Theory about Cortana: Fragment?

I somehow did research, and come up with my own theory about Cortana

What IF Cortana is a fragment?

Here’s how I come up with that theory: I found this on Wikipedia “Halsey explaining that Cortana has recovered from Rampancy and attained meta-stability” key word METASTABILITY. We heard that word before, in Red vs. Blue, Sigma once asked the counselor about the Metastability, an AI wanting to become human. Sigma is a fragment from Alpha but have to use RAMPANCY to split its emotions to create those fragments. She somehow show similar behavior as Sigma in Halo 5, she’s ambitious about using the Domain and what it can do. Then she want to create peace, having all Ai’s to join her. She said on the final mission “when you are gone, we will take that which remains, and we will remake it in our own image” That’s creativity, Sigma’s representation. She survived by falling through slipspace, and likens the Domain to the “Water Of Life for AI’s” The Created are it’s Masters. Her attaining Metastability go her to have other AIs to join her, and possibly re-create a new life under their image.

One issue with this theory OP, red vs. blue isn’t cannon.

> 2533274827767375;2:
> One issue with this theory OP, red vs. blue isn’t cannon.

As much as some of the fans would like to think it is…Tissue paper MJLONIR anyone?
THAT SAID AI fragments ARE a thing. Cortana made one of herself during Operation: First Strike (which IS canon) and used several of her rampant ones to destroy the shield around the Didact and Composer in the last level of Halo 4, and we see several of them lock down the Didact via hard light so Chief can finish him off and detonate the HAVOK. So its possible and even probable, but NOT from the Red Vs. Blue perspective of it.

> 2535420887004861;1:
> I somehow did research, and come up with my own theory about Cortana
>
> What IF Cortana is a fragment?
>
> Here’s how I come up with that theory: I found this on Wikipedia “Halsey explaining that Cortana has recovered from Rampancy and attained meta-stability” key word METASTABILITY. We heard that word before, in Red vs. Blue, Sigma once asked the counselor about the Metastability, an AI wanting to become human. Sigma is a fragment from Alpha but have to use RAMPANCY to split its emotions to create those fragments. She somehow show similar behavior as Sigma in Halo 5, she’s ambitious about using the Domain and what it can do. Then she want to create peace, having all Ai’s to join her. She said on the final mission “when you are gone, we will take that which remains, and we will remake it in our own image” That’s creativity, Sigma’s representation. She survived by falling through slipspace, and likens the Domain to the “Water Of Life for AI’s” The Created are it’s Masters. Her attaining Metastability go her to have other AIs to join her, and possibly re-create a new life under their image.

Honestly your opinion of metastability is backwards my friend. The base concept indicates a constant growth as proof of ocurrance. It woulld imply cortana is now a cosmic scale life and has a curiosity within that to develop human interactive systems as being that seems more like good ol Cortana.

We were told Cortana’s core matrix is what made it in the Domain, so what we see being a fragment seems unlikely based on what we know.

Well at domain setting there would be many fragment parts so… thinking… We are dealing with Cortana a master of condensate transition… Yeah she can do both. Be a fragment and cosmic scale based condensed fragment part making life scale life products. Like Cortana on a microchip.

What if you stick that in someone’s brain?

> 2533274817669409;6:
> Well at domain setting there would be many fragment parts so… thinking… We are dealing with Cortana a master of condensate transition… Yeah she can do both. Be a fragment and cosmic scale based condensed fragment part making life scale life products. Like Cortana on a microchip.
> …
> What if you stick that in someone’s brain?

Either she’d gain instant control of the subject or the sheer amount of data in the chip would overload it and cause a cerebral hemmorage and instant death.

> 2533274812652989;5:
> We were told Cortana’s core matrix is what made it in the Domain, so what we see being a fragment seems unlikely based on what we know.

Think about this though: Cortana wasn’t exactly in one piece when she was pulled into slipspace. She had copies of herself crawling through the Didact’s computers. So if all those copies were pulled in at once, then how can we guarantee the one we’ve known since Halo: CE is the one that made it out on top? Cortana’s rampancy did show itself as a split personality, so it’s still possible that this personality is all that’s left of Cortana.

First off: I really appreciate you all replying to my topic. I would like for all of us bring out any opinion on what might causing Cortana to be this way.