Theory: Guardians resemble Precursors

Just developed a new theory. What if the Guardians are based on the abilities and appearance of the Precursors?

On old concept art of a precursor (just google it) resembles the appearance of a Guardian.

On page 20 of Halo Mythos the image a precursor can be seen, and it’s similar to the concept art you can find on google images (search: Halo Precursor).

The image on page 20 also reveals flying rocks possibly orbiting the Precursor or rising from the ground by it’s presence. Does this mean something? The Halo E3 trailer revealed Chief in a desert and rocks were flying in the presence of a Guardian.

Also the Precursor has 4 - 6 noticable arms. Guardians have 4 - 6 noticably large wings. (Obviously more)

The Domain is also presumably Precursor in origin. Does this mean the Guardian were created by the Precursors? Is the Domain a place for Guardian command?

Let me know in the comments

The only images I could find (besides the one in mythos) are fan art.

The guardians (as far as we know) were created by the forerunners to police systems. No reason to suspect they were created by the precursors as they don’t use any obvious technology that is “precursory”. The domain is not a place that controls guardians. It’s simply the place that Cortona is lodged currently. She’s the one directing the guardians.

What the heck are Precursors? Keep the lore in the games

> 2533274904158628;3:
> What the heck are Precursors? Keep the lore in the games

So you want Precursors into the games?

> 2533274824409174;4:
> > 2533274904158628;3:
> > What the heck are Precursors? Keep the lore in the games
>
>
> So you want Precursors into the games?

I’m just asking what they are.

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2533274824409174;4:
> > > 2533274904158628;3:
> > > What the heck are Precursors? Keep the lore in the games
> >
> >
> > So you want Precursors into the games?
>
>
> I’m just asking what they are.

The creators of all life in the galaxy.

> 2533274904158628;3:
> What the heck are Precursors? Keep the lore in the games

They were mentioned in the Halo 3 terminals if that counts.

> 2533274833569045;6:
> The creators of all life in the galaxy.

Ohh that’s nuts! It would be neat if they showed up in Halo 6

> 2535442569875751;7:
> They were mentioned in the Halo 3 terminals if that counts.

That counts, and I vaguely remember that, but I wasn’t sure what they were talking about.

Aside from the Guardians not being silver/orange, they sure look Promethean to me, the way their entire mass is held together via a central core.

And I believe the Guardians are indeed like a policing system developed by the Prometheans. No reason to associate them with Precursors.

> 2533274904158628;8:
> > 2533274833569045;6:
> > The creators of all life in the galaxy.
>
>
> Ohh that’s nuts! It would be neat if they showed up in Halo 6
>
>
> > 2535442569875751;7:
> > They were mentioned in the Halo 3 terminals if that counts.
>
>
> That counts, and I vaguely remember that, but I wasn’t sure what they were talking about.

Technically The Flood are Precursors transformed, so they appeared before.

Given the Precursors took in many forms, saying the Guardians are based on them is a stretch.