There is an issue - half my challenges require odd ball

I have 2-3 challenges that requires odd ball game-type - currently the only way to earn substantial XP is to complete challenges. So it is more efficient to just quit any game that is not odd ball. I feel like 343 should have seen this coming. There is a minority of people who are gung-ho to just play for the enjoyment of it, but the majority of players want the upgrades/customizeable options. It is really an easy solution - award XP based on performance. Players who try hard and continue to improve, let them see a continual increase in XP. Players who stand around and don’t try they are awarded the baseline XP. This is rudimentary. I know I am not a genius of any sort.

1 Like

But the challenges usually take about 3-4 hours to complete all in a week even without quitting.

There’s no rush lol. Stop being a terrible teammate.

1 Like

You are the minority I was talking about! Lol. No offense! I love halo, but I want my efforts in a game to achieve something- I want to earn something based on my performance.

I have done all the weekly challenges so far, I want to unlock stuff too.

Got the Onyx unlocks from ranked too, now that’s performance based :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are the onyx unlocks? I only got to gold iv I think and am not sure if that unlocked anything.

1 Like

Each rank gets you a weapon emblem so right now you’ll have Bronze, Silver and Gold emblem to put on your weapons. If you rank up to Platinum you’ll get that one.

For getting to Onyx you get a little Recon helmet charm for all guns.

1 Like

If 343 offered a more robust playlist selection ala MCC I would agree, but it could take hours before even getting the necessary game mode to show up. I’ve probably only played BTB slayer a handful of times, but boy the number of times we timed out in Total Control :grimacing:. The challenge system is flawed and encourages the behavior that OP is describing.