there a reason why 343i decided to leave out VETO?

343 had it in Halo 4 (x360) and the MCC (XB1). Bungie had it for Reach (x360) and i believe Halo 3 (x360).

Vetoing/Voting for maps has become the standard in modern online shooters such as CoD, Gears of War, etc.
What’s your theory?

I hope they add it when they release more DLC maps. I really hope they didn’t remove it because they were afraid certain maps will NEVER get chosen which would bring down their rep (such as Regret (my most hated), Overgrowth (I’m starting to enjoy), etc)

I agree. There really should be a majority voting. We get stuck playing the same games over and over. I think we went like 6-7 games straight on Regret.

H3 did it perfect.
Sometimes you had BRs on a bad map or you play with ARs on a good map.
At the end each map was played evenly.
But in H5 we dont have a BR playlist and we dont have Map voting or just a veto option

> 2533274921373075;3:
> H3 did it perfect.
> Sometimes you had BRs on a bad map or you play with ARs on a good map.
> At the end each map was played evenly.
> But in H5 we dont have a BR playlist and we dont have Map voting or just a veto option

Are you kidding me? 9 times… 9 TIMES OUT OF 10… When I go into the original Halo 3 matchmaking, I get Narrows… and rarely will enough players ever veto that horrible, horrible map…

Halo 3’s Veto system is garbage.

EDIT: Well, maybe 9 times out of 10 is an exaggeration, but you get the point.

Come to think of it, most of the Halo 3 maps are awful. Sandtrap is one of the only good original maps that Halo 3 possesses. Most of the other good maps are remixes from Halo 2.

> 2533274872013539;2:
> I agree. There really should be a majority voting. We get stuck playing the same games over and over. I think we went like 6-7 games straight on Regret.

Halo 4 had voting, and BTB went like this.: Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, (ragnarok does not appear as an option) Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit.

Halo 3 had it right, offer a map and gametype, and the option to opt out of it and get something different. The new choice could be better or worse, but at least we have a choice.

Id rather have a decent map rotation than playing the same damn map over and over and over. As others have said past games literally depict this occurrence such as Ragnarok being the only damn BTB map voted for. Im not saying the rotation is great in halo 5 but at least its something, heck if i play a map twice in a row fine but not 8 damn times in other games.

> 2533274978553590;5:
> > 2533274872013539;2:
> > I agree. There really should be a majority voting. We get stuck playing the same games over and over. I think we went like 6-7 games straight on Regret.
>
>
> Halo 4 had voting, and BTB went like this.: Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, Ragnarok, (ragnarok does not appear as an option) Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit Player has quit.
>
> Halo 3 had it right, offer a map and gametype, and the option to opt out of it and get something different. The new choice could be better or worse, but at least we have a choice.

Lol that was so true. I’m glad we don’t have to go through that again. Compared to that, I’m happy with the random map choices, lol!

They went back to random selection of map/gametype combination to increase the variety of experiences in matchmaking. It has its problems, but I prefer it to previous iterations. I hated vetoing, as there was nothing was than vetoing one selection only to get an even weaker choice in replacement. And voting was fine, but things can get redundant pretty easily that way.