The Waypoint app doesn't feature the forums, but a Discourse app exists

Search “Discourse Hub” in the App Store - I’m not entirely sure if it’s on Android.

It’s a native iOS app w/ Notifications and all that fancy stuff.

It works pretty well.

Edit: It is on Android!

6 Likes

Sweet thanks for the post, I’ve been looking everywhere to find the Forum section in the app. Gave up and came to the site on my laptop instead.

1 Like

Yeah I was checking out the layout of the new forums earlier when I discovered that there is a Discourse app. I was pretty disappointed that the new Waypoint app didn’t include access to the forums, but I’m glad that I found this as it’s much easier to navigate around it than through a browser. I have it on Android and it works fine, although I haven’t gotten any push notifications/app icon notifications from it when I did in fact have a couple of notifications here when I opened it up. I’ll have to do a little bit more looking around and see what I can find.

I did the same thing. The update just launched so I’m sure there are some bugs to be found. Everything seems to be working just fine from PC.

Good to know! Deifinitely will check it out

Actually you can access the forums via the Waypoint app. It’s just very cumbersome and not intuitive at all.

@eLantern: Actually you can access the forums via the Waypoint app. It’s just very cumbersome and not intuitive at all.

The app itself is not intuitive at all. It seems to be the web page packaged as an app rather than an actual app. It’s the equivalent of going to a web page and clicking “Add to Home Screen”.

1 Like

What do we search on Discourse to find the Forums? Or, what is the process to getting on the Forums in such a way?

@TheKiltdHeