Theory of the Monitors

I’m placing this theory here because it may hold something to Halo 4, in regards of the Didact and others from the Forerunner saga.

Those who did not read the Forerunner saga, be warned of some major spoilers.

As with all theories and speculations, this is just a product of over thinking and trying to solve a great puzzle. The end result of this theory may or may not produce the reasoning behind one of the Didacts hating humanity.

For those of you who chose to enter this spoiler without reading any of the Forerunner saga, I warn you again SPOILERS AHEAD

So, to start off, I’ll talk about Chakas and 343 Guilty Spark. We know that Chakas was turned into a monitor. Either some of his memories/data were stored in 343 GS, or Spark is a fragment of him (debate on that later). We don’t know what happened to Chakas after the incident on 07.

Now this is the beginning of my theory, hopefully some more information is brought to light when Silentium comes.

What if the Didact hates us because humanity are actually the ones that activated the Halo array? Specifically Chakas, if the Bornsteller Didact is the one on Requiem. To be betrayed by the one human he trusted.

If 343 Guilty Spark is a fragment of Chakas, then his name could be a very large and slightly obvious clue. Then what about the other monitors? 049 Abject Testament, 2401 Penitent Tangent,?

Guilty-the state of being responsible for the commission of an offense.

Abject-
1.(of a situation or condition) Extremely bad, unpleasant, and degrading.
2.(of an unhappy state of mind) Experienced to the maximum degree.

Penitent-Feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentant.

Their names are that of guilt and grievance, whether they chose them or not.

Perhaps, knowing that Chakas used Halo before, he made sure that Monitors and other constructs would never be able to use the rings again.