There is no problem with: ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION

Hey guys, ZackS11099 here again.
I would like to announce we have nothing to fear with armor customization, and it will be in the game at it’s finest. My tweet, as responded to by Josh Holmes. I am thrilled by this event, as it proves this thread is wrong. (Which is what I was hoping for, as I love customization) I have kept the original thread for those who would like to read it.

ORIGINAL POST. (Simply for those that would like to read it)

Something I’ve noticed being overlooked by the community as a whole is the personalization aspect of Halo 5: guardians. Now as we know, it was confirmed on twitter that as of now, the armor is meant to be limited to Suits, helmets and Visors. https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/549728159935913984 As seen here. Tweet by **Josh Holmes. (**Note the question and answer are not directed at the beta OR full game release.)

Now what I’m here to say is kudos 343i, the armor that’s currently in the beta looks great, but what the actual -yoink-? Limiting armor customization will cause massive backlash in the Halo community and limits your personal Spartan to a standard boring uniform. I don’t want to hear that it is to conserve space either, the Master Chief Collection was a 45gb install with a 20gb day one patch. You have more then enough space for armor customization. I’m not proposing you go insane with the customization, just bring it back to the level Halo 4 had, where I can customize my:

Helmet
Visor
Torso
Left Shoulder
Right Shoulder
Arms
Legs
Bringing that to Halo 5, along with the current Beta armor styles, which fit very well I might add, would be a huge success in most of the Halo communities eyes. Our Spartan has always been personal to us, don’t take that away. Just make sure each armor has purpose, and personality, they should look functional and designed for specific roles, just as long as the bucket (ranger) helmet doesn’t return. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I ask of you community, do you want proper customization of your Spartan? YAY or NAY?

Edit: I just wanted to thank everyone for their support of this thread, and subject. Hopefully, with enough support, 343i will change the full release and add the customization we want.

Edit II: The tweet was pre-beta, as pointed out by a forum commenter, but the question wasn’t directed towards the beta, nor did it appear the answer was. Also, to the elite fan base, I feel your pain, believe me. I’m a huge elite fanboy. Seriously guys, thanks for all the support and keep the opinions coming, what armor styling’s would you like to see?

Edit III: Hello friends, I wanted to point out I’m trying to manage the thread as best I can and respond to everyone and their posts respectively. Thanks for the support, and let’s continue to make our voices heard.

Edit IV: Yes, I am aware that everything is assumptions at this point, but that isn’t the point, the point of this thread is an attempt to clear the vagueness of that post up, and in the chance 343 did decide to cut customization, allow our thoughts to be heard while there is still time to rework it into the game. It’s better to address this vagueness 11 months from launch then to wait until launch day and realize our armor customization is gone, because then, it will be far to late.

Edit V: We are not referring to the restrictions within the beta alone, but the vagueness of the tweet directed towards the game in general. I’m aware it’s a beta, but with the MCC’s limited customization, the beta for Halo 5, and the tweet, it’s better to be safe then sorry.

Come on guys, let’s not let this problem go overlooked.

Doesn’t matter, halo 4 and halo 5 armour design are complete and utter crap, so everyone is just gonna look like power rangers so it doesn’t matter.

> 2533274794052092;3:
> Doesn’t matter, halo 4 and halo 5 armour design are complete and utter crap, so everyone is just gonna look like power rangers so it doesn’t matter.

I’ll give you that Halo 4’s armor wasn’t that great, but the armors I’ve seen in Halo 5 look to be exceptional.

I agree, this is extremely disappointing… I see absolutely no reason why we should be limited to these three options with armour customization, especially when Halo 4 had a decent amount of options. Like you said, I want my Spartan to stand out and to be me, not some random person in armour that looks exactly like hundreds/thousands of other players. I fail to see any reason why our customization options should be so limited like this. They should, at the very least, explain their lack of logic to us.

I’m with you guys here. More customization is always a good thing.

> 2533274833276553;4:
> > 2533274794052092;3:
> > Doesn’t matter, halo 4 and halo 5 armour design are complete and utter crap, so everyone is just gonna look like power rangers so it doesn’t matter.
>
>
> I’ll give you that Halo 4’s armor wasn’t that great, but the armors I’ve seen in Halo 5 look to be exceptional.

Halo 5 so far is just “improvement” on existing halo 4 armor. You know what they say, you can’t polish a turd. The best armor was 3 and reachs.

