Theory on why so many "smurf" accounts info

Some people create smurf accounts a puposefully rank lower then they normaly would. Then lets say these onyx/champion players rank themselves platinum, they then go and pub stomp players who are actually platinums who then now rank gold because of it. Then these new gold players bup stomp actual gold players and so on.

Just a theory I came up with because I ranked silver today when I usually rank gold, and I was facing some very coordinated silver players today when usually its a cake walk for me

Was it in the HCS playlist?

> 2533274875982754;2:
> Was it in the HCS playlist?

Team arena

One reason that there are so many smurf accounts is because on the xbox one you only need gold on one account and you can play online with silver xbl accounts too.
I like what someone suggested that 343 should make it to where ranked games unlock after a certain amount of playtime in social and other gametypes.

> 2535449837672727;3:
> > 2533274875982754;2:
> > Was it in the HCS playlist?
>
> Team arena

without AR’s and radar that only tracks spartan abilities and shooting. Plus no splinter grenades.

This season the ranks got a little bit of a bump so its harder to reach onyx/champion. For example if you ranked platinum last season you will likely rank gold this season. If you’d like more details you can read about it in Josh Menke’s Matchmaking Feedback Threads.

I’m in the same boat as OP. I’m struggling in low Gold and normally Platinum is where I’m at. I think the main reason for smurfs is that Halo 5 is just miserable when you are getting whipped. What’s the point in grinding up to your max rank, only to have it reset for the 10th time? I think people are ranking low intentionally, even on their main accounts, because going 15-7 at a lower rank is more fun that being the worst on the team when you are at your peak rank.

> 2533274875982754;2:
> Was it in the HCS playlist?

I played the HCS playlist a while back and man, either there are people still buying the game or there is lots of ppl running Smurfs. Ran into a good amount of while getting my placement matches in

The only ranked playlist I even play anymore is FFA. I run into them pretty often I think. But can’t say I blame them. One told me match making is so slow it’s pretty much the only why he can find games sometimes. I know they have made some changes to try and help higher ranking players find matches faster but as the population goes down don’t know how much it will help.

> 2533274816788253;9:
> The only ranked playlist I even play anymore is FFA. I run into them pretty often I think. But can’t say I blame them. One told me match making is so slow it’s pretty much the only why he can find games sometimes. I know they have made some changes to try and help higher ranking players find matches faster but as the population goes down don’t know how much it will help.

I read the same thing in another forum, my theory is just that it has a snowball effect of sorts pretty much

> 2535449837672727;10:
> > 2533274816788253;9:
> > The only ranked playlist I even play anymore is FFA. I run into them pretty often I think. But can’t say I blame them. One told me match making is so slow it’s pretty much the only why he can find games sometimes. I know they have made some changes to try and help higher ranking players find matches faster but as the population goes down don’t know how much it will help.
>
> I read the same thing in another forum, my theory is just that it has a snowball effect of sorts pretty much

Well players who use “smurf” accounts that may cause other players of higher rank to drop can’t be included as “Smurfs” as they aren’t purposely playing lower ranked players and they should be able to rank back up. I look at it this way, since one of my goals was to achieve champion rank in FFA, I will never get there if I don’t play against these higher ranked players. You don’t get better at the game playing those of similar or lesser skill.

> 2535449837672727;1:
> Some people create smurf accounts a puposefully rank lower then they normaly would. Then lets say these onyx/champion players rank themselves platinum, they then go and pub stomp players who are actually platinums who then now rank gold because of it. Then these new gold players bup stomp actual gold players and so on.
>
> Just a theory I came up with because I ranked silver today when I usually rank gold, and I was facing some very coordinated silver players today when usually its a cake walk for me

These so called smurfs don’t have anything on there halo 3 counterparts

> 2533274830166194;12:
> > 2535449837672727;1:
> > Some people create smurf accounts a puposefully rank lower then they normaly would. Then lets say these onyx/champion players rank themselves platinum, they then go and pub stomp players who are actually platinums who then now rank gold because of it. Then these new gold players bup stomp actual gold players and so on.
> >
> > Just a theory I came up with because I ranked silver today when I usually rank gold, and I was facing some very coordinated silver players today when usually its a cake walk for me
>
> These so called smurfs don’t have anything on there halo 3 counterparts

What were the smurfs like in Halo 3?

