Theory of the Janus key.

You know what it is.
(Two part key, finds all forerunner tech everywhere)

It could be used to track the Guardians.
Track cortana.
Now that the unsc have it.

Probably a major deus ex machina / plot device for the next game.

As it wasn’t needed in halo 5.

> 2533274983213185;1:
> You know what it is.
> (Two part key, finds all forerunner tech everywhere)
>
> It could be used to track the Guardians.
> Track cortana.
> Now that the unsc have it.
>
> Probably a major deus ex machina / plot device for the next game.
>
> As it wasn’t needed in halo 5.

If I remember correctly the monitor of the absolute record took the Janus key,

> 2533274830166194;2:
> > 2533274983213185;1:
> > You know what it is.
> > (Two part key, finds all forerunner tech everywhere)
> >
> > It could be used to track the Guardians.
> > Track cortana.
> > Now that the unsc have it.
> >
> > Probably a major deus ex machina / plot device for the next game.
> >
> > As it wasn’t needed in halo 5.
>
> If I remember correctly the monitor of the absolute record took the Janus key,

In a comic or something?

Guess they wanted halo 5/6’s plot longer.

> 2533274983213185;3:
> > 2533274830166194;2:
> > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > You know what it is.
> > > (Two part key, finds all forerunner tech everywhere)
> > >
> > > It could be used to track the Guardians.
> > > Track cortana.
> > > Now that the unsc have it.
> > >
> > > Probably a major deus ex machina / plot device for the next game.
> > >
> > > As it wasn’t needed in halo 5.
> >
> > If I remember correctly the monitor of the absolute record took the Janus key,
>
> In a comic or something?
>
> Guess they wanted halo 5/6’s plot longer.

or at least have a plot, the story and the motivation of the characters wasnt deep enough to empathize with locke or anyone else you havent play with (i like very much buck he is great and master chief…well he is THE spartan)

I had a thread about the janus key and yeah it was handled in outside media. I want to say it is in Halo escalation.

> 2533274921115718;4:
> > 2533274983213185;3:
> > > 2533274830166194;2:
> > > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > > You know what it is.
> > > > (Two part key, finds all forerunner tech everywhere)
> > > >
> > > > It could be used to track the Guardians.
> > > > Track cortana.
> > > > Now that the unsc have it.
> > > >
> > > > Probably a major deus ex machina / plot device for the next game.
> > > >
> > > > As it wasn’t needed in halo 5.
> > >
> > > If I remember correctly the monitor of the absolute record took the Janus key,
> >
> > In a comic or something?
> >
> > Guess they wanted halo 5/6’s plot longer.
>
> or at least have a plot, the story and the motivation of the characters wasnt deep enough to empathize with locke or anyone else you havent play with (i like very much buck he is great and master chief…well he is THE spartan)

I disagree there. there was some back info provided about the Spartans in Halo 5. it wasnt full bios or anything but at least some info was given. also you have to read the books or at least know some of the basics about the books to have better understanding… the book Hunters in the Dark is about Spartan Vale for example.

Yea, as far as we know the janice key is gone. it feels a bit silly that it got introduced, but I’m kinda glade humanity dosn’t have it.

It would take all the fun out of discovering new worlds.

I didn’t read the comic where it was taken away, but it does suprise me that a monitor over ruled the librarian, let’s talk about that more.

Guys this isn’t the real forge play. If it was, this thread would be about CQB :slight_smile:

I like your theory and I hope it happens. Also, it’s Janus not Janice.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> I had a thread about the janus key and yeah it was handled in outside media. I want to say it is in Halo escalation.

It is, if I remember correctly from the halo mythos a forerunner ai takes the key from Halsey in Escalation.

> 2535409489305717;9:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > I had a thread about the janus key and yeah it was handled in outside media. I want to say it is in Halo escalation.
>
> It is, if I remember correctly from the halo mythos a forerunner ai takes the key from Halsey in Escalation.

Yeah I own both but haven’t had a chance to read them. I haven’t even finished new blood yet. unfortunately I don’t get very many chances to read.

Pretty sure the A.R. monitor won’t be giving the key back any time soon seeing as how that part of the Escalation comic takes place like a month before H5. Halsey pissed him off big time.

> 2533274847563380;7:
> Yea, as far as we know the janice key is gone. it feels a bit silly that it got introduced, but I’m kinda glade humanity dosn’t have it.
>
> It would take all the fun out of discovering new worlds.
>
> I didn’t read the comic where it was taken away, but it does suprise me that a monitor over ruled the librarian, let’s talk about that more.

That narrative arc was just a -Yoink!- in general. Halsey hacking a Contender-class AI by the looks of the caretaker of the Absolute Record was nonsense. The Janus Key and Absolute Record facility itself just poofing out of the plot was ridiculous after years of build-up. They might come back again, but they better provide a primer for those who didn’t read Escalation.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> > 2535409489305717;9:
> > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > I had a thread about the janus key and yeah it was handled in outside media. I want to say it is in Halo escalation.
> >
> > It is, if I remember correctly from the halo mythos a forerunner ai takes the key from Halsey in Escalation.
>
> Yeah I own both but haven’t had a chance to read them. I haven’t even finished new blood yet. unfortunately I don’t get very many chances to read.

Well I can you this, the Art in the Halo Mythos is way better then the Art in Halo 5 Guardians. And for New blood, you can find art in the mythos relating to it.

Who’s Janice?

> 2533274983213185;3:
> > 2533274830166194;2:
> > > 2533274983213185;1:
> > > You know what it is.
> > > (Two part key, finds all forerunner tech everywhere)
> > >
> > > It could be used to track the Guardians.
> > > Track cortana.
> > > Now that the unsc have it.
> > >
> > > Probably a major deus ex machina / plot device for the next game.
> > >
> > > As it wasn’t needed in halo 5.
> >
> > If I remember correctly the monitor of the absolute record took the Janus key,
>
> In a comic or something?
>
> Guess they wanted halo 5/6’s plot longer.

No disrespect,but I assumed someone with this many posts on a halo forum would know the fate of the Janus key/absolute record