The Y-Y combo with Sniper

Any news on the Y-Y button combo used to speed up reloading the sniper after firing all 4 shots coming back? I personally like it, it adds a bit of interesting skill development in my opinion

It’s pretty much an abused glitch that reduces any offsets that a weapon should have.

Pressing Y twice on the reload adds skill?..

Not sure if it’s coming back…first time I’ve seen anyone talk about this actually.

It’s an exploit just like bxr in halo 2. They probably fixed it.

> Pressing Y twice on the reload adds skill?..
>
> Not sure if it’s coming back…first time I’ve seen anyone talk about this actually.

skill was probably the wrong word to use. haha, how about it adds a certain dynamic to the sniper that i find to be interesting. definitely not something i care a whole lot about though.

Reload canceling reduces weapon balance by reducing the longer reloads of stronger weapons. It should be removed for Halo 4.

> Pressing Y twice on the reload adds skill?..
>
> Not sure if it’s coming back…first time I’ve seen anyone talk about this actually.

Heck yeah, it’s almost as skillful as BXR!!

> It’s pretty much an abused glitch that reduces any offsets that a weapon should have.

You just hate any sort of depth, don’t you?

> It’s pretty much an abused glitch that reduces any offsets that a weapon should have.

A glitch that hasn’t been patched for nearly eleven years?

I don’t think so.

OMG.

You are always against the good competitive things aren’t you?

Double Y glich added some more skill gap to the game, i wouldn’t mind for it to return.

Unfortunately, that’s a common glich and it’s probably going to be fixed.

> > It’s pretty much an abused glitch that reduces any offsets that a weapon should have.
>
> OMG.
>
> You are always against the good competitive things aren’t you?
>
> Double Y glich added some more skill gap to the game, i wouldn’t mind for it to return.
>
> Unfortunately, that’s a common glich and it’s probably going to be fixed.

Uh, no? It eliminates an offset that weapons should have and can take away critical elements that players should be thinking about when in combat and even out of combat.

Not only that but it doesn’t make sense. You empty a weapon of its remaining bullets and magically regain them by shaking your weapon.

These forums hate anything that has to deal with skill…

> > > It’s pretty much an abused glitch that reduces any offsets that a weapon should have.
> >
> > OMG.
> >
> > You are always against the good competitive things aren’t you?
> >
> > Double Y glich added some more skill gap to the game, i wouldn’t mind for it to return.
> >
> > Unfortunately, that’s a common glich and it’s probably going to be fixed.
>
> Uh, no? It eliminates an offset that weapons should have and can take away critical elements that players should be thinking about when in combat and even out of combat.
>
> Not only that but it doesn’t make sense. You empty a weapon of its remaining bullets and magically regain them by shaking your weapon.

Let’s not forget we’ve been pulling ammo out of our -Yoink- for eleven years.

> These forums hate anything that has to deal with skill…

Once again evidence that you can say whatever you want so long as you use the word skill.

I can do it too. Knowing weapon reloading times and the right time to reload takes skill!

> These forums hate anything that has to deal with skill…

Glitch = / = Skill

> > These forums hate anything that has to deal with skill…
>
> Glitch = / = Skill

The point is that this “glitch” is only really found if you have been playing a while. When they say it takes “skill” what they are trying to say is it likely takes time with the series to know it. Kind of a boys club within the game, which gives a small bonus to the concerned or long time players of which are a small group.

If its been there for 11 years I dont see any issue.

> > > These forums hate anything that has to deal with skill…
> >
> > Glitch = / = Skill
>
> The point is that this “glitch” is only really found if you have been playing a while. When they say it takes “skill” what they are trying to say is it likely takes time with the series to know it. Kind of a boys club within the game, which gives a small bonus to the concerned or long time players of which are a small group.
>
> If its been there for 11 years I dont see any issue.

I see no problem with it. It’s not a game breaker, everyone can do it, and knows it already.

Modern Warfare 3 is the only game I know of that has actually fixed this ‘glitch’.

If it really was a glitch, it would have been fixed in every single FPS out there, along with Halo.

> > > These forums hate anything that has to deal with skill…
> >
> > Glitch = / = Skill
>
> The point is that this “glitch” is only really found if you have been playing a while. When they say it takes “skill” what they are trying to say is it likely takes time with the series to know it. Kind of a boys club within the game, which gives a small bonus to the concerned or long time players of which are a small group.
>
> If its been there for 11 years I dont see any issue.

It’s not exactly something that takes ages to figure out. Anybody could figure it out just in the campaign. It’s been like that for FPS games for like, 15 years.

LOL @ OP calling exploitable glitches skill factors.