Theory about the next Halo (Spoiler warning!)

I recommend to not read this if you don’t play with the game.

So lets continue the theories, speculations what could happen is Halo 6 and talk about some other Halo 5 related stuff.
Firstly, Infinity escaped from Cortana and Roland asked Lasky: “We’re just gonna run?” and he said: “Only until we can find a way to fight.”
That sound like every species in the galaxy from Drones to Brutes should unite to overcome Cortana (hmm…like Mass Effect 3, and I know I’m not the only one with that idea) I saw comment for example “Cortana is Halos Ultron now” and yes, that’s right.

Continue with Cortana, I think she’s a bit ugly, why 343 changed her looks, and under that I mean her face. Look at the FUD CGI Cortana and her new look. (but looks the others too 1, 2, 3, ) Something bothering me when I watch her. In Halo 4 she was pretty, cute but now…she not.

Finally, when I watched the ending I was sad. I had some hope that Chief gonna say somethin’ to Halsey, for example “Good to see you Dr. Halsey”. Unfortunately Arbiter and Chief also haven’t say anything. I waited for “Welcome Spartan/ Master Chief!”. They’re friends, aren’t they?That’s a few thing I can mention right now, but your turn. What do you think about these? or What are you miss from the story?

1 - Yeah…Halo 4 Cortana is WAY better looking, more “cute” than whatever the hell she is now xD (at least she has clothes now)

2 - I like the Mass Effect Theory, would be pretty cool to fight a long side brutes

3 - Have you seen the legendary ending? Cortana has a -Yoink!- Halo at her disposal…

> 2535452997078700;2:
> 1 - Yeah…Halo 4 Cortana is WAY better looking, more “cute” than whatever the hell she is now xD (at least she has clothes now)
>
> 2 - I like the Mass Effect Theory, would be pretty cool to fight a long side brutes
>
> 3 - Have you seen the legendary ending? Cortana has a -Yoink!- Halo at her disposal…

Ahh…really I forgot about that. That means she can active it whenever she want. And actually I wouldn’t be suprised if she do, but I don’t know how affect to the story. On the other hand until she listening Chief and want to keep him save there shouldn’t be a big problem.

> 2533274989165227;3:
> > 2535452997078700;2:
> > 1 - Yeah…Halo 4 Cortana is WAY better looking, more “cute” than whatever the hell she is now xD (at least she has clothes now)
> >
> > 2 - I like the Mass Effect Theory, would be pretty cool to fight a long side brutes
> >
> > 3 - Have you seen the legendary ending? Cortana has a -Yoink!- Halo at her disposal…
>
>
> Ahh…really I forgot about that. That means she can active it whenever she want. And actually I wouldn’t be suprised if she do, but I don’t know how affect to the story. On the other hand until she listening Chief and want to keep him save there shouldn’t be a big problem.

No idea what she’s going to do with it, that ending is creepy as hell though with her humming xD

I would say the visual differences (like her having clothes) in Cortana are to subtly suggest to the player that while this is based on Cortana it is NOT Cortana. Like when the apple was eaten in the garden of Eden clothes were put on. I would suggest much the same has happened with Cortana. She’s lost her innocence and she’s now evolving beyond what humanity can control/predict.
I’m not exactly happy about her coming back from the dead, but the reasoning seems to be solid and they seem to be handling it well from what I’ve seen, though I have yet to play the game. I read the spoilers and watch the leaks because I don’t get spoiled off a game/movie, and I like where this one is going.

[deleted]

> 2535452997078700;4:
> > 2533274989165227;3:
> > > 2535452997078700;2:
> > > 1 - Yeah…Halo 4 Cortana is WAY better looking, more “cute” than whatever the hell she is now xD (at least she has clothes now)
> > >
> > > 2 - I like the Mass Effect Theory, would be pretty cool to fight a long side brutes
> > >
> > > 3 - Have you seen the legendary ending? Cortana has a -Yoink!- Halo at her disposal…
> >
> >
> > Ahh…really I forgot about that. That means she can active it whenever she want. And actually I wouldn’t be suprised if she do, but I don’t know how affect to the story. On the other hand until she listening Chief and want to keep him save there shouldn’t be a big problem.
>
>
> No idea what she’s going to do with it, that ending is creepy as hell though with her humming xD

And she “singing” the song that you hear in the prologue, where Halsey go to her lab. Creepy indeed.
By the way I would like to know what lead Cortana to hate Halsey and call her a monster.

> 2535435166399524;6:
> I have two theories and this is why I love games with halo 5s story and ending cause it makes me think and come up with theories.
> First theory is that there are two cortanas
> At the end of halo 4 we see cortana speaking to chief before walking away and vanishing.
> She mentions that pieces of herself were down there on the ship which we find out in this game the didacts ship went into slip space before chief activated the nuke. I also couldn’t help but notice after re watching halo 4s ending that cortana may have cured herself of her rampancy when she split herself apart. The pieces that she split apart from could have remained rampant and those rampant pieces of her could have been the ones that were ported to genesis and connected to the domain. Once connected to the domain she cured her rampancy, gained a body, and since split from her original body retain an opposite personality from the other cortana. Which would mean that the naked cortana who gined a body at the end of halo 4 is hidden somewhere and is the good one. While this clothed hideous cortana is the one we see now.
> Second theory
> After the events of halo 4 the didact since he was immune to his composer got slip spaced to a halo array where he formed an agreement with the monitor and the monitor teleported a ring which the didact then planned on using to compose all of earth. Chief after halo 4 regrouped with blue team and went to the ring the didact was on which they found a dead spartan team. Long story short the monitor betrayed the didact and it and blue team composed the didact turning him into a digital essence.
> My theory is that after getting turned into a digital essence he somehow entered the domain and when cortana connected to it he merged with her. While cortana was speaking in halo 5 , the way she talked about things sounded very similar to way the didact talked about things such as the mantle, and other species. His past show that he believed that the forerunners were the caretakers of the universe and keepers of the mantle of responsibility and with him now being a digital essence or ai it he’s no longer a forerunner and it would make sense that he would try to go for ai dominance. This could also fit in with the two cortona theory as he could have fused with the pieces of cortana that got slip spaced to genesis.

To be honest I like both idea and both could be possible. Would be very interesting and explain what I said in the previous comment. (the hate of Halsey) Thank you for sharing!

I have a theory. This was all a dream Chief had while waiting for the Infinity to pick him up after he dealt with the Didact on that intense QTE.

[deleted]

Wow, some very cool theories here. I kinda like the Mass Effect one, the idea of every species uniting to defeat Cortana of all people is very interesting.
I was getting a very Mass Effect vibe from a lot of the campaign. I’m definitely not calling it a rip off (I hate it when people do that), but I could see the influences. Sanghelios reminded me of Tuchanka, Cortana has a Mass Effecty costume now, and the Guardians had a bit of a Reaper thing going on. It’s like my two favorite sci fi franchises had a baby.

[deleted]