There needs to be Boss assist points in Warzone!

Sorry, but if you spend all that time taking the bosses life down and someone from the other team gets the last shot, it’s unfair that you get nothing and they get 100+ points and potentially win the game.

Sure, the team that gets the last shot in gets the kill, and gets a bonus for that, but if you’ve took down most of the bosses health, you deserve a good chunk of those points.

The system really isn’t fair. It just feels as if you might as well just wait with the Spartan laser and just try and get the last shot in on Warden, and you win!

Killing the Warden is usually the deciding factor in warzone games, and it’s annoying to have all that build up and fighting for territory just for the match to be decided by someone getting the final shot in on Warden.

It’s a real anti-climax IMO.

Life isn’t fair, but I do somewhat agree, at least for the Ultra yellow bosses only. I think if a boss is worth 150 points, whoever kills the boss should still get the most points, but if the other team assisted in killing the boss for over a certain amount of damage they should get a small fraction of points. I’ve said this before, but the team that kills the boss give them like 120 pts. so it’s still rewarding & keeps the game balanced so you have a chance to catch up, but if the other team did 33%+ over all damage to it as well give them 30 pts. Something like that. The team that takes out the boss should still get a much larger chunk so that teams that are losing have a chance to come back.

Rampant kill stealing is why I play Warzone Assault

It’s mostly frustrating because there’s so many legendary bosses that you just can’t do anything about the opposing team trying for the steal. How exactly are you supposed to prevent the enemy from shooting one of the flying enemy bosses when they are visible from like half of the map? You should be able to zone out the enemy team so there is actually some strategy involved.

Whenever this topic gets brought up people always say “just save your power weapons and get the last shot”. What is stopping the opposing players from doing the exact same thing? Everyone in the game can pull out their lasers or rockets on one of the flying bosses and it just comes down to who get’s the last lucky shot.

There needs to be some better boss placement where you can actually attempt to zone out the opposing team and stop them from getting shots off. Stormbreak has two of the best legendary bosses. The first one spawns in the bottom of the Fortress and the last one is in the side cave/tunnel area. Both of these bosses are in areas where you can actually prevent the enemy team from getting many shots off. Every single flying legendary boss is just am aim for the skies and hope your team gets the last hit.

I feel the game is inaccurate in tracking who actually killed the boss. Once or twice I got the boss kill medal while reloading a weapon. Coupled with the fact that almost everyone is taking shots at a boss, it seems quite difficult to accurately track who actually killed it. I think for this reason alone, war zone should at least award assist points for the team that did not kill the boss.

> 2710872097136043;4:
> It’s mostly frustrating because there’s so many legendary bosses that you just can’t do anything about the opposing team trying for the steal. How exactly are you supposed to prevent the enemy from shooting one of the flying enemy bosses when they are visible from like half of the map? You should be able to zone out the enemy team so there is actually some strategy involved.

I can attest. I have watched the enemy team work down S’Roam/Wakim a number of times and BR’d him down to take the kill. Should I get those points? I mean… I stole the kill… but I didn’t do most of the work. But I’d be doing my whole team a disservice if I didn’t try. It’s a -Yoink- move, but the system makes it not only possible, but almost a necessity at times, especially if your team is lagging behind in points.

All’s fair in love and Warzone…?

> 2535436194833899;2:
> Life isn’t fair, but I do somewhat agree, at least for the Ultra yellow bosses only. I think if a boss is worth 150 points, whoever kills the boss should still get the most points, but if the other team assisted in killing the boss for over a certain amount of damage they should get a small fraction of points. I’ve said this before, but the team that kills the boss give them like 120 pts. so it’s still rewarding & keeps the game balanced so you have a chance to catch up, but if the other team did 33%+ over all damage to it as well give them 30 pts. Something like that. The team that takes out the boss should still get a much larger chunk so that teams that are losing have a chance to come back.

The kill itself should be worth 50% of the points, all the rest of the points should be earned by damage.

