Theater Mode in Halo 4

Does theater mode support multi-party viewing like it did in Halo 3 or is it like reach still?

Only one person can watch films in Theater.

> Does theater mode support multi-party viewing like it did in Halo 3 or is it like reach still?

Just like Reach.

[deleted]

its only for Multiplayer now, no campaign vids, not sure about all viewing though

Three words:

Just Like Reach

> Three words:
>
> Just Like Reach

throws laptop

I’m disappointed in that, but I guess the demand wasn’t high enough to try to make that option work.

Does anyone know why 343i didn’t put that feature back in?

> > Three words:
> >
> > Just Like Reach
>
> throws laptop

This is something that THE WHOLE COMMUNITY can get behind.

I love uniting :slight_smile:

It’s even worse than Reach’s Theater mode. There’s no Campaign or Spartan Ops support.

I don’t understand why the first iteration of Theater mode is still the best. You’d think that the technology behind it would improve over time.

> > Three words:
> >
> > Just Like Reach
>
> throws laptop

Im in tears from laughing hysterically.

> > > Three words:
> > >
> > > Just Like Reach
> >
> > throws laptop
>
> This is something that THE WHOLE COMMUNITY can get behind.
>
>
> I love uniting :slight_smile:

LMFAO.

Unfortunately, it’s just like Reach’s.

The theater is pointless to me without being able to watch a video with a friend. That was the whole point.

> It’s even worse than Reach’s Theater mode. There’s no Campaign or Spartan Ops support.
>
> I don’t understand why the first iteration of Theater mode is still the best. You’d think that the technology behind it would improve over time.

no spartan OPS? well there goes all the machinima potential this game had

> > > > Three words:
> > > >
> > > > Just Like Reach
> > >
> > > throws laptop
> >
> > This is something that THE WHOLE COMMUNITY can get behind.
> >
> >
> > I love uniting :slight_smile:
>
> LMFAO.

I was being serious. Ok, you could almost get around it in Reach by putting everyone into party chat and doing a countdown before starting a video, but it was so much simpler in H3. You could also have one person in full control if they wanted to show some small detail or really anything in particular. It was just so much better in H3 and I think we there’s a collective “WTF” going on that has been echoing since Reach theater throughout the whole community.

I hope they decide to fix this eventually, unfortunately I don’t think they will since they haven’t yet. Very sad considering I loved this very feature about Halo 3 and my friends and I had good times sharing videos in theater. I feel like they did this in order to encourage file sharing more since that system wasn’t really always in the open. Not many people used it to my knowledge besides for pictures and they may have saw that as a waste of infrastructure.

> > Does theater mode support multi-party viewing like it did in Halo 3 or is it like reach still?
>
> Just like Reach.

Did you forget it was downgraded from Reach’s downgrade?

> > > Does theater mode support multi-party viewing like it did in Halo 3 or is it like reach still?
> >
> > Just like Reach.
>
> Did you forget it was downgraded from Reach’s downgrade?

Rofl