spartans don’t wear that kind of armor”

“tell that to Helioskrill” (I probably butchered that spelling there).

It would be still cool though! Feel free to comment below if there already is one!

That would be pretty sick. That’s one hell of an idea, OP.

And I feel like 343 couldn’t lose on that one. It would get more people to play Halo Wars 2.

it would force me to rent it… lol

For halo 5? I’d rather it be for halo 6

I’m probably the only one, but I didn’t like Halo Wars (got it for the Halo 3 maps at the time and returned it) or 2. Just not into those types of games. So I wouldn’t want anything tied to it as I’d never be able to get it lol. And that would annoy the crap out of someone like me that feels the need to get all the stuff.

I wouldn’t pay $60 for a watered down RTS game just to get a few items to use in h5.

I also dislike games making an item exclusive where you have to play x game to unlock whatever in a different x game. It makes no sense and is just a ploy to get people to blow money. It’s why helioscrill made no sense (along with the complaints on it no longer being exclusive to mcc). 343 were asking people to pay money for an entirely different game, just to unlock something in a different game at that, not to mention mcc was and still is the buggiest piece of -Yoink- ever which was never worth forcing people to play through just for a cosmetic armor.

> 2533274806055932;2:
> That would be pretty sick. That’s one hell of an idea, OP.
>
> And I feel like 343 couldn’t lose on that one. It would get more people to play Halo Wars 2.
>
> it would force me to rent it… lol

Thanks!

> 2533274971565732;3:
> For halo 5? I’d rather it be for halo 6

True. Halo 5 has dumb armor customization in my opinion.

> 2533274923562209;5:
> I wouldn’t pay $60 for a watered down RTS game just to get a few items to use in h5.
>
> I also dislike games making an item exclusive where you have to play x game to unlock whatever in a different x game. It makes no sense and is just a ploy to get people to blow money. It’s why helioscrill made no sense (along with the complaints on it no longer being exclusive to mcc). 343 were asking people to pay money for an entirely different game, just to unlock something in a different game at that, not to mention mcc was and still is the buggiest piece of -Yoink- ever which was never worth forcing people to play through just for a cosmetic armor.

Yeah I have to admit 343I sucks at armor unlocks.

> 2533274890809655;8:
> > 2533274923562209;5:
> > I wouldn’t pay $60 for a watered down RTS game just to get a few items to use in h5.
> >
> > I also dislike games making an item exclusive where you have to play x game to unlock whatever in a different x game. It makes no sense and is just a ploy to get people to blow money. It’s why helioscrill made no sense (along with the complaints on it no longer being exclusive to mcc). 343 were asking people to pay money for an entirely different game, just to unlock something in a different game at that, not to mention mcc was and still is the buggiest piece of -Yoink- ever which was never worth forcing people to play through just for a cosmetic armor.
>
> Yeah I have to admit 343I sucks at armor unlocks.

They need to have a way for one to earn it in h5, after that then sure. I don’t mind timed exclusives.

Ill use your idea: for first month of it’s inclusion you get x item (what you suggested) by doing whatever goal in halo wars 2, upon completion then you get it unlocked In h5. A month later (just an example, it doesn’t have to be a month)add a way to get it unlocked in h5 for those who can’t/won’t do it the other way in halo wars 2.

ultimately I dislike exclusive items, but I can be more tolerable to how some are implemented. I just don’t like the ones that require you to play/buy a whole different game when the unlock is in a different game from that. You get my point?

You get 5 Gold Packs for preordering it.

> 2533274954911187;10:
> You get 5 Gold Packs for preordering it.

Not bad, but still kind of a bribe you know?

> 2533274923562209;9:
> > 2533274890809655;8:
> > > 2533274923562209;5:
> > > I wouldn’t pay $60 for a watered down RTS game just to get a few items to use in h5.
> > >
> > > I also dislike games making an item exclusive where you have to play x game to unlock whatever in a different x game. It makes no sense and is just a ploy to get people to blow money. It’s why helioscrill made no sense (along with the complaints on it no longer being exclusive to mcc). 343 were asking people to pay money for an entirely different game, just to unlock something in a different game at that, not to mention mcc was and still is the buggiest piece of -Yoink- ever which was never worth forcing people to play through just for a cosmetic armor.
> >
> > Yeah I have to admit 343I sucks at armor unlocks.
>
> They need to have a way for one to earn it in h5, after that then sure. I don’t mind timed exclusives.
>
> Ill use your idea: for first month of it’s inclusion you get x item (what you suggested) by doing whatever goal in halo wars 2, upon completion then you get it unlocked In h5. A month later (just an example, it doesn’t have to be a month)add a way to get it unlocked in h5 for those who can’t/won’t do it the other way in halo wars 2.
>
> ultimately I dislike exclusive items, but I can be more tolerable to how some are implemented. I just don’t like the ones that require you to play/buy a whole different game when the unlock is in a different game from that. You get my point?

