The worst thing about Halo: Reach's cR system

I think the worst thing about Halo Reach’s cR system is the fact you get less credits for making the other team leave. If you have an extremly good team and you can make the other team leave in 2-3 minutes then you should get MORE points not less.

Just start another game up and look at the last game as bonus credits.

How about looking at the last game as a waste of everyone’s time? This game punishes you for being too good.

This just encourages people to boost.

Well you shouldn’t get more credits for playing the game less.

> Well you shouldn’t get more credits for playing the game less.

It’s a balancing act. Obviously, the faster you finish the game, the more experience you should earn, but you shouldn’t get credits for just playing a shorter game.

I blame the lack of punishment for quitting for your issue. Although there are a lot of things wrong with the Credit system.

> This just encourages people to boost.

Really dude? The credit system itself encourages people to boost.

> I blame the lack of punishment for quitting for your issue. Although there are a lot of things wrong with the Credit system.

> Well you shouldn’t get more credits for playing the game less.

It’s bit late to be making those statements. 343i have pretty much forced people into that with the lack of decent playlists, custom challenges, the commendations sort of got people boosting from day 1.

But the worst thing about the cr limit is when you get to my rank there’s nothing left to buy so it all becomes about a mindless grind, to make me less depressed I pretend the last rank is just another random item aka the infamous skull.

> > This just encourages people to boost.
>
> Really dude? The credit system itself encourages people to boost.

If this were put into place, then you would get people who would search together, party of eights, then as soon as they got in, quit.

Rinse & repeat for massive cR payouts.

Sure, the way it is currently setup is easily boostable, but adding that in makes it even easier.

> > > This just encourages people to boost.
> >
> > Really dude? The credit system itself encourages people to boost.
>
> If this were put into place, then you would get people who would search together, party of eights, then as soon as they got in, quit.
>
> Rinse & repeat for massive cR payouts.
>
> Sure, the way it is currently setup is easily boostable, but adding that in makes it even easier.

Myself and a friend of mine had a few matches similar to this a week or so ago in Big Team Battle, about halfway through the match the other team started quitting out and shortly afterwards the entire team ended up quitting.

We were pretty excited that we had won by attrition, but when we saw the 578 credits we “won” after the match we were pretty disgusted. We’ve noticed the same thing in other playlists, especially in Grifball (when teams score quickly).

We’ve come to realize that 98% of the playlists dont really give out a good amount of credits unless you are playing Firefight Arcade, or prolonging the match by stalling with the bomb in Grifball.

I always enjoy playing SWAT, but the credits you get for winning just doesnt add up to much.

So if you want a good amount of credits, i recommend playing Firefight Arcade, or teaming up with someone and stalling out on Grifball.

> > > > This just encourages people to boost.
> > >
> > > Really dude? The credit system itself encourages people to boost.
> >
> > If this were put into place, then you would get people who would search together, party of eights, then as soon as they got in, quit.
> >
> > Rinse & repeat for massive cR payouts.
> >
> > Sure, the way it is currently setup is easily boostable, but adding that in makes it even easier.
>
> Myself and a friend of mine had a few matches similar to this a week or so ago in Big Team Battle, about halfway through the match the other team started quitting out and shortly afterwards the entire team ended up quitting.
>
> We were pretty excited that we had won by attrition, but when we saw the 578 credits we “won” after the match we were pretty disgusted. We’ve noticed the same thing in other playlists, especially in Grifball (when teams score quickly).
>
> We’ve come to realize that 98% of the playlists dont really give out a good amount of credits unless you are playing Firefight Arcade, or prolonging the match by stalling with the bomb in Grifball.
>
> I always enjoy playing SWAT, but the credits you get for winning just doesnt add up to much.
>
> So if you want a good amount of credits, i recommend playing Firefight Arcade, or teaming up with someone and stalling out on Grifball.

But isn’t it unfortunate that you can’t get a decent payout from a good game of BTB or Invasion or TS?

The fact that you have to play FF Arcade or Griffball to get even a modest payout is what encourages people to boost. I’d rather play BTB\TS and boost on the side than spend all my time sitting on the bomb in Griffball in order to get paid.

The current system motivates people to stall the game to run down the clock and makes FF more preferable than Competitive. What they should have done is increase the payout to victorious players and players who performed well during the game. Motivates people to play consistently and play well.

From my experience you tend to get quite a lot of credits on MLG. Especially for objective games because you get tonnes of kills and medals unless you’re bad.

To be honest, I don’t think there is anything wrong with the credit system apart form the fact that it exists and replaces the Skill and EXP system.

i know this is off but what is the cr cap for one day ?

> i know this is off but what is the cr cap for one day ?

Cap is 200k per 24 hours.

I think you should play the game because it’s fun, not because you’re looking for cR. Enjoy yourself and the rewards will come naturally.

I can pull off a perfect game and get dog–Yoink- when it comes to a credit payout, it really needs to be tweaked…