There *IS* something wrong with the aim 343!

Last night playing was miserable… I’m a decent player and normally have no trouble hitting a fair amount of shots, but last night I could hardly hit anything, my aim would jump with minimal inputs, or at least little feedback on the screen, and suddenly I’m off with my aim nearly 20°! Also bullet-magnetism and aim-assist feels as if it disappears entirely when I am on target, resulting in AGAIN… missed shots!

There IS something wrong here 343, is not in people’s heads, so PLEASE do not sweep this under the rug! The funny thing is, this was happening for the majority of my games last night, I know the FEEL of this bug… I do the Start-Start refresh/fix and suddenly my aim is precise and considerably more responsive, but only temporarily until my next respawn, and the aiming starts feeling sluggish again.

I am aware of the design-intent of the aim sensitivity curve and acceleration of post-beta H5… this is something beyond that. When the aim feels right, the game is fantastic, but please 343… I hear the pros complain about this issue all of the time too… PLEASE investigate and fix this problem. It’s such an unacceptable and game-breaking bug to have to deal with!

It’s probably your controller. The only thing everyone can agree with that 343 is doing wrong is the AI design

> 2535464801356957;2:
> It’s probably your controller. The only thing everyone can agree with that 343 is doing wrong is the AI design

Nah he’s right they changed up the aiming system up with this game. Gets pretty inconsistent at times and seems to be affected by latency

> 2535464801356957;2:
> It’s probably your controller. The only thing everyone can agree with that 343 is doing wrong is the AI design

Running a wired Elite controller man… still in prime working condition.

I wonder if due to me using 10/10 sensitivity, 5 acceleration and so on, I don’t notice it as much.

Aim is horrible in H5 to begin with. I really don’t like the 2 turn aiming system.

Maybe some of the issues are in your mind, I feel like sometimes I click with the aiming system and other times I just point my rifle around wildly. Like my brain forgets the fact there is a 2 turn system and I start trying to aim with the right stick instead of the left while strafing…

No matter if it’s in my mind, the 2 turn system of some latency issue there is definitely some thing wonky with the aiming.
It’s not consistent and I would like to know what the root cause(s) are.
You would think that aiming in any FPS would be pretty important but people are posting about it and questioning it but aiming remains inconsistent.

> 2533274879979815;6:
> Aim is horrible in H5 to begin with. I really don’t like the 2 turn aiming system.
>
> Maybe some of the issues are in your mind, I feel like sometimes I click with the aiming system and other times I just point my rifle around wildly. Like my brain forgets the fact there is a 2 turn system and I start trying to aim with the right stick instead of the left while strafing…
>
> No matter if it’s in my mind, the 2 turn system of some latency issue there is definitely some thing wonky with the aiming.
> It’s not consistent and I would like to know what the root cause(s) are.
> You would think that aiming in any FPS would be pretty important but people are posting about it and questioning it but aiming remains inconsistent.

Yeah, in a competitive shooter no less…

Nah

> 2535418358347893;8:
> Nah

Uh yeah… you can feel it…

Halo 5 aiming is incredibly broken. Last night I played a TS game on Mercy. I usually go #1 or #2 on my squad. The first half of the game, I could not hit anything and found myself at 0 kills & 10 deaths. Then, it was like the server clicked… I became a killing machine and could not miss. Aim was locked on. I managed to end the game positive 14k/12d, #2 on the board. I’ve never experienced such a drastic shift in aim before in the same game; it was night and day - and I’ve played a LOT of Halo 5.

In addition to the negative changes 343 made with the aiming, some people were speculating that it’s also related to the servers which is why sometimes it feels like the aiming is heavy. Not sure if true though.

> 2758454771774535;10:
> Halo 5 aiming is incredibly broken. Last night I played a TS game on Mercy. I usually go #1 or #2 on my squad. The first half of the game, I could not hit anything and found myself at 0 kills & 10 deaths. Then, it was like the server clicked… I became a killing machine and could not miss. Aim was locked on. I managed to end the game positive 14k/12d, #2 on the board. I’ve never experienced such a drastic shift in aim before in the same game; it was night and day - and I’ve played a LOT of Halo 5.

Sounds more like a connection/latency issue.

Ever since the extra aim options were updated in, my aim has been stellar. Never feels like I’m working against the game. OP try setting your vertical to 4, horizontal to 2, and acceleration to 2 or 3. This is the Halo 3 feel aim setup.

> 2717573882290912;12:
> > 2758454771774535;10:
> > Halo 5 aiming is incredibly broken. Last night I played a TS game on Mercy. I usually go #1 or #2 on my squad. The first half of the game, I could not hit anything and found myself at 0 kills & 10 deaths. Then, it was like the server clicked… I became a killing machine and could not miss. Aim was locked on. I managed to end the game positive 14k/12d, #2 on the board. I’ve never experienced such a drastic shift in aim before in the same game; it was night and day - and I’ve played a LOT of Halo 5.
>
>
> Sounds more like a connection/latency issue.
>
> Ever since the extra aim options were updated in, my aim has been stellar. Never feels like I’m working against the game. OP try setting your vertical to 4, horizontal to 2, and acceleration to 2 or 3. This is the Halo 3 feel aim setup.

Yeah, definitely could be some server lag. I’ve read speculation that server lag is somehow impacting the aim mechanics.

[deleted]

I was getting a lot of lag in FFA last night, people were warping all over the place. It also took forever to find matches. Wondered to myself if something was up with the servers. That might have influenced it.

> 2533274961806222;15:
> I was getting a lot of lag in FFA last night, people were warping all over the place. It also took forever to find matches. Wondered to myself if something was up with the servers. That might have influenced it.

I rarely see people warping around the map, maybe a few times. It is definitely annoying when it happens. But not being able to get the reticle on players is infuriating.

Check controller settings. My aim seems to be working fine.

I’ve had it a few times but never as bad as you are saying, this seams like a serious problem that needs to be fixed

> 2533274873580796;4:
> > 2535464801356957;2:
> > It’s probably your controller. The only thing everyone can agree with that 343 is doing wrong is the AI design
>
>
> Running a wired Elite controller man… still in prime working condition.

the programming in the controller couldve changed. everything seems normal to me.

I think the reason most don’t notice the aiming is because:

a) It could possibly be tied to ranks/skill (better players are put under more pressure)

b) Server’s and latency.

I feel like it’s a mixture of both (both are equally stupid) because most of the people saying they don’t notice it aren’t the best players, and they may just attribute it to them being worse. No offense, but this has been discussed a lot on TB. This is also noticeably when I play on my Gold 1 smurf, but this can be because the player’s don’t strafe but who knows.

The next point is probably the reason as I’ve seen a lot of WZ players deny it, and WZ never lags for me. The servers are most defiantly better for their money mode, and WZ does have the smoothest aiming, but this could be a placebo.

The reality is, the aiming is messed up, and 343i are not going to fix it.