There is an issue with the Halo5:Guardians servers

The full error message is: Attention There was an issue with the Halo5: Guardians servers. Please try again. (I had to modify the title to 50 characters).

This is the error message I get when I click on any multiplayer option. It has been like this for the past day.

I have re-installed the game. No luck. I have tested my connection and everything is fine. I can play Star Wars Battlefront with no issues so it looks like this is specific to Halo. I called Xbox support (even though I knew they probably wouldn’t be able to help) and they couldn’t help. Can anyone here help me with figuring out what is going on?

Something is messed up with this game. It takes forever to load and I have to pop out the DVD and put it back in before it gives me the main page with Campaign, Multiplayer, Community listed. Under the Community page, the message of the day doesn’t appear at all, when I click it, the screen quickly refreshes but nothing else happens. Campaign seems to work fine, just multiplayer is messed up.

My son played 2-3 games yesterday. The first one worked fine but then the second game he had issues with his requisition packs not working. So I started the game over and this is when multiplayer just went down completely. No idea what is going on but very disappointed right now.

This is exactly the problem I have been having, and I have yet to get a response from 343. I don’t know if there is a specific port I need to FWD on my router or what, but ever since the Cartographer update it seems my network is having trouble “talking” to Halo 5 servers. Incredibly frustrating.

I havent been able to play now for a week. Profile won’t sync, can’t play multiplayer, REQ service unavailable. Contacted Xbox support and nothing worked.

Poor support from 343 and no acknowledgment on the issue despite many people posting about it.

OK mine is working now and hopefully what I did to fix it may work for you guys too.

I had 2 accounts that played Halo - mine and my son’s. Both of us were unable to play Halo and were getting the above issues. My daughter also has an Xbox account but she has never played Halo so I turned off the Xbox (held down the power button on the actual console for about 3 seconds), popped out the Halo CD, waited 10 minutes, and then logged into the Xbox with my daughter’s account and started Halo again. It worked fine. I then went back and turned it on under my account and now everything worked fine for me again.

My guess is that there was some sort of issue with my account/gamertag with Halo, and whenever i started the game with my account, Halo just couldn’t figure out what to do but when I logged in under my daughter’s account, it fixed itself.

I hope you guys can do the same and it works for you.

Well I have a worst problems, I load in correctly and the by half way to the match I freeze then the same error message came up but I can play bo3 and star wars battle front and halo reach and gears of war peferectly and at night time every time it work and I think the severs are crashing this holidays during the day though and ps I’m going to break my halo 5 if it doesn’t work with my new router

It’s Halo 5, the servers are messed up and have been all week. I’m about to just go buy Black Ops, tired of this crap

Yes me to get error " ATTENTION there was a problem with the dedicated server please try again"
also gettint a lot of " UNABLE TO JOIN we’ve encountered a problem and couldn’t join to the game"
and " something went wrong give it another try if this happens again let us know by entering the code below"
and a lot more of these " PROFILE SYNC ERROR an error occurred when writing to your halo 5: guardians profile please check your connection. But my connections all fine.

Thank you for your reports, the team has made some changes to service configuration, and you should start to see improvements rather soon. Hard resetting your console (holding down the power button to properly power cycle the console) should help you connect to the updated services immediately. If these issues persist, please let us know in this thread.

> Thank you for your reports, the team has made some changes to service configuration, and you should start to see improvements rather soon. Hard resetting your console (holding down the power button to properly power cycle the console) should help you connect to the updated services immediately. If these issues persist, please let us know in this thread.

Thank you!!! It’s been perstistantly annoying and kept me from playing H5 with friends. With this fixed I am going back to playing this a LOT!

it is really difficult to play with my friends in a fireteam. When I’m playing solo it’s all working fine. But sometimes when I’m trying to join my friends the server issue message pops out. Please fix this since this is the only game me and my friends play together. And I don’t want to have my friends leaving to play other games. Because I love halo 5

> Thank you for your reports, the team has made some changes to service configuration, and you should start to see improvements rather soon. Hard resetting your console (holding down the power button to properly power cycle the console) should help you connect to the updated services immediately. If these issues persist, please let us know in this thread.

thanks

Still the same junk in Brazil. Two freak months!!!

Tried hard re-setting. Still can’t find a game in either Arena or Warzone.

I am still having issues with games not loading so I assume it is an issue with connectivity to servers. It is a big mess at this point for me. I can play a couple in a row without a problem and then a game won’t load and I have to quit out of the game. Tag is XxHrKingxX. 343 please look into this, only started happening for me after the Cartographer update. Thank you

I can play but no RP or XP, not even a carnage report. Cant back out of a lobby and go to a different game type

I have played the last two games and can’t get Req weapons. Happens occasionally but not twice in a row.

We are still experiencing extremely high pings in EUROPE, we have a thread with over 1900 replies called Dedicated Servers EU. The forum team responded THREE weeks ago however have not updated us since. Can we please get an update on what the verdict is on region selection or at least changing the ping parameters to something more reasonable.

This is game breaking for us, we are emptying clips into players that wont die and it makes the game really frustrating please help! We are being treated really poorly by 343i, why is it when servers are down for the US … everything is done to resolve the issues as soon as possible? but when players from Europe explain that we are constantly being connected to servers located THOUSANDS of miles away nothing is being done about it? Many customers will never buy your product again and users from the other the other thread have already explained that they have quit Halo for this reason. The population is bad enough without something like this ruining Halo for fans in Europe.

Link to thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/dedicated-servers-eu/a65cf801-460d-49f5-abcc-4b172f736b3a/posts

since the “update” i am unable to even load halo 5. I get error messages at the very start of the game booting saying “we were unable to get your lastest saved data” and i cant even play campaign anymore.

Can play any other games online fine.

Hey thank you for the update. In addition, not sure where else to post this where it has a chance to be read by 343i, but there seems to be a lot of issues regarding European players or really anyone outside the US being able to play certain parts of Halo 5’s multiplayer. Do you guys have any patches in the works for those players?

Also, the MCC hasn’t received a formal update or mention from you guys since October 16, 2015. When can we expect to receive or hear about your next patch to the MCC? Will we receive any additional patches for the MCC? Any word on these matters would be greatly appreciated.

-Trigger Happy M

I get these type of things all the time since launch. Some days are worse, some days are better.

Attention. There was a problem with the dedicated server.

Unable to join.We´ve encountered a problem and could´nt join you to the game.

Req packs not available during the game.

Retrieving data - cannot open gained reqpacks

Unable to match.

But most annoying of all is the severe latency issues we get when you force EU players like myself onto US servers.

Direct hit with splinter grenade but no kill

My POV during the game with shots on target.

What happened on the server and shots are not on target due to latency.