Theater mode is incredibly bad

I just don’t know how else to say it. I’m not the most veteran of Halo players, the only other one I played at length was Halo Reach, but one of my favorite things to do in that game was go back to my previous games and make recordings and take screenshots. I still have screenshots saved from those days because they still look great!

The theater mode in this is… not that. It’s not even worth using. The first person animations are jittery, regardless of who you’re spectating it just plays AI sounds and announcer sounds from the perspective of random players, half of whom aren’t even on your team, and most of the time it doesn’t even look like you had your crosshair on an enemy when you kill them. That’s never mind the fundamental control issues, at least on PC. I don’t know how it works on console but the skip and fast forward functions are too fast or skip too far to be useful for capturing precise moments.

I get that a lot of people are actively recording the game and can capture the last bit of gameplay but A. The Xbox game bar and nvidia overlay do not play nice together (not sure about AMD or other recording software), so you have to disable one or the other to use the live recording features of either, and B. If you want to record anything of real length or using any sort of interesting camera angles, you’re SOL.

The theater mode is so important for the community and it’s an absolute shame that it runs so poorly and lacks basic functionality.

7 Likes

I’m in total agreement with you. The theater mode is pathetically broken in infinite. Halo 3 was almost perfect by comparison it was simple and easy to use and the camera was better. In 2022 there is zero excuse for this.

4 Likes

If this isn’t an accurately polite reflection of the majority of issues Players have with multiplayer itself I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Shocking, just like everything else in this game

2 Likes

343’s still trying to differentiate themselves from Bungie after all these years bruh

It’s like that meme, “I’m not like other girls. I’m worse.”

1 Like