There is LEGIT hope for visible Ranking. Read

Please no Flamers or trolls, or even people bashing gamers who are for or against skill based ranking, this is not another hate thread towards 343i. It’s all positive and simply well constructed for feedback and ideas on how 343i could cater to the obviously desired need and want for a skill based ranking system. Please keep it clean.

343i has come out and said that they will not have visible skill based ranking built in the game UI come launch however; they just recently stated that while ranks will not be visible come launch they are planning to implement " a way to give us access to ranks in a useful way." - as BsAngel puts it in the Q&A.

So as a community I strongly believe we should respect their decision and interest in this. They didnt have to do it, and quite frankly Im prone to think and believe that the same thing Bsangel is mentioning is directly connected to what Frank O’connor said on NeoGaf when he confirmed that a they were still in “development and Flux.” when concerning a skill based ranking system.

Let’s not take this info and assume/rant/throw stones at 343i. Our voices can be heard in these forums and threads if we respectfully do it. Why would they read a hate thread about them? I wouldnt. So let’s really hold on to this confirmation/promise they are giving us. Its GREAT!

Maybe they will simply make a playlist, or allow only the player to view their rank, but all in all this is a great news and lets use this thread to promote and show our respect and interest in this. Maybe 343i will read it and take some inspiration and or consideration from us; if done in a proper manner.

You people are like broken records.

Eh. She made it pretty clear that you’ll have access to the information. Don’t expect some special playlist. This is more along the lines of keeping with their philosophy on the whole thing.

I didn’t think that the non-visible rank would affect me, but after seeing how fast people with early access are ranking I’m glad that there may be hope for it.
I thought Halo 3’s system was far from perfect, but it was something that made me work at my skill for a rank, and I appreciate that.

Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.

If youre not contributing to this threads main purpose please dont post negative and stagnant comments. We know ranking is a played out and often talked about subject, the community has made its stand on why we want a ranking system. Saying I sound like a broken record is redundant and contradictory, simply because you sound like the 72083048 people who have said that same comment…we get it dude.

They should add it at launch. It needs to be there. There are going to be those people who say, why do you need it? Because we do. Stupid -Yoinks!-. Its fun, it keeps it fresh every game and its entertaining to compete with friends over rank. The arena system for reach was terrible. I wish someone would learn from their mistakes, but if the cash is coming who cares? AMIRIGHT you greedy f****.

*edited by moderator. please do not bypass the profanity filter.

> Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. <mark>People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.</mark>

I’m not bashing anything. I’m stating the obvious.

And what matters more? The game or a stupid number? Come on…

There is 0 harm in a separate playlist that gives and promotes ranking from a skill based aspect. You don’t believe/care/appreciate/feel ranks or necessary, then dont play it?

We can Coexist. Social and Ranked. It can happen, simply bc it already has proven to work. Quite well.

> > Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. <mark>People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.</mark>
>
> I’m not bashing anything. I’m stating the obvious.
>
> And what matters more? The game or a stupid number? Come on…

If the number is stupid to you then…dont play that playlist? fixed.

> They should add it at launch. It needs to be there. There are going to be those people who say, why do you need it? Because we do. Stupid b@st@rds. Its fun, it keeps it fresh every game and its entertaining to compete with friends over rank. The arena system for reach was terrible. I wish someone would learn from their mistakes, but if the cash is coming who cares? AMIRIGHT you greedy f****.

Do you seriously to bypass the word filter just to get your point across?

> > Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. <mark>People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.</mark>
>
> I’m not bashing anything. I’m stating the obvious.
>
> And what matters more? The game or a stupid number? Come on…

The stupid number while playing the game. I dont want to play you every game. Obviously you are bad at the game, whats the fun in kicking your -Yoink!- all night? Nothing, thats why Halo reach died.

I mean you kinda are inferring that our opinions don’t matter. Whats wrong with having two separate playlist? To each their own, some people like pizza some people don’t. It doesn’t mean I’m going to force them to eat something they don’t like.

> > They should add it at launch. It needs to be there. There are going to be those people who say, why do you need it? Because we do. Stupid b@st@rds. Its fun, it keeps it fresh every game and its entertaining to compete with friends over rank. The arena system for reach was terrible. I wish someone would learn from their mistakes, but if the cash is coming who cares? AMIRIGHT you greedy f****.
>
> Do you seriously to bypass the word filter just to get your point across?

Yep

> > > Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. <mark>People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.</mark>
> >
> > I’m not bashing anything. I’m stating the obvious.
> >
> > And what matters more? The game or a stupid number? Come on…
>
> The stupid number while playing the game. I dont want to play you every game. Obviously you are bad at the game, whats the fun in kicking your -Yoink!- all night? Nothing, thats why Halo reach died.

Dank you are not helping, your just making people angry and not want to hear out our opinions.

I can also read that as I am being ranked for every game in every playlist so if I were one to take ranks seriously and get a good number they are tracking I have no where to run to but customs to have some fun and relaxed muck around play.

> I can also read that as I am being ranked for every game in every playlist so if I were one to take ranks seriously and get a good number they are tracking I have no where to run to but customs to have some fun and relaxed muck around play.

That’s why we should have two separate playlist. Don’t let the rank show up on your service record. Just have a ranked playlist and a normal playlist. Everyone wins, everyone is happy.

> > > Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. <mark>People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.</mark>
> >
> > I’m not bashing anything. I’m stating the obvious.
> >
> > And what matters more? The game or a stupid number? Come on…
>
> The stupid number while playing the game. I dont want to play you every game. <mark>Obviously</mark> you are bad at the game, whats the fun in kicking your -Yoink!- all night? Nothing, thats why Halo reach died.

People like you are unpleasant. So confident and obnoxious.

Not all of us are like that fellow. There are quite a few threads with people calling for balance for both types of players. There’s just a few bad eggs among us.

> > > > Why? Because we want a ranked playlist in the game? Whats wrong with adding a ranked playlist so the people who want it can enjoy the game in their own way while you enjoy it in yours. Were all just trying to have fun, some of us just enjoy different things. <mark>People need to stop bashing others for liking something they don’t.</mark>
> > >
> > > I’m not bashing anything. I’m stating the obvious.
> > >
> > > And what matters more? The game or a stupid number? Come on…
> >
> > The stupid number while playing the game. I dont want to play you every game. Obviously you are bad at the game, whats the fun in kicking your -Yoink!- all night? Nothing, thats why Halo reach died.
>
> Dank you are not helping, your just making people angry and not want to hear out our opinions.

Not helping what? What am i trying to help? I get he doesn’t want the ranking system, go somewhere else. Let us rip on the game that we have waited since Halo reach came out. To say reach was a good game is an insult to Halo and Bungie. Its like saying the new star wars were better than the old. No one believes you.