The Wraith plasma bolt is now red

As it title says, the wraith plasma bolt is now red. I’m not complaining, but why change it? Although it does turn blue on impact. What do you guys think of this change?
Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avzt5YkBafM&feature=related Go to 4:25.

Upgrades to the tech and artistic style changes is why it was changed. Plus, this four years since Halo 3 and the in game universe technology inevitably evolves as well.

That’s weird.

Looks cool.

Wraith can barely fit in the map though. Hopefully we have one or two really open maps.

Looks cool. And the Wraith seems to move better now. Like it’s really floating. :slight_smile:

And it doesn’t get damaged and or crushed when hitting a wall at full speed. You can see that after he boosted into that afc guy.

> Upgrades to the tech and artistic style changes is why it was changed. Plus, this four years since Halo 3 and the in game universe technology inevitably evolves as well.

So throughout the war it had a blue bolt and now it’s red all of the sudden after 4 years?

It’s not a big deal, but I have to wonder why blue was just no good anymore.

Seems fine to me.

> > Upgrades to the tech and artistic style changes is why it was changed. Plus, this four years since Halo 3 and the in game universe technology inevitably evolves as well.
>
> So throughout the war it had a blue bolt and now it’s red all of the sudden after 4 years?
>
> It’s not a big deal, but I have to wonder why blue was just no good anymore.

Well in halo wars it fired a red bolt (some sorta over charged version?)
Not saying I completely like it but its not new.

Looks like an awesome combination of a wraith and revenant shot.

> > > Upgrades to the tech and artistic style changes is why it was changed. Plus, this four years since Halo 3 and the in game universe technology inevitably evolves as well.
> >
> > So throughout the war it had a blue bolt and now it’s red all of the sudden after 4 years?
> >
> > It’s not a big deal, but I have to wonder why blue was just no good anymore.
>
> Well in halo wars it fired a red bolt (some sorta over charged version?)
> Not saying I completely like it but its not new.

I remember it as more of a purple. But like I said, it’s not a big deal, I just wonder “Why?”

Looks like another ‘change for the sake of change’ addition. What gets me is how when shot the bolt is red but when it hits the ground it explodes blue?

> > Upgrades to the tech and artistic style changes is why it was changed. Plus, this four years since Halo 3 and the in game universe technology inevitably evolves as well.
>
> So throughout the war it had a blue bolt and now it’s red all of the sudden after 4 years?
>
> It’s not a big deal, but I have to wonder why blue was just no good anymore.

That what’s comes to my mind when explaining the change. I never said anyone had to hate or like it.

What i am more interested in is the Wraiths functionality. Ultimately (and IMO), what it can do is going to be more more important than how it looks like in game. Is it the same as Reach or was the damage/speed/splash damage/durability been changed in Halo 4?

How strange… however I do not see it as a negative. I don’t overly care what color a flaming ball of plasma is when it hits me in the mush.

lol!

Domination seems to be a very red/blue “based” game. Could it be that it’s red because it’s being controlled by a red player?

There were red plasma rifles in halo 2; it makes sense for there to be red wraiths ;).

> > > > Upgrades to the tech and artistic style changes is why it was changed. Plus, this four years since Halo 3 and the in game universe technology inevitably evolves as well.
> > >
> > > So throughout the war it had a blue bolt and now it’s red all of the sudden after 4 years?
> > >
> > > It’s not a big deal, but I have to wonder why blue was just no good anymore.
> >
> > Well in halo wars it fired a red bolt (some sorta over charged version?)
> > Not saying I completely like it but its not new.
>
> I remember it as more of a purple. But like I said, it’s not a big deal, I just wonder “Why?”

Really? you’re going into that much detail? bottom line is that they had two separate colours for firing, i’m not saying that the halo 4 will have to sets of plasma bolts i’m just saying that it exists.

> Domination seems to be a very red/blue “based” game. Could it be that it’s red because it’s being controlled by a red player?
>
> There were red plasma rifles; it makes sense for there to be red wraiths ;).

There are rifle plasma rifles? * immediately goes to re-check vid*

> > Domination seems to be a very red/blue “based” game. Could it be that it’s red because it’s being controlled by a red player?
> >
> > There were red plasma rifles; it makes sense for there to be red wraiths ;).
>
> There are rifle plasma rifles? * immediately goes to re-check vid*

In Halo 2 the Brute Plasma Rifles were red.

> > Domination seems to be a very red/blue “based” game. Could it be that it’s red because it’s being controlled by a red player?
> >
> > There were red plasma rifles; it makes sense for there to be red wraiths ;).
>
> There are red plasma rifles? * immediately goes to re-check vid*

I’m pretty sure he meant in other games.

> >
>
> There are rifle plasma rifles? * immediately goes to re-check vid*

Oh no, in Halo 2. I’ll fix that, could be confusing :stuck_out_tongue: