Theater Mode Not Working

So I’ve had this issue for a while, assuming it’d be fixed but it still isn’t. When I try to open up previous films from custom games to watch, I get a File invalid type message, and I can’t watch or view that film at all. With that, during films I can watch, it’ll get to points where it will just stop and boot me out of the film, and this will also happen at times when I’m trying to use the tools that come with theater like rewind or recording clips. Can anybody help me with this, or can anybody fix this?

Yeah, theater is a nightmare …

Quick question: are you on 360 or Xbox One, because I was under the impression that these issues were largely related to backward compatibility.

If you’re on Xbox One, and on the rare occasions you do get the film to work, be sure to use the Xbox DVR to capture clips and screenshots and not the in-game recording features. They’re jacked. THIS IS WHAT A SCREENSHOT TAKEN WITH REACH’S SCREENSHOT FEATURE LOOKS LIKE once you try to upload it, at least on Xbox One. Also, the fileshare doesn’t work.

I know you can take pictures on the 360, you just can’t share them. What you’ll need to do is ask someone who has the game on Xbox One (like me) to look you up in the fileshare, find your pictures, capture them on the Xbox One, upload them to Xbox LIVE, then share them with you (probably here on Waypoint via PM). Same with the film clips if you can’t upload them.

But if you’re on Xbox One, you won’t have to worry about that.

… of course, if we can’t get the films to work in the first place, we’re kinda screwed, aren’t we?

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Yeah, theater is a nightmare …
>
> Quick question: are you on 360 or Xbox One, because I was under the impression that these issues were largely related to backward compatibility.
>
> If you’re on Xbox One, and on the rare occasions you do get the film to work, be sure to use the Xbox DVR to capture clips and screenshots and not the in-game recording features. They’re jacked. THIS IS WHAT A SCREENSHOT TAKEN WITH REACH’S SCREENSHOT FEATURE LOOKS LIKE once you try to upload it, at least on Xbox One. Also, the fileshare doesn’t work.
>
> I know you can take pictures on the 360, you just can’t share them. What you’ll need to do is ask someone who has the game on Xbox One (like me) to look you up in the fileshare, find your pictures, capture them on the Xbox One, upload them to Xbox LIVE, then share them with you (probably here on Waypoint via PM). Same with the film clips if you can’t upload them.
>
> But if you’re on Xbox One, you won’t have to worry about that.
>
> … of course, if we can’t get the films to work in the first place, we’re kinda screwed, aren’t we?

Yeah, Xbox One. Hopefully they find a way to fix this soon, since I’d like to get back into theater. One out of like every 20 films works for me, and even then only for a short time.

> 2533274865348961;3:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > Yeah, theater is a nightmare …
> >
> > Quick question: are you on 360 or Xbox One, because I was under the impression that these issues were largely related to backward compatibility.
> >
> > If you’re on Xbox One, and on the rare occasions you do get the film to work, be sure to use the Xbox DVR to capture clips and screenshots and not the in-game recording features. They’re jacked. THIS IS WHAT A SCREENSHOT TAKEN WITH REACH’S SCREENSHOT FEATURE LOOKS LIKE once you try to upload it, at least on Xbox One. Also, the fileshare doesn’t work.
> >
> > I know you can take pictures on the 360, you just can’t share them. What you’ll need to do is ask someone who has the game on Xbox One (like me) to look you up in the fileshare, find your pictures, capture them on the Xbox One, upload them to Xbox LIVE, then share them with you (probably here on Waypoint via PM). Same with the film clips if you can’t upload them.
> >
> > But if you’re on Xbox One, you won’t have to worry about that.
> >
> > … of course, if we can’t get the films to work in the first place, we’re kinda screwed, aren’t we?
>
> Yeah, Xbox One. Hopefully they find a way to fix this soon, since I’d like to get back into theater. One out of like every 20 films works for me, and even then only for a short time.

It makes me wish I kept my 360. Then you could record the clips on there, save them to your fileshare, then fire up the Xbox One, launch Reach on there and DVR your clip to Xbox LIVE.
… or instead of that convoluted nonsense, maybe 343 or the backward compatibility team at Xbox could, you know, just fix it. I mean, this game is for sale. People are paying money for this and there is no disclaimer saying “some old features are jacked as hell” … at least I don’t think there is.

There has been good news: Theater has been fixed! I can start films now instead of “failed to load content”. I think the latest update must’ve actually fixed it.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks