there a reason to pick up the Carbine over BR/DMR?

I can see picking it up over a pistol, but what about the other two rifles? Light rifle?

> 2533274913126156;1:
> I can see picking it up over a pistol, but what about the other two rifles? Light rifle?

Maybe not the light rifle. BUT it is the fastest rifle. It helps against someone with the slower BR

> 2533274801743498;2:
> > 2533274913126156;1:
> > I can see picking it up over a pistol, but what about the other two rifles? Light rifle?
>
>
> Maybe not the light rifle. BUT it is the fastest rifle. It helps against someone with the slower BR

But the BR seems to have a faster TTK and it doesn’t matter if 1 of the 3 bullets misses you can still get a “perfect kill” which is total crap

I think the zoom on the carbine is ‘larger’ than on the BR? Can anyone confirm this?

I run the Carbine once in a while just to get the Commendation. I have a ways to go with it.

BR

• Three-round burst, with each shot having potential of dealing a killing blow with a headshot
  • The new scope is relatively weak compared to BRs in previous Halo games

DMR

• Each shot is more powerful than three rounds of the BR.
  • Single shot means you will have to be precise with each of your shots.

Carbine

• Technically, it has the highest capacity magazine of all the precision rifles. Though the BR has 36 rounds, its three-round burst means you can only fire 12 times, whereas you can fire 20 times with the Carbine
  • Highest rate of fire of all precision rifles in the game.
  • Not very effective unless you aim for the head

Light Rifle

• Highest damage per shot of all precision rifles in the game
  • Slowest rate of fire of all precision rifles, made slower by zooming in.

All these are just from my experience of the game so far.

I prefer the carbine over the br, I can shoot it faster, I like it’s reticle, and seem to get quick headshot kills with it. I’m not sure why it’s a level 4 req in warzone tho, and it should be able to be a loadout weapon…

I’d go with carbine over br just for the speed alone although the impact isn’t as satisfying.

The Carbine and the BR have the exact same kill times

> 2535418262439483;9:
> The Carbine and the BR have the exact same kill times

Actually the Carbine is faster if you hit the head every shot and spam the trigger. My buddy and I tested it, and the carbine has the fastest kill time of the rifles. We tested at mid range so I don’t know about the long range kill times. I may test that this week and see.

I always pick up the carbine when I see it.

It’s easy to kill with it because the rate of fire is so fast that if you miss a shot you don’t gain too much time

It kills in 8 shots, so 1 missed shot = only 12.5% more time added to get a kill compared to +25% if you completely miss a burst with the BR.

The perfect kill time seems really fast, does anybody know how it stacks up to the BR’s? It feels faster to me but I’m not sure if it is or not.

well because of kill times in this game, no not really.
if they kept the kill times between the rifles the same from H4 then yes there’d be reasons to.
But again the kill times make the carbine a pick for that role only over the pistol.
it stil beats the BR but it doesnt shut them down like it use to.

> 2533274802359621;6:
> DMR
> + Each shot is more powerful than three rounds of the BR.

This can’t be true since it takes 5 shots to kill with the DMR but only 4 with the BR.

> 2533274821089769;10:
> We tested at mid range so I don’t know about the long range kill times. I may test that this week and see.

Killtimes are the same regardless of range as long as all the bullets hit. The precision guns are hitscan so there is no bullet travel time.

Thanks for the info about the killtimes though, I had a feeling the Carbine killed slightly faster.

> 2533274870591903;12:
> well because of kill times in this game, no.
> if they kept the kill times between the rifles the same from H4 then yes there’d be reasons to.
> But again the kill times make the carbine a pick for that role only over the pistol.

It kills just as fast as the BR and or DMR. Not to mention look at anyone’s accuracy with the weapon. It’s by far the easiest weapon to be accurate with in the whole game. I have yet to see anyone have a better accuracy with the BR or DMR than they do with the Carbine.

No

Yes, I believe the answer to be in the ranges of the weapons. I see the carbine a closer range effectiveness far out weighs both weapons. The BR being a 30-40 foot range and DMR 40+ and beyond. The carbine is more comparable to the AR in those terms. I have been using the Carbine, most recently and winning 10-20 foot range battles.

Carbine is slightly better than a BR, but a DMR still is better long range.

Carbine definitely does long range a bit better than the BR. Not to mention fast firerate helps in descoping during a long range showdown. And it helps shred an OS user better than BR/DMR. Although the maps in Arena with Carbine do not have OS. In Warzone however, any scenario is possible.

Commendation is the only reason i can think of

Missing one shot with Carbine does little to effect its overall TTK. Missing a BR burst, DRM round, pistol round, or light rifle round will more substantially effect their TTK.

I prefer the carbine for medium-close combat.