There is a disturbance in the halo force

I’v been playing halo since day one and I’ve been on these forums quite often during that time and just recently started posting. I can honestly say I’ve haven’t seen THIS much activity so frequently on the halo forums before Halo 5 was release. I have my own opinions about Halo 5 (don’t really like it and I barely even play anymore) and I’m sure everyone else does too but it seems like Halo 5 is just rubbing alot of people the wrong way, getting bashed heavy on here and on other sites and forums and I don’t think the future is looking too good for the franchise.

Just curious
Anyone’s thoughts or opinions?

> 2533274852797395;1:
> I’v been playing halo since day one and I’ve been on these forums quite often during that time and just recently started posting. I can honestly say I’ve haven’t seen THIS much activity so frequently on the halo forums before Halo 5 was release. I have my own opinions about Halo 5 (don’t really like it and I barely even play anymore) and I’m sure everyone else does too but it seems like Halo 5 is just rubbing alot of people the wrong way, getting bashed heavy on here and on other sites and forums and I don’t think the future is looking too good for the franchise.
>
> Just curious
> Anyone’s thoughts or opinions?

The amazing thing about online forums is that it allows people to hate on whatever they want.

I have seen all the games released in the last few years take the hate. Its nothing new.

I skipped a few releases, the last Halo I was really into was Halo 2 and I remember a lot of people talking about that in very similar terms, bashing the game mechanics, the maps, Bungie and their policies, the banhammer, lag, Xbox Live. Nothing has changed at all, haters still hate.

> 2533274852797395;1:
> I can honestly say I’ve haven’t seen THIS much activity so frequently on the halo forums before Halo 5 was release.

How? You must not have been very active before.

> 2576836393959214;2:
> > 2533274852797395;1:
> > I’v been playing halo since day one and I’ve been on these forums quite often during that time and just recently started posting. I can honestly say I’ve haven’t seen THIS much activity so frequently on the halo forums before Halo 5 was release. I have my own opinions about Halo 5 (don’t really like it and I barely even play anymore) and I’m sure everyone else does too but it seems like Halo 5 is just rubbing alot of people the wrong way, getting bashed heavy on here and on other sites and forums and I don’t think the future is looking too good for the franchise.
> >
> > Just curious
> > Anyone’s thoughts or opinions?
>
>
> The amazing thing about online forums is that it allows people to hate on whatever they want.
>
> I have seen all the games released in the last few years take the hate. Its nothing new.

Yeah this is pretty common for a fps video game forum.

> 2745721379973487;3:
> I skipped a few releases, the last Halo I was really into was Halo 2 and I remember a lot of people talking about that in very similar terms, bashing the game mechanics, the maps, Bungie and their policies, the banhammer, lag, Xbox Live. Nothing has changed at all, haters still hate.

I second that, I remember that after Halo 2’s release, it was met with heavy criticism from the online fan base, so much so that in several Bungie interviews leading up to Halo 3 the team openly addressed that they did not want to mess up again and deliver an unfinished product like they did with Halo 2. Now years later, Halo 2 is regarded by many as the best Halo of all time.

I said it many times before, but in my Opinion - Internet per se is since a long time very toxic. Internet is anonym and its easy for you to group together, which also strengtens your own ignorance, intolerance etc etc. If you back than had a Game, which you didn’t like it, but your Friend does, people never tried to convience you, or bash you, or whine about the same thing again and again. A Friend of mine never liked Battlefield and was a huge fan of CoD, do you think we start an FIght over and over again?! Nope, we respected our tastes. But People, almost in the Internet, can’t do that. They have to whine about the same thing over and over again, instead from moving on and let the people, who enjoy the Game play in peace…

And i don’t understand such peoples. I for myself are an Huge Diablo Fan, i love this series, because i grew up with the Game. And a lot of people know, how Diablo 3 split the Community, and a lot of People ran of for Path of Exile. I for myself found Path of Exile god awfull and don’t like that Game, but do you guys really think, i visit the PoE everyday and bash that game, for simply try to be an bad wannabe Diablo 2 Clone?! No, at first i have better things to do, at second its still upon tastes. But can Path of Exile Fanboys do that? No they have to visit new Diablo 3 Patch trailers, to flame and whine, and bash that Game, and try to convience me(and other players), like if i don’t know which game i really prefer?

