Theories! And spoilers! Spoilers hard.

Okay, so I’ve got theories.
At the end cortana says only the Created are the masters.

So “the Created” could be two things to me. Promethains are “created” by being composed and the leader of them is the didact. Now I know she fought him before, but that was before she obtained over a 100,000 years of knowledge and she was protecting the chief

Or, OR! The “Created”. The mantle was created by the precursors. She entered the domain and learned what the forerunners did to the precursors and she’s pissed and unleashin the precursors, or the flood.

I know, two almost opposites. But that’s what’s running through my head. What about you guys?

The Mantle belongs to all those who are Created. The Master Chief wasn’t born. He was created, like all Spartans. Hence why the Librarian says the Mantle belongs to the Chief.

I thought it belonged to him because of his imprint that the librarian gave him, of bornstellar. I see how Spartans are created, but, they also are just born too.

I may have missed something, but I’m pretty sure from some of Cortana’s and the Warden’s dialog “the created” refers to AIs being the ones who are to inherit the mantle. I think it was even the Warden who said something along the lines of “humans are not the ones to inherit the mantle, they are simple the ones who created the inheritors of the mantle.” That’s also why Cortana is recruiting all of the other AIs to enforce peace in the galaxy by using the guardians, which is her twisted sense of the mantle of responsibility.

> 2533274856096410;4:
> I may have missed something, but I’m pretty sure from some of Cortana’s and the Warden’s dialog “the created” refers to AIs being the ones who are to inherit the mantle. I think it was even the Warden who said something along the lines of “humans are not the ones to inherit the mantle, they are simple the ones who created the inheritors of the mantle.” That’s also why Cortana is recruiting all of the other AIs to enforce peace in the galaxy by using the guardians, which is her twisted sense of the mantle of responsibility.

That would make a whole lot of sence. I don’t think. She “cured” herself either. She’s friggin just as crazy as mendicant bias was, she’s reminding me of him a little