> 2533274850926786;7:
> > 2533274833276553;4:
> > > 2533274794052092;3:
> > > Doesn’t matter, halo 4 and halo 5 armour design are complete and utter crap, so everyone is just gonna look like power rangers so it doesn’t matter.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’ll give you that Halo 4’s armor wasn’t that great, but the armors I’ve seen in Halo 5 look to be exceptional.
>
>
> Halo 5 so far is just “improvement” on existing halo 4 armor. You know what they say, you can’t polish a turd. The best armor was 3 and reachs.

I have to disagree. While Halo 4 was filled with rather crappy armour, all of the new armours in Halo 5 seem to build off of Halo 3’s design style. Athlon, Centurion and Nightfall all look very “Halo”, and while Helioskrill is unconventional, it does look very nice and functional. None of these armours follow the silly Power Ranger designs of Halo 4, not in the least bit.

> 2592250499813579;6:
> I’m with you guys here. More customization is always a good thing.

That’s what I’m talking about! We need armor customization, I’m not just some random generic marine! I’m my own super soldier!

> 2533274850926786;7:
> > 2533274833276553;4:
> > > 2533274794052092;3:
> > > Doesn’t matter, halo 4 and halo 5 armour design are complete and utter crap, so everyone is just gonna look like power rangers so it doesn’t matter.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’ll give you that Halo 4’s armor wasn’t that great, but the armors I’ve seen in Halo 5 look to be exceptional.
>
>
> Halo 5 so far is just “improvement” on existing halo 4 armor. You know what they say, you can’t polish a turd. The best armor was 3 and reachs.

Have you seen the Centurion armor?

> 2533274808386392;5:
> I agree, this is extremely disappointing… I see absolutely no reason why we should be limited to these three options with armour customization, especially when Halo 4 had a decent amount of options. Like you said, I want my Spartan to stand out and to be me, not some random person in armour that looks exactly like hundreds/thousands of other players. I fail to see any reason why our customization options should be so limited like this. They should, at the very least, explain their lack of logic to us.

That was the point of individuality and armor customization, it’s not like we want some revolutionary “build your own armor”, we just want what we already had, not this minimalistic system they’re offering us.

Yeah. My 2 big issues with the beta is the ranking system(negative KDA and Onyx? lol) and the customization. I wish we had the amount of options that Reach had. Spartan voices would be so cool. I’d love to sound like that Australian voiced marine from the original Halo’s. And afmor skins are always nice. I’d like every armor to have the shiny look of the more “Reach look”.

I agree, the series peaked with Reach’s armory. It’s unfortunate that 343i wasn’t able to convey that into Halo 4 and it seems like Halo 5 will follow suit.

Reach got it right.

Not sure why would they take out an already existing feature.

> 2533274973373704;15:
> Not sure why would they take out an already existing feature.

If we speak, and we make our voices heard, we can change it for the better. We just need support.

I don’t care if I look like a turd as long as the game runs smooth and is fun

People actually care about armor customization? lol

> 2533274866682248;18:
> People actually care about armor customization? lol

Yes, a large portion of the Halo community cares about armor customization.

> 2533274833276553;1:
> Something I’ve noticed being overlooked by the community as a whole is the personalization aspect of Halo 5: guardians. Now as we know, it was confirmed on twitter that as of now, the armor is meant to be limited to Suits, helmets and Visors. https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/549728159935913984 As seen here.
>
> Now what I’m here to say is kudos 343i, the armor that’s currently in the beta looks great, but what the actual -yoink-? Limiting armor customization will cause massive backlash in the Halo community and limits your personal Spartan to a standard boring uniform. I don’t want to hear that it is to conserve space either, the Master Chief Collection was a 45gb install with a 20gb day one patch. You have more then enough space for armor customization. I’m not proposing you go insane with the customization, just bring it back to the level Halo 4 had, where I can customize my:
>
> Helmet
> Visor
> Torso
> Left Shoulder
> Right Shoulder
> Arms
> Legs
> Bringing that to Halo 5, along with the current Beta armor styles, which fit very well I might add, would be a huge success in most of the Halo communities eyes. Our Spartan has always been personal to us, don’t take that away. Just make sure each armor has purpose, and personality, they should look functional and designed for specific roles, just as long as the bucket (ranger) helmet doesn’t return. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> So I ask of you community, do you want proper customization of your Spartan? YAY or NAY?

Totally agree, I hope it’s just because of the beta that we can only customize such a limited amount of our spartan.

It’s the first next gen Halo and I would expect full Spartan Customization (Helmet, Visor, Torso, Left shoulder, right shoulder, left forearm, right forearm, knee pads and legs).