Here the same, i mean - why people post in the Halo 5 Guardians section, that they host an Halo 3 Custom Game?! Why?! We have here Section for Classic-Games -.-
But like i said, it isn’t only Halo, it is in other Games as well. I myself couldn’t wait this year for Witcher 3 as well Fallout 4. And Guys, do you know what the Funny thing is? If you watched the Witcher 3 Forums back than, the Fallout 4 Fanboys entered the Forum and whined how bad Witcher 3 is. They couldn’t stop and even if you tried to argue with them, they couldn’t accept a damn thing and talked down every argument. Then, if you looked up Fallout 4 release, you have seen people who -Yoinking!- about Fallout 4. If you looked at their Playtime - they put more then 300 hours into witcher 3 and “only” 10 hours into Fallout 4.(if they even owned it)

And this stupid -Yoinking!- -Yoink- -Yoink- Consol-War - or even this stupid PC Master Race. Everytime i hear this -Yoinking!- PC Master Race argument, the most thing i want ist, to beat the -Yoinking!- -Yoink- out of them - Emile’s regards and so on, you understand. Back than, in my childhood, people where happy to know some people who have an different plattform. I could play on PC or Xbox from my bro, or PSX/1 from my Friends, i myself had Nintendo Consoles and where happy with that. But nowdays everything is in Competition. And people have no tolerance anymore, even though every act like they are so liberal. - Look at Feminism(cough anitia sarkesian cough) -> you know what i mean! -

Sorry, i just had to let off some steam. But nowdays if it goes for me, i want to avoid communitys more. People here whine about Social Playlist, and yeah, Halo 5 lacks in that, but if i look, what peoples they actually are, how they act and how they talk in this forum, about peoples, 343 etc. I have to say, i don’T even want to get social with people like that. Some of them are really cancerous if you ask me, and it make me slightly bit sick, if think how 343i should support these People.

I honestly don’t get that vibe from this game and the people that play it. Its the best Halo since Halo 2 in my opinion. Well balanced and the game play is solid. All the other ones became stale pretty quickly to me except for Reach but I can see myself playing well into the end of next year. Its just a lot of fun to me. Maybe the people who aren’t enjoying it are playing alone or something like that but I am having a lot of fun playing this game. Heck it could just be that I am a lot more of a dominate player than I have ever been in a Halo game. Idk.

People only complain because they love halo. They only care about its shortcomings and nitpick at them because they adore halo.

Depending on who 343 is listening to, this game will always have a future. There are enough die hard fans that will still buy Halo games. I, for one, will buy it. Sure things are missing, evolved; if you will… But I still enjoy playing Halo. I look forward to all the changes. It is a little sad when key playlists are gone. But hey, I still play because I love the game.

The unhappy/disgruntled are always the more vocal. Some complain on Waypoint, most of us enjoying the bejeezus out of the game are just online playing instead of posting

Sure remember back in Halo 2 when rocket lock on and boarding was going to kill vehicular gameplay?

People voice their concerns about certain topics for example I don’t like the map design and forge but the rest I think in fantastic. Thing is if no body complains then no progress can be made but there is a fine like between constructive criticism and hate.

I think Halo might only be surviving as a franchise because of its Campaign at this point.

Multiplayer has been on a heavy decline ever since Reach. In fact the new vs old “war” has been going on ever since Reach as well.

“REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE CRITICIZED HALO 2 AND HALO 3?”
“REMEMBER HALO2SUCKS.COM?”

Do YOU remember how those games were extremely successful despite said criticisms? You guys keep pretending its even remotely the same situation when it’s not.

> 2533274819302824;13:
> I think Halo might only be surviving as a franchise because of its Campaign at this point.
>
> Multiplayer has been on a heavy decline ever since Reach. In fact the new vs old “war” has been going on ever since Reach as well.

The only reason why Halo 5 is as active as it is now is because of the multiplayer. I don’t think anyone plays for the campaign at this point, as it was criticized heavily for being both disjointed and misleading.