Theory Debunked! NOT Guilty Spark! SPOILERS

So many topics have been created about this “Cortana is being controlled by Guilty Spark” theory, but honestly this makes way more sense. I’ve tried to respond to some of them but I figured it needed its own post. It might not be as dramatic as the 343 guilty spark theory but it honestly makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Cortana is humming “Olly Olly Oxenfree” at the end of Halo 5. Olly Olly Oxenfree was a “all clear” or “ok” code used by Spartan IIs. It was kept very secret, only Spartan IIs and people very close to the program knew “Olly Olly Oxenfree”'s significance. They mention this in halo 5 if people would actually pay attention. On the mission “Reunion”, mission 7 in halo 5, the 3 terminals you activate all whistle “Olly Olly Oxenfree” when you activate them. Spartan Fred even comments on this when he says something like “How many years has it been since we used that signal?” after you activate the first terminal. Don’t believe me? Turn on subtitles when you activate the terminals, it says “Olly Olly Oxenfree”.

Now the legendary ending, the important thing to note is how many syllables is “Olly Olly Oxenfree”, it’s 7. Cortana’s hum is 7 syllables long and she even hums it in the tune of “Olly Olly Oxenfree”, albeit rather slowly.

What could it all mean? Well “Olly Olly Oxenfree” was used as an “all clear” code. Halo rings were used to “clear” the galaxy of all life. Maybe what you are seeing is the aftermath? She has already fired the rings and she is morbidly humming to herself “all clear”?

And why would it be 343 guilty spark? Because it “kinda sounds like him?” Really guys? Why would Cortana, who is now one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, allow some powerless monitor such as 343 guilty spark to control her.

On on a side note, 7 was bungies favorite number. Hints the 7 syllables in Olly Olly Oxenfree. Just like the 7th column , 7th on the 7th, 7 steps to world domination, you know. Thought I might just put that in there just for fun

I didn’t get this from anywhere I figured this out all on my own, so I don’t have any go to article or website to point you too. I also seem to be the only person who has figured it out.

Please credit me me or point to this post if anyone asks

While a good theory, she isn’t actually humming the Oly Oly Oxen Free tune, at least not the one that was used to communicate with Blue team in the terminals. She was actually humming the first few notes of the piano tune you hear in the very first cutscene with her and Dr. Halsey.

> 2533274802606454;2:
> While a good theory, she isn’t actually humming the Oly Oly Oxenfree tune, at least not the one that was used to communicate with Blue team in the terminals. She was actually humming the first few notes of the piano tune you hear in the very first cutscene with her and Dr. Halsey.

Thank you !!! Also the hole number 7 thing really is out dated do to 343 not bungie

I prefer it to the 343 theory. Partly as we blew that F***** apart in Halo 3.

> 2533274800482814;4:
> I prefer it to the 343 theory. Partly as we blew that F***** apart in Halo 3.

Forerunner trilogy spoiler

Spark is alive, damaged but managed to be recovered and upload himself into a UNSC ship, and kill the crew. He went looking for the liberian.

> 2533274847364210;5:
> > 2533274800482814;4:
> > I prefer it to the 343 theory. Partly as we blew that F***** apart in Halo 3.
>
>
> Forerunner trilogy spoiler
> Spark is alive, damaged but managed to be recovered and upload himself into a UNSC ship, and kill the crew. He went looking for the liberian.

Pretty sure he didn’t kill the crew, just put them into cryo-sleep.

> 2533274800482814;4:
> I prefer it to the 343 theory. Partly as we blew that F***** apart in Halo 3.

Cortana died in Halo 4.
Johnson died in CE.

Who cares who’s dead? They can just come back.

This theory; as well as the 343 theory are stupid IMO.