The weekly challenge Heroic Episode is broken

Heroic Episode will not unlock after it is completed. When I look online at https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/challenges the challenge says:

Heroic Episode

Type: Spartan Ops

Complete all missions in Chapter Id -1 is invalid. on Heroic or higher difficulty

Yeah, doesn’t work for me either. I want that exp! I did all the Spartan Ops on Legendary.

Depending on when you did them the servers going up and down messed them up. Try doing them all again and it should register.

Servers going up & down?? How long has 343 had to get the servers ready for the release of Halo 4? Bad start to a less then stellar game.

> Servers going up & down?? How long has 343 had to get the servers ready for the release of Halo 4? Bad start to a less then stellar game.

You sir have no idea how game deployment works. Even if they had preparation for a million years they would never be able to gauge how much their full customer base will be. And overshooting it is bad business. Adjusting to demands is better, sure its a rough start but it’s better than losses.

this one:

Type: Spartan Ops
Gagarin Legend
Complete Gagarin in Artifact on Legendary difficulty.

is wrong, because its not gagarin on the 5th mission on the 2nd episode. THIS! is the 5th mission on the 1st episode, the core.

i did it yesterday with friends and we didnt get the challange. then i find out, dont know how anymore *, thats in the 1st episode 5th mission, was called the core. after we played this mission we get the challange.

but i´m not realy shure if this a glitch or a server-problem.

hope this help.

• I remember: in german the challange says, that you must complete the core on artefact. but in this episode, there is no mission called the core. this one was in the 1st episode. thats the way we find out to do this mission. this alway happend in reach. that the german translation was not exactly or wrong as it should.

I’m curious if you have to complete all missions on the same difficulty. Like, you know how one of this week’s challenges is to complete Episode 2, Mission 5 on Legendary.?.? Well, if you do that, but then complete all the others on Heroic, maybe it doesn’t count. I’m going to play them all on the same difficulty and see if that does the trick.

> this one:
>
> Type: Spartan Ops
> Gagarin Legend
> Complete Gagarin in Artifact on Legendary difficulty.
>
> is wrong, because its not gagarin on the 5th mission on the 2nd episode. THIS! is the 5th mission on the 1st episode, the core.
>
> i did it yesterday with friends and we didnt get the challange. then i find out, dont know how anymore *, thats in the 1st episode 5th mission, was called the core. after we played this mission we get the challange.
>
> but i´m not realy shure if this a glitch or a server-problem.
>
> hope this help.
>
>
>
> * I remember: in german the challange says, that you must complete the core on artefact. but in this episode, there is no mission called the core. this one was in the 1st episode. thats the way we find out to do this mission. this alway happend in reach. that the german translation was not exactly or wrong as it should.

Actually it wasn’t the translation that was messed up. It read the same in english, it was probably just a mix up on the part of whoever set the challange that they didnt catch till after it was uploaded.

> Depending on when you did them the servers going up and down messed them up. Try doing them all again and it should register.

I tried that also and for me it didnt work. So even though everything registers that I have completed all the episode 1 and 2 missions on legendary, because I have twice, I can’t seem to pick up the challanges for doing them.

I’m not sure what I did, but the War games weekly challenge for getting 18 regicides, I seem to have gotten it, I definitely didn’t get 18 regicides, most I got was 10, but apparently I have the challenge complete. Haven’t had any experience with other challenges not working properly yet though.

That happened to me last week too. I can’t help but feel it might have to be solo.

> > Servers going up & down?? How long has 343 had to get the servers ready for the release of Halo 4? Bad start to a less then stellar game.
>
> You sir have no idea how game deployment works. Even if they had preparation for a million years they would never be able to gauge how much their full customer base will be. And overshooting it is bad business. Adjusting to demands is better, sure its a rough start but it’s better than losses.

No sir, you are wrong. Now i will back that up:

You have open public BETA testing. This allows you to get a stress test on your servers and know how to respond.

When preorders hit 500,000 they should have been beefing up servers, like floors of office space or basements filled with servers.

Trade shows and conventions do not allow the network to be fully stressed.

You cite the problems you are having and address the consumer that steps are being taken and continue to keep consumers informed every few days as a sign of good faith that you are actually working on solutions to fix the problem and report progress.

We are talking about a Microsoft, a billion dollar company, not some start up dev with limited resources.

Futhermore, ALL challenges and commendations are broken, none of them payout. I brought it to their attention one hour after I got the game home. They have said nothing, NOTHING.

The way I see it, you owe consumers that completed these challenges and commendations, and adding insult to injury, you owe all the lost double xp matches that disappear without reason.

> > Servers going up & down?? How long has 343 had to get the servers ready for the release of Halo 4? Bad start to a less then stellar game.
>
> You sir have no idea how game deployment works. Even if they had preparation for a million years they would never be able to gauge how much their full customer base will be. And overshooting it is bad business. Adjusting to demands is better, sure its a rough start but it’s better than losses.

This would be true had Waypoint not already have been a battle-tested system for the past 3 years on Halo: Reach.

There are also a myriad of ways of supporting far more users than a server is naturally capable of by providing database queues and forcing latency / loading times while hardware is expanded to compensate for the large influx of players.

People who often say “You have no idea how game development works” often if ever actually work within the games industry itself and don’t know themselves.

While some bugs should be expected, especially with new system implimentations; when you are building upon already established systems, then the issues at play come down to poor planning, implimentation or stress testing.

In-fact the complete lack of Halo 4 Beta Testing on Xbox Live, to me is absolutely inexcuseable with the modern console designs. Even one that lasted only a matter of a week or two would’ve provided invaluable stress test feedback, along with a large amount of community feedback to fine tune systems in time for release.

As far as I’m concerned while this is a Premium Franchise, how things have been handled so far frankly just shows 343s’ development inexperience; particularly concerning game development.

While you can easily point to a large number of other developers who suffer from similar issues, that is not an excuse… just means there are plenty of other developers who frankly haven’t grown up and evolved as technology has or to accomidate the growing needs of communities that SHOULD be more involved rather than seperated from the development pipeline.

Anywho as for the Challenge itself… one of them is actually impossible to get, because it is for completing Chapter 2 Episode 2; but the Challenge itself is for Chapter 5 Episode 1, so it is looking for the wrong chapter in Episode 2.

The same issue happened last week with “Episode of Legend” or whatever, where it wouldn’t complete until you completed the entire Episode on Legendary then completed the one it wanted on Legendary Solo.

It is annoying as many of the mistakes that seem to be at the root of Waypoint, to me appear to be quite simple programming errors… which is most puzzling given Visual Studio (even Web Edition) has some incredibly robust debug and intellisence tools that simple mistakes like this should instantly show up to the developer - almost makes me think the entire system was rushed through development.

How in the heck are you guys getting on these in Legendary? I have tried countless times and keep getting heroic, and it doesn’t matter how I do in those, it never pops to legendary. Is there an option bar somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks,

Berserker

It worked! I played all the missions on legendary difficulty and got the XP. I’m not suggesting you have to play all the missions on legendary, simply play them all on the same difficulty.