> 2533274870717152;13:
> > 2533274830166194;12:
> > > 2535449837672727;1:
> > > Some people create smurf accounts a puposefully rank lower then they normaly would. Then lets say these onyx/champion players rank themselves platinum, they then go and pub stomp players who are actually platinums who then now rank gold because of it. Then these new gold players bup stomp actual gold players and so on.
> > >
> > > Just a theory I came up with because I ranked silver today when I usually rank gold, and I was facing some very coordinated silver players today when usually its a cake walk for me
> >
> > These so called smurfs don’t have anything on there halo 3 counterparts
>
> What were the smurfs like in Halo 3?

So many 2 day accounts you had dudes who were generals boosting there friends in ranked games and also selling accounts

> 2533274830166194;14:
> > 2533274870717152;13:
> > > 2533274830166194;12:
> > > > 2535449837672727;1:
> > > > Some people create smurf accounts a puposefully rank lower then they normaly would. Then lets say these onyx/champion players rank themselves platinum, they then go and pub stomp players who are actually platinums who then now rank gold because of it. Then these new gold players bup stomp actual gold players and so on.
> > > >
> > > > Just a theory I came up with because I ranked silver today when I usually rank gold, and I was facing some very coordinated silver players today when usually its a cake walk for me
> > >
> > > These so called smurfs don’t have anything on there halo 3 counterparts
> >
> > What were the smurfs like in Halo 3?
>
> So many 2 day accounts you had dudes who were generals boosting there friends in ranked games and also selling accounts

Don’t remind me. Those were dark days indeed

> 2533274874872263;15:
> > 2533274830166194;14:
> > > 2533274870717152;13:
> > > > 2533274830166194;12:
> > > > > 2535449837672727;1:
> > > > > Some people create smurf accounts a puposefully rank lower then they normaly would. Then lets say these onyx/champion players rank themselves platinum, they then go and pub stomp players who are actually platinums who then now rank gold because of it. Then these new gold players bup stomp actual gold players and so on.
> > > > >
> > > > > Just a theory I came up with because I ranked silver today when I usually rank gold, and I was facing some very coordinated silver players today when usually its a cake walk for me
> > > >
> > > > These so called smurfs don’t have anything on there halo 3 counterparts
> > >
> > > What were the smurfs like in Halo 3?
> >
> > So many 2 day accounts you had dudes who were generals boosting there friends in ranked games and also selling accounts
>
> Don’t remind me. Those were dark days indeed

Honestly though I didn’t mind it as much as others because I felt it was a way to test my skill and possibly get better…I will admit that a mid to high 40 playing with a level 15 or lower teammate was ridiculous and bungie should’ve did something…AI just want a return to the 1 to 50 system,but that’s just me

This is why I don’t play ranked modes.

People think rank means something.

And brag If theirs is higher than someone else’s.

Or complain about where theirs is at.
Or put someone down because of rank.

> 2533274983213185;17:
> This is why I don’t play ranked modes.
>
> People think rank means something.
>
> And brag If theirs is higher than someone else’s.
>
> Or complain about where theirs is at.
> Or put someone down because of rank.

Also true. I only play ranked modes in H5 because of the emblem unlock per season. Once that’s done I can take or leave it - get a good team together and I don’t mind going back in.

> 2533274983213185;17:
> This is why I don’t play ranked modes.
>
> People think rank means something.
>
> And brag If theirs is higher than someone else’s.
>
> Or complain about where theirs is at.
> Or put someone down because of rank.

Ranked is just something I don’t touch in any game. I can prove my skill in gameplay, not some medal.

Another problem is that the term smurf is thrown around way to often. Anytime someone gets their -Yoink- kicked its instantly because of smurfs. I know I got placed in platinum 3 in swat and I’ve been coming in 1st place every game and kicking -Yoink-, while some of my teammates have been doing horrible. I got called a smurf and it’s like “no you guys just suck”.