If you do 75% of the damage on warden eternal, but don’t kill him, you should be getting around 50 points.

Yeah, but I think they want one team to be able to get a lot of points to feel like they are coming back or have a chance. A perfect example of that is on Stormbreak when the Banshee comes out, it’s pretty easy to kill & if a team is dominating, getting that 150 “freebie” makes a lot of difference in catching up. Not saying it’s right or wrong personally, I’m just saying I can see why they want one team to get a ton of points to favor comebacks or making people feel like they contributed somehow.

I’m actually baffled as to why 343i didn’t include assists, seems like another thing 343i need’s to balance Warzone since it’s already heavily unbalanced as it is.

I’ve always like the idea of prorating the first 100 points of a Legendary boss based on how much damage you do (you cause 75% of the damage, you get 75% points) and the final shot gets the bonus 50 points.

Bah I hate the Boss complaining. Part of the fun is stealing Boss kills from the other team. If you are not paying attention that is on you. The only thing they need to fix is the K/D issue. If none of you have noticed your K/D has dropped significantly because something is screwed up since the update. You are likely missing hundreds of kills. Go take a look.

Again, as for the Bosses, bottom line, last bullet gets the kill and that team gets the points. I love it. All’s fair in love and Warzone.

Yes the boss points are my ONLY complaint with warzone. It should go by damage points = team points.

The boss has 150 points.

Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.

This last second kill stealing shot on a boss is ridiculous. Even the play of the week was highlighted with someone doing this. Again it is my only complaint with Warzone. I really hope this is resolved.

> 2787272447958470;12:
> Yes the boss points are my ONLY complaint with warzone. It should go by damage points = team points.
>
> The boss has 150 points.
>
> Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
> Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.
>
> This last second kill stealing is ridiculous. Even the play of the week was highlighted with someone doing this. Again it is my only complaint with Warzone. I really hope this is resolved.

No what is ridiculous is you allowing an enemy to sneak in and get the final shot. Boss kills are great the way they are. If your team cannot control the area and ward off enemies to keep them away from the boss that is your problem. It isn’t a sharing exercise. You could make the same argument for killing a boss with your teammates. What if someone on your team does the most damage to a Boss but gets killed by the Boss? Are the rest of the guys supposed to sit there and wait for him/her to respawn while the enemy is going in for the kill as well? It is Warzone. Finish the job or lose the points. I can promise you I will be scoped in just waiting for the chance to steal away your boss kill if you are on the other team.

It would be cool to see some sort of assist put in place. I have no idea how you would fairly track it though.

> 2535430035566453;13:
> > 2787272447958470;12:
> > Yes the boss points are my ONLY complaint with warzone. It should go by damage points = team points.
> >
> > The boss has 150 points.
> >
> > Team A does 120 points of damage and team A gets 120 points added to the score.
> > Team B does 30 points of damage and team B gets 30 points added to the score.
> >
> > This last second kill stealing is ridiculous. Even the play of the week was highlighted with someone doing this. Again it is my only complaint with Warzone. I really hope this is resolved.
>
>
> No what is ridiculous is you allowing an enemy to sneak in and get the final shot. Boss kills are great the way they are. If your team cannot control the area and ward off enemies to keep them away from the boss that is your problem. It isn’t a sharing exercise. You could make the same argument for killing a boss with your teammates. What if someone on your team does the most damage to a Boss but gets killed by the Boss? Are the rest of the guys supposed to sit there and wait for him/her to respawn while the enemy is going in for the kill as well? It is Warzone. Finish the job or lose the points. I can promise you I will be scoped in just waiting for the chance to steal away your boss kill if you are on the other team.

Sneak in? You are joking right? Some of the boss enemies can be sniped or shot with a laser from ALL the way a cross the map. This current 1 last shot steal system will change no doubt in my mind. As I said, this is my ONLY complaint with Warzone. Otherwise I love it.