There are no asymmetrical gamemodes? Why?

I just completed a forged map, which is based off one flag where one team defends and another plays offense. I complete the map and when I go to test it I notice there is no game mode for one flag? This is pretty weird but I figure “whatever” and I look for another asymmetrical game mode, but then I look through the game modes and see that there aren’t any. Why is this? Does 343i have some kind of issue with anything not perfectly symmetrical or something?

Extra: I know this isn’t about maps, but I notice that a lot of their maps are symmetrical, even their warzone maps too. Then the few asymmetrical maps they have aren’t very good. This is kind of annoying and I hope this isn’t some kind of new trend…

Meh i never noticed. I guess i always preferred 2 flag games more.

> 2533274846171508;2:
> Meh i never noticed. I guess i always preferred 2 flag games more.

Infection, territories, VIP, Assault (one bomb), invasion, dominion, and more don’t exist anymore in Halo 5, and most of their maps are symmetrical. I barely noticed now, as I explained earlier, but now that you are reading it, do you see a weird trend?

> 2533274831388058;1:
> I just completed a forged map, which is based off one flag where one team defends and another plays offense. I complete the map and when I go to test it I notice there is no game mode for one flag? This is pretty weird but I figure “whatever” and I look for another asymmetrical game mode, but then I look through the game modes and see that there aren’t any. Why is this? Does 343i have some kind of issue with anything not perfectly symmetrical or something?
>
> Extra: I know this isn’t about maps, but I notice that a lot of their maps are symmetrical, even their warzone maps too. Then the few asymmetrical maps they have aren’t very good. This is kind of annoying and I hope this isn’t some kind of new trend…

Have fun only playing strongholds and slayer on your map. At least you can play 2/3 of the gametypes right?

Man asymetrical gameplay is what i loved about halo and they removed all of it…

> 2533274869876023;4:
> > 2533274831388058;1:
> > I just completed a forged map, which is based off one flag where one team defends and another plays offense. I complete the map and when I go to test it I notice there is no game mode for one flag? This is pretty weird but I figure “whatever” and I look for another asymmetrical game mode, but then I look through the game modes and see that there aren’t any. Why is this? Does 343i have some kind of issue with anything not perfectly symmetrical or something?
> >
> > Extra: I know this isn’t about maps, but I notice that a lot of their maps are symmetrical, even their warzone maps too. Then the few asymmetrical maps they have aren’t very good. This is kind of annoying and I hope this isn’t some kind of new trend…
>
>
> Have fun only playing strongholds and slayer on your map. At least you can play 2/3 of the gametypes right?
>
> Man asymetrical gameplay is what i loved about halo and they removed all of it…

Haha, yeah. I added stronghold bases to the map and am now thinking of how I can do as little as possible to get it to work… It is a shame because I actually felt excited for testing the map and was going to post here to ask for volunteers. That isn’t happening now I guess…

> 2533274831388058;5:
> > 2533274869876023;4:
> > > 2533274831388058;1:
> > > I just completed a forged map, which is based off one flag where one team defends and another plays offense. I complete the map and when I go to test it I notice there is no game mode for one flag? This is pretty weird but I figure “whatever” and I look for another asymmetrical game mode, but then I look through the game modes and see that there aren’t any. Why is this? Does 343i have some kind of issue with anything not perfectly symmetrical or something?
> > >
> > > Extra: I know this isn’t about maps, but I notice that a lot of their maps are symmetrical, even their warzone maps too. Then the few asymmetrical maps they have aren’t very good. This is kind of annoying and I hope this isn’t some kind of new trend…
> >
> >
> > Have fun only playing strongholds and slayer on your map. At least you can play 2/3 of the gametypes right?
> >
> > Man asymetrical gameplay is what i loved about halo and they removed all of it…
>
>
> Haha, yeah. I added stronghold bases to the map and am now thinking of how I can do as little as possible to get it to work… It is a shame because I actually felt excited for testing the map and was going to post here to ask for volunteers. That isn’t happening now I guess…

I was going to build something similar to relic and then I remembered this -Yoink-. Now Im working on a symetrical version of relic because I love those fights to the top and then throwing the flag off the edge towards your base.

> 2533274869876023;6:
> > 2533274831388058;5:
> > > 2533274869876023;4:
> > > > 2533274831388058;1:
> > > > I just completed a forged map, which is based off one flag where one team defends and another plays offense. I complete the map and when I go to test it I notice there is no game mode for one flag? This is pretty weird but I figure “whatever” and I look for another asymmetrical game mode, but then I look through the game modes and see that there aren’t any. Why is this? Does 343i have some kind of issue with anything not perfectly symmetrical or something?
> > > >
> > > > Extra: I know this isn’t about maps, but I notice that a lot of their maps are symmetrical, even their warzone maps too. Then the few asymmetrical maps they have aren’t very good. This is kind of annoying and I hope this isn’t some kind of new trend…
> > >
> > >
> > > Have fun only playing strongholds and slayer on your map. At least you can play 2/3 of the gametypes right?
> > >
> > > Man asymetrical gameplay is what i loved about halo and they removed all of it…
> >
> >
> > Haha, yeah. I added stronghold bases to the map and am now thinking of how I can do as little as possible to get it to work… It is a shame because I actually felt excited for testing the map and was going to post here to ask for volunteers. That isn’t happening now I guess…
>
>
> I was going to build something similar to relic and then I remembered this -Yoink-. Now Im working on a symetrical version of relic because I love those fights to the top and then throwing the flag off the edge towards your base.

Good luck with that… I think your best bet would just have to be to make one base, place both flags on the top, then have two different starting areas that are identical (so maybe have your map in the shape of a V overall).

Warzone assault is asymmetrical (although I personally can’t stand it)

ya it’s pretty dumb

> 2533274851326318;8:
> Warzone assault is asymmetrical (although I personally can’t stand it)

Warzone assault feels like it was kind of tacked on and not like it planned though. How else would that one exploit even be possible otherwise? Nonetheless, aside from Warzone Assault there aren’t any others…

Good Luck. I noticed the same. I’m going to try just outright hiding the flag goal of one team, so it does end up as one flag vs the time limit. The only downfall is you have to manually play for more rounds but I’d rather that then nothing at all.

Don’t know if this is possible but you could try to place one flag (hidden) on top of the other. Inaccesibile for all Players but with a scrippted door which opens after a certain time (your defined round time) so that it drops to the defenders who would then score. Potentially they still Need to pick it up and manually move it a few stepps into their own flag to score.

I see your issue. How can the defenders win? If they hold of the attackers for the entire time the match will propably Close even and not as a win for the defenders…

what you have to do is think to yourself “Does the pro circuit play these types of games?” If the answer is no then 343 don’t give a damn about it.