Thel Vadam and his role in future Halo games.

I know that Thel is helping the Sangheili rebuild and is also in talks with leaders of humanity to work out a peace treaty. I would really love to play as Thel again in a co-op campaign like Halo 3.

My question and means for discussion is would you like to see him make a return in future Halo games?

Bump Thel is a bad -Yoink- like that!

It would be a nice plot twist if 343 brought him into the fray in Spartan Ops.

Of course, I care more about Thel than I do John. :stuck_out_tongue:

as a playable character? no.
as a main character in future stories? no.
in short story related cameo type appearances. yes.

Its already been confirmed that thel will make a future appearance in one of the next halo’s wether its halo 5 or halo 6.

He was always an interesting character and even though he is dealing with issues with Sanghelios, like Hood is with the insurrection, I still think we will have the chance to see him again.

It wouldn’t be bad to play as him in the campaign. Halo is more then just 117 and humanities issues. Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.

I love his character in the Halo Franchise even though he makes little apperances in the novels, I can’t wait to see him in the future.

Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.

> Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.

See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”

Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.

I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.

> Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.
>
>
>
> > Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.
>
> See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”
>
> Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.
>
> I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.

You, human, are a racist!

> Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.
>
>
>
> > Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.
>
> See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”
>
> Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.
>
> I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.

Do you even know what a Xenomorph is? Take a look at Aliens, THOSE are Xenomorphs. Sanghelli are nowhere near Xenomorphs.

/facepalm at some peoples logic on these forums.

> > Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.
> >
> > See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”
> >
> > Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.
> >
> > I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.
>
> Do you even know what a Xenomorph is? Take a look at Aliens, THOSE are Xenomorphs. Sanghelli are nowhere near Xenomorphs.
>
> /facepalm at some peoples logic on these forums.

That reminds me… I have yet to pre-order Aliens: Colonial Marines. His funny logic was funny.

Loved playing as the arbiter in H2. Loved using his Active camo and the 2 boss battles he does. I wouldn’t mind playing as him again like H2, but i would prefer him be player 2 in coop or be an npc ally like sgt johnson. I very much enjoy fighting elites though especially in H4 legendary. Perhaps they will bring the elite civil war in to spartan ops or H5.

Yes!

He is my favorite character and I really want to see him in the future games.
And hopefully he will have a big part in the story, like in the previous games. :slight_smile:

> > Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.
> >
> > See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”
> >
> > Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.
> >
> > I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.
>
> You, human, are a racist!

You humans are all racists!!!

> > > Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.
> > >
> > > See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”
> > >
> > > Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.
> > >
> > > I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.
> >
> > You, human, are a racist!
>
> You humans are all racists!!!

Someone gets it at least. I was wondering when someone would say that. I was honestly expecting a link to a video with that turian saying it.

he will have to be in later halos. Seeing how theyve started to incorporate karen traviss’ novels into the spartan ops (Jul’Madama ect.) who is the leader of ‘The Storm’ a splinter group of Telcam’s force (opposing Thel in the sangelihios civil war) When the third book drops, halo 4 will make sense. we shall see.

> > > > Is it too much to hope that he shows up as a corpse? I still fully support the “shoot Elites on sight” policy.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Thats what I really loved about Halo 2’s campaign, I saw 2 perspective of the same story. It was so interesting to see the Arbiter go through all he did throughout Halo 2 to realize utterly that his beliefs in the prophets were wrong and they have been lying to them for a very long time.
> > > >
> > > > See that’s funny because that was one of my biggest complaints with Halo 2. I hated the Arbiter. I kept thinking, “Why am I playing as a xeno? Why am I playing as a xeno? I don’t care about this character because he’s an alien. I will never care about this character because he’s an alien. His race as well as the rest of the Covies deserve nothing less than extinction…so why am I playing as a xeno?”
> > > >
> > > > Yeah, not too fond of having focus shift from the Master Chief. Glad that further Halo games didn’t make that mistake.
> > > >
> > > > I wouldn’t have had as much of a problem if the Arbiter’s campaign was seperate, much like how Resident Evil 4 had the main story as well as Ada’s own story that took place around the same time and occasionally overlapped with the main story.
> > >
> > > You, human, are a racist!
> >
> > You humans are all racists!!!
>
> Someone gets it at least. I was wondering when someone would say that. I was honestly expecting a link to a video with that turian saying it.

Fix’d

I would love to see the Arbiters return…however I dont believe we will ever play as him again. Thel’s status is now more of a politician then warrior these days, in fact im in favor of the title of “Arbiter” being handed off to either an ally of Thel’s or taken by one of his enemies via assassination.

I want the Sangheili to pose a serious threat under their own command…Jul 'Mdama for Arbiter! (and recurring villian for a good long while)

> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Do you even know what a Xenomorph is? Take a look at Aliens, THOSE are Xenomorphs. Sanghelli are nowhere near Xenomorphs.
>
> /facepalm at some peoples logic on these forums.

Xeno means “alien”, well, one of it’s meanings. Though, it’s not supposed to be used on it’s own…

> Yeah he was awesome. Maybe he will show up in spartan ops, you never know.

So much this.