Their setting up something nice with this story...

Just finished my run through the campaign and I have to say the story element was better than what I expected. Had a lot of call-backs from extended fiction, previous titles and even Halsey had a picture in remembrance of her daughter, Miranda Keyes, in the opening cinematic. I understand not everyone follows every facet of the extended fiction and that’s understandable, but for this campaign it wouldn’t hurt to get the summary on some things because what’s going on might seem just bat-[yoink] out of place. Too everyone though, what were your thoughts on the later missions and total conclusion of the game and what speculations do you have for the next title?

In my honest opinion, and do correct me if i’m wrong, this does seem to be the beginning of humanity’s tests to reclaim the mantle. Right now it clearly isn’t in the correct hands with the AI at the helm and to top it all off the biggest threat hasn’t come back for its denouement, that being the flood. Don’t know how humanity could believably take on both of these threats at once but I damn sure wouldn’t mind sorting it out with battle rifle and rocket launcher in hand. For those that just enjoy gameplay for what it is and don’t really take in the story too much, stay patient… it’s fixing to get kind of interesting on the field of battle.