Theory on why promethean color change.

BEWARE SPOILERS DOWN BELOW

My theory on why the promethean color change is maybe have something to do with didact and the cryptum. My guess is that the reason they blue instead of orange is maybe because they haven’t been in controlled by the didact and are hostile toward anything that is not from the planet as you can see in the gameplay that Frankie was playing during the live stream of halo 4 campaign mission. Which if you didn’t know was also the third mission of the campaign and maybe the mission before the one that was shown on the e3 expo. Which to point out could be the fourth mission. But back to the point basically the reason the prometheans are orange is maybe because there following the didact order as he is the only forerunner that(we know) is alive and on requiem.

I’d say it was mainly because of regions. The blue-lighted Prometheans were in a snowy/cold climatic areas where it was cold whereas the orange lights were in tropical/hot climatic areas.

> I’d say it was mainly because of regions. The blue-lighted Prometheans were in a snowy/cold climatic areas where it was cold whereas the orange lights were in tropical/hot climatic areas.

That could also be the answer as well.

> I’d say it was mainly because of regions. The blue-lighted Prometheans were in a snowy/cold climatic areas where it was cold whereas the orange lights were in tropical/hot climatic areas.

This is what I am pointing towards.

If it’s like what most people saying that it’s based on the time of day (blue at night, orange in day) but with a twist: it seems that the 3rd mission shown they are inside the center of Requiem, which is darkened, thus making the Prometheans there blue, while the orange appear on the surface part where the majority of the missions are in the day. (Might be confusing to read haha) so the ones in the very center, the core, blue, were anywhere else orange

i don’t know where i heard this from but someone suggested that Prometheans during the day are orange and at night are blue. seems consistent so far.

Yes, they change their colour depending on the time of day

everything is orange and teal now…

What about rank? Higher ranked Elites are a different colour.

I’m pretty sure Frankie hinted in GTTV that there are orange and blue factions, as he also stated that there are orange and blue buildings on Requiem as well.

I made a post on this weeks ago. it is cause the didacts awake soo the turn red. blue is their normal colour. frankie indirectly confirms this, in multiple interviews when he talks about how the prometheans are influence/changed by the didact.

The OP is pretty much right. The Prometheans turn from automated defense units to a more aggressive and controlled force. Naturally buildngs would reflect this too. There aren’t two different factions.