There needs to be a Beta plain and simple

Yes I know there’s isn’t a beta,I’ve heard all the news from Killa KC, and “Bloom” honestly though I think all the negative comments 343 is getting. They’ve put this on themselves. The only way I see all this negative tension is to have a open beta for a week. Yeah just one week no matchmaking system or anything just open lobbies testing out maps and gameplay simple right?. Having 100 people testing isn’t enough compared 1,000,000. I don’t want a 2GB patch a day after the game came out because somebody exploited the game. And please 343i no bloom on the DMR or magnum, set the ROF

There is a beta it just isn’t a “Public” beta.

The game is coming out in November. Reach had a Beta in May of 2010 and then released 4 months later. 343i HAS TIME to have a Beta. Dont give me the BS that it will push back the game.

The only think the Reach beta did was Stress test the servers and people found 2 small glitches. It would be a waste of time for 343.

> The only think the Reach beta did was Stress test the servers and people found 2 small glitches. It would be a waste of time for 343.

It also tested to see if anything in the game was over-powered.

A public beta is a huge logistics undertaking and resource hog. Over all, a private beta with reliable participants can provide equivalent feedback for a fraction of the headache.

You know most beta’s are meant for Hyping the game up? Halo 3 and reach didn’t even really need a beta. It wouldn’t shock me that Halo 3 beta happened just to sell crackdown (I love that game.) The worse thing about the public betas is, they cant tweak the game as much because people do get attached to features they may remove. Bigger Question is, do you want a beta to help shape it or do you just want to play the game? I don’t think Halo 4 needs a beta.

> > The only think the Reach beta did was Stress test the servers and people found 2 small glitches. It would be a waste of time for 343.
>
> It also tested to see if anything in the game was over-powered.

Lol you don’t need a milion people to do that. A beta wastes a month of the Developers time. They just need to invite MLG pros, beta testers, and kids for thier closed Beta and that would be alot more helpfull than an open beta.

> It also tested to see if anything in the game was over-powered.

Haha, and we all know that worked out perfectly XD
If they want to know tat, they’ll just hire a team of professional game testers and let them test each and every weapon during different settings (which they’re already doing). Having 1 000 000 randoms running around trying to get cool kills, won’t do anything.
On open beta would be a demo, and unless announced during E3 I doubt there will be any. I think 343i/MS thinks this game will sell better based on name and hype, not actual gameplay.

A beta would be more problematic than helpful.

1. People honestly don’t want to play a beta to find bugs and offer good feedback. They just want to play the game.

2. 343i will recieve a whole bunch of feedback saying “get rid of everything”. This won’t help at all.

3. People will just complain more. The forums would be filled with more complaints and rages, which isn’t going to help.

A private beta with people who will specifically look for bugs and glitches will be much more efficient.
A private beta with unbiased people who won’t rage “This isn’t Halo!” will be much more efficient.

> The game is coming out in November. Reach had a Beta in May of 2010 and then released 4 months later. 343i HAS TIME to have a Beta. Dont give me the BS that it will push back the game.

343 has said there is no public Beta planned, of course that could change, but it is highly unlikely.

Halo 4 is 343’s chance to show the Halo community that Halo is in good hands.

We are less then 7 months away from the release date, 343 is most likely prepping for e3 in June, and then they most likely will go dark shortly after e3, so they can get Halo 4 to gold status and then into production.

If there was going to be a beta we would of heard about it by now.

Also I wouldn’t go on what one MLG pro says . . Wait for the game to come out, and try it out at a friends house if you want to play before you buy.

Honestly I can wait until November, Killa KC for example explained that developers were getting tired of getting negative complaints about the game. Solution a public beta for 1 week. Everyone knows it true. Most people would give feedback, I did for Halo 3 and Reach. Think about the Beta for Reach it was horrible and almost unplayable. Would you have played the beta for the final version? I honestly hope not. Sound like we’re going to be playing the Beta for Halo 4 and there’s going to be a huge patch like they did from Halo Reach Beta to the final version. Just saying…