The zoom armor mod......

…must be only in spartan ops, not in multiplayer.
If you can’t be shot out the zoom snipers wil be very overpowered.

I’m not complaining if its only works for primary’s and pistols.

What do you think?

When you pick up an Overshield in Reach, that 5 seconds of invincibility also makes it where if you get shot at when zoomed in, you don’t zoom out. I’ve gotten so many easy sniper kills because of that. This makes me worried about Stability.

> …must be only in spartan ops, not in multiplayer.
> If you can’t be shot out the zoom snipers wil be very overpowered.
>
> I’m not complaining if its only works for primary’s and pistols.
>
> What do you think?

it could be that it only effects weapons like the DMR (non-powerweapons)

I’m all for it. Can’t wait to get my hands on this mod

Can’t wait to use it, have to get max rank first though =( I’m going to destroy everyone! Muahahahahaha!

wow i thought this was only a rumor…

guess 343i really wants to make this game as easy as possible

It would be an issue on all precision weapons. But it impacts the sniper greatly due to people staying back with the sniper where as most people i know imcluding me have gotten used to hardly ever scoping in with the DMR. It does make me a tad un easy. one of the few TP’s that i can agree with being “OP”

It probably won’t be as good as you think. If someone at close range doesn’t knock you out of zoom automatically they have the upper hand.

I have heard you don’t get knocked out of zoom at all, instead you flinch when taking fire. This armor mod would then only have you flinch less.

> It probably won’t be as good as you think. If someone at close range doesn’t knock you out of zoom automatically they have the upper hand.

Exactly this. If you’re zoomed in and someone comes on you close range you’re screwed. You don’t get knocked out of scope so you’re turning slower and the time it takes to manually unscope and turn to face him is all they need to pretty much guarantee the kill.

> I have heard you don’t get knocked out of zoom at all, instead you flinch when taking fire. This armor mod would then only have you flinch less.

I heard the above was the case? Are we wrong or? Even the perk description says it reduces recoil taken from fire so I thought we stay scoped no matter what.

EDIT: can someone PM the exact info if they know 100% for sure. Preferably with a video link

> > I have heard you don’t get knocked out of zoom at all, instead you flinch when taking fire. This armor mod would then only have you flinch less.
>
> I heard the above was the case? Are we wrong or? Even the perk description says it reduces recoil taken from fire so I thought we stay scoped no matter what

What the other guy read was terrible misinformation by IGNorant. It just keeps you scoped in when shot, which is pretty useful, but also easily counter able. For most cases, any good player could strafe a guy who was trying to shoot him scoped in. It’s a lot harder to hit a moving target, and even worse if he’s strafing close to you.

For the Sniper, I think it’s fine. Whoever is bad with the Sniper will still be bad. The Armour Mod will only help the inevitable shot of a good Sniper.

This mod will be part of the cookie-cutter competitive build, and is really the only one I see myself using.

> > > I have heard you don’t get knocked out of zoom at all, instead you flinch when taking fire. This armor mod would then only have you flinch less.
> >
> > I heard the above was the case? Are we wrong or? Even the perk description says it reduces recoil taken from fire so I thought we stay scoped no matter what
>
> What the other guy read was terrible misinformation by IGNorant. It just keeps you scoped in when shot, which is pretty useful, but also easily counter able. For most cases, any good player could strafe a guy who was trying to shoot him scoped in. It’s a lot harder to hit a moving target, and even worse if he’s strafing close to you.
>
> For the Sniper, I think it’s fine. Whoever is bad with the Sniper will still be bad. The Armour Mod will only help the inevitable shot of a good Sniper.

Ok thanks. Wow that will be somewhat annoying in my opinion. I liked the idea of removing the recoil from other people shooting but yeah, fair enough. Plus cuz its a spec it’ll take forever to unlock

Its not a stay in zoom armor mod its a stability armor mod it steadies your reticle when being shot at. Stay informed people.

> Its not a stay in zoom armor mod its a stability armor mod it steadies your reticle when being shot at. Stay informed people.

Ok now I’m confused. Can some one post a link to a video of someone without the perk being Unscoped? It would clear up ALL this confusion

I’m all for it. Not everyone’s going to pick Stability, simply because if you do, you will miss out on another armor mod. And vice versa.

> > Its not a stay in zoom armor mod its a stability armor mod it steadies your reticle when being shot at. Stay informed people.
>
> Ok now I’m confused. Can some one post a link to a video of someone without the perk being Unscoped? It would clear up ALL this confusion

Give me a sec, I’ll edit this post.

EDIT: Ugh I’m still looking, but the official statement is: “The Stability armor mod allows users to increase their aiming stability when being fired upon.”

David Ellis said on Neogaf that it just didn’t scope you out. I’ll try extra hard to find his post.

EDIT #2: Found this, but not the actual post.

“Rogue - Stability Armour Mod - We’ve heard about this one already, it allows you to stay zoomed in even when taking fire from enemies. David Ellis has confirmed on NeoGaf that IGN made a mistake when they said it improves your general accuracy, it does not.”

LINK TO SITE

Hope that helped.

i also was worried about this specialization, if you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIOOgFUwZfA the player is using the armor mod, i dont have time to watch it but if you see any OP type gameplay when he is zoomed in it may add to the discussion

> > > Its not a stay in zoom armor mod its a stability armor mod it steadies your reticle when being shot at. Stay informed people.
> >
> > Ok now I’m confused. Can some one post a link to a video of someone without the perk being Unscoped? It would clear up ALL this confusion
>
> Give me a sec, I’ll edit this post.
>
> EDIT: Ugh I’m still looking, but the official statement is: “The Stability armor mod allows users to increase their aiming stability when being fired upon.”
>
> David Ellis said on Neogaf that it just didn’t scope you out. I’ll try extra hard to find his post.

Thank you! PM me if you find it