As someone who does more within the current state of the halo franchise, I should be rewarded more. By your logic forgers shouldn’t receive their exclusive helmet

> 2533274923562209;5:
> I wouldn’t pay $60 for a watered down RTS game just to get a few items to use in h5.
>
> I also dislike games making an item exclusive where you have to play x game to unlock whatever in a different x game. It makes no sense and is just a ploy to get people to blow money. It’s why helioscrill made no sense (along with the complaints on it no longer being exclusive to mcc). 343 were asking people to pay money for an entirely different game, just to unlock something in a different game at that, not to mention mcc was and still is the buggiest piece of -Yoink- ever which was never worth forcing people to play through just for a cosmetic armor.

It’s more a matter of legacy rewards imo. Gears of War did it for their third game where if you unlock achievements in the previous titles, you got weapon skins for them. It makes the loyal fan base feel appreciated for their support of the series, at least that’s how it makes me feel. It’s a great idea to build rapport between the developer and community. MCC was broken but the campaign played perfectly fine so earning Helioskrill was not all that difficult in terms of connection. People who want to go above and beyond or even just dedicate themselves to a challenge to earn a reward deserve something special. They wouldn’t make you buy Halo Wars 2 either, as you mentioned about Helioskrill, it’s merely cosmetic and not worth it. So then you wouldn’t have to buy Halo Wars 2 to get the armor because it’s only cosmetic, instead implement a prerequisite to unlock the Halo Wars 2 armor in Halo 5 through a challenge in Halo 5. I, for one, completely support this idea. Halo Wars 2 is a lot of fun for me but there is no incentive to beat the campaign on Legendary or achieve a high rank in MP. To integrate these games with each other would be awesome! And why stop at Halo 5 having Halo Wars 2 armor? They should have Lasky as an unlockable leader in Halo Wars 2 for collecting all Skulls in Halo 5 or even just beating the campaign. Good thread OP.

> 2533274890809655;11:
> > 2533274954911187;10:
> > You get 5 Gold Packs for preordering it.
>
> Not bad, but still kind of a bribe you know?

To me it wasn’t. I was surprised to get something for it.

> 2533274890809655;1:
> So you guys know Reach with the CQB and the Police helmets right? You had to earn a few achievements here and there in order to unlocke those helmets. Now I think it would be awesome to have an Atriox or brute based spartan armor you could earn for playing Halo Wars 2 on Legendary or something like that. It would be cool and also motivate players to play Halo Wars 2 a little bit.
>
> “But Spartans don’t wear that kind of armor”
>
> “tell that to Helioskrill” (I probably butchered that spelling there).
>
> It would be still cool though! Feel free to comment below if there already is one!

That’s a terrible idea, I don’t like rts games, why would a player buy a game in a genre they don’t like ? A cosmetic armour will not motivate me to drop my hard earned cash on a game in a genre I dislike. Everyone that won’t buy it will complain, 343i will get pressured to give it away, and you lot will be crying if they unlocked it for everyone, bad idea my friend.

I think this is a great idea. Plus add Brute Shot and Mauler to WZ! Maybe make and H3A playlist?

That would be interesting. maybe something like playing the Halo 5 campaign on Legendary will give you something. Any ideas on good rewards?

The rewards can be in both ways and there is nothing that will stop me.

Not getting or interested in getting Halo Wars 2. I hope they continue to support H5.

If they do this they should add a way to get it through H5 too. Some people don’t like HW2 so

> 2533274832089275;12:
> > 2533274923562209;9:
> > > 2533274890809655;8:
> > > > 2533274923562209;5:
> > > > I wouldn’t pay $60 for a watered down RTS game just to get a few items to use in h5.
> > > >
> > > > I also dislike games making an item exclusive where you have to play x game to unlock whatever in a different x game. It makes no sense and is just a ploy to get people to blow money. It’s why helioscrill made no sense (along with the complaints on it no longer being exclusive to mcc). 343 were asking people to pay money for an entirely different game, just to unlock something in a different game at that, not to mention mcc was and still is the buggiest piece of -Yoink- ever which was never worth forcing people to play through just for a cosmetic armor.
> > >
> > > Yeah I have to admit 343I sucks at armor unlocks.
> >
> > They need to have a way for one to earn it in h5, after that then sure. I don’t mind timed exclusives.
> >
> > Ill use your idea: for first month of it’s inclusion you get x item (what you suggested) by doing whatever goal in halo wars 2, upon completion then you get it unlocked In h5. A month later (just an example, it doesn’t have to be a month)add a way to get it unlocked in h5 for those who can’t/won’t do it the other way in halo wars 2.
> >
> > ultimately I dislike exclusive items, but I can be more tolerable to how some are implemented. I just don’t like the ones that require you to play/buy a whole different game when the unlock is in a different game from that. You get my point?
>
> As someone who does more within the current state of the halo franchise, I should be rewarded more. By your logic forgers shouldn’t receive their exclusive helmet

Reread what I said then try to get a proper response, you didn’t even pay attention to what I just said lol.

cuz had you read, you’d see I have no issue with the olive/Timmy helmets. “Logic” he says lol.