Theater Mode...WHAT theater mode?

How could 343 possibly screw this up? I mean, Reach was AMAZING in the way it handled theater. It would save up to 25 of your previous games for you to look through at your leisure, just in case you had hours of playing with friends and what not. What does 343 do?

“Let’s just save the last game they played! They won’t mind.”

REALLY? I can’t believe this hasn’t been touched on. In some cases, if there’s lag post game, you’ll be thrust into another game without being able to back out, so that cool killing spree or LMAO moment was just lost.

So, whose idea was it to cripple theater like this? I could see if they shortened it for data purposes but really, only saving the last game? I am disappoint.

Had this happen to me just now. My flag carrier hops down in front of my hog and I pull up beside him, some crazy physics launch him into the air, WAY up there, where he proceeds to get picked off. The game ends, loading screen, BAM, in another game.

Press start in the main menu and go to temporary history - there should be a decently sized list of saved filmes from games you’ve recently played.

Yeah, you can access plenty of temp. history games.

What I want to know is why they stopped theater for campaign and spartan ops… Fails of the Weak will suffer :frowning:

And is it REALLY that GODD**N HARD TO HAVE A PROPER REWIND AND A FASTER FORWARD

WHY CANT LEFT TRIGGER REWIND LIKE ANY NORMAL VIDEO PLAYER WOULD DO

> WHY CANT LEFT TRIGGER REWIND LIKE ANY NORMAL VIDEO PLAYER WOULD DO

I thought this was a no brainer.

Didn’t Reach have this issue too? If so, figure changed it by now.

> > WHY CANT LEFT TRIGGER REWIND LIKE ANY NORMAL VIDEO PLAYER WOULD DO
>
> I thought this was a no brainer.
>
> Didn’t Reach have this issue too? If so, figure changed it by now.

I know, right? It seems like such an obvious thing to do.

343 messed up big time.

> Press start in the main menu and go to temporary history - there should be a decently sized list of saved filmes from games you’ve recently played.

I see no temporary history. Only Career, Customize, and Setting and Files. I’d assume its under settings and files. Audio and Video? Nope. Controller/Network, NOPE.

JESUS. Took forever. Why add all this -Yoink-? Its a blue background and the Filter Local file text is a pale blue so it blends right in. The interface for this is atrocious. Reach was nice and simple. Go to theater, scroll down to what you want, BAM. Simple.

Thanks for the help. Way to many subfolders, though.

Some simple searching would end this thread. People simply need to search for their answers but here is 343i’s response:

> “Theater Mode in Campaign did not make the cut for launch for various reasons of scheduling, rendering issues and some significant engine changes,” she added. “However, we are treating Title Updates very differently for Halo 4 and rather than simply using them as opportunities for simple big fixes, we are thinking of them as a way to sustain and grow features and options, so it is possible you could see Saved Films made available for Campaign (as well as some other significant features) at some time in the not-too-distant future, but that’s yet to be determined.”