There isn't a halo 4 BETA, how are they legally allowed to say this?

This was a link on the side of facebook today. They claim to offer access to Halo 4 early… Is that legal for them to claim? or is it true?

I did not go past clicking this link, I don’t wish to see what’s on the inside of this site, I just wanted to bring this up to 343 the only way I know how, the forums.

Link removed by a moderator.

You could shoot them an E-mail as well. But it looks like a way to lure in morons so their computers can get hacked. Those things are always rip-offs anyways. And the question of it being legal or not is something else. I’m no lawyer, but if they have the logo copyrighted, and unless permission is given for its use, yes its illegal.

protip: dont click advertisements on the side of facebook. Nothing good happens

fake

> You could shoot them an E-mail as well. But it looks like a way to lure in morons so their computers can get hacked. Those things are always rip-offs anyways. And the question of it being legal or not is something else. I’m no lawyer, but if they have the logo copyrighted, and unless permission is given for its use, yes its illegal.

The logo is obviously copyrighted. So is the name. It is illegal. 343 probably won’t care anyways so it doesn’t really matter.

> This was a link on the side of facebook today. They claim to offer access to Halo 4 early… Is that legal for them to claim? or is it true?
>
> I did not go past clicking this link, I don’t wish to see what’s on the inside of this site, I just wanted to bring this up to 343 the only way I know how, the forums.

There isn’t going to be a beta. That’s a scam. If there was a “early” access like you say, don’t you think 343i would of posted it on the front page of their site and hosted it on an Xbox.com page?

Looks like someone’s been phishing.

> fake

You dont say ?

I’ve seen one of those as well. The series of redirects was suspicious (understatement), and the lack of a public Halo 4 beta has been confirmed.

Those Facebook ads are fake, and are probably scams. Do not click them or follow their links under any circumstances.

EDIT: I took the liberty of removing the link from your post, OP, just to make absolutely sure that no one clicks it.

> protip: dont click advertisements on the side of facebook. Nothing good happens

> protip: <mark>dont click</mark> advertisements on the side of facebook. Nothing good happens

Lol, this guy probably has a referral ID hooked up to that link, trying to get people to fill out surveys and earn him 2 cents XD