Theater to Computer

Hello everyone, so months ago I’ve seen posts on failed attempts of trying to put a saved theater match to a file that is watchable on the computer. I have tried recently by saving a Regicide match to my USB, and tried playing it through a variety if media players on a laptop, each one saying that the file cannot be watched, had anyone found a way for me to be able to watch my saved videos on a computer using only my USB? Anyone and everyone may answer, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

The saved theater file is only in a format that Halo 4 recognises. It’s just a bunch of info about where people are pointing their guns at and when they shoot and so on. It needs to be watched using the game which then turns this info into images we can see on the screen. Basically it’s not a video file at all, which is why no media player out there will recognise it - it’s a Halo 4 game data file.

The only way to capture a video of it to a PC at the moment is to purchase a game capture device and record the Xbox output when viewiing the film in-game.

> Basically it’s not a video file at all, which is why no media player out there will recognise it - it’s a Halo 4 game data file.

This. When you watch a match video in Theater, OP, you aren’t watching a video; the game is actually taking the match and making it happen again.

To my knowledge, there are no plans to implement a film rendering service similar to the one Bungie built for Halo 3 and Reach. As A Blues fan said, you’ll have to use a capture card. (There are people who may be willing to do this for you for free. This and this seem like good places to try.)

> > Basically it’s not a video file at all, which is why no media player out there will recognise it - it’s a Halo 4 game data file.
>
> This. When you watch a match video in Theater, OP, you aren’t watching a video; the game is actually taking the match and making it happen again.

Yeah, saving your saved films to a USB drive and then using a ton of media programs doesn’t really work if you don’t understand how the file you’re trying to “watch” work. You should of did a google search and/or asked about this before trying every media program, it would’ve saved you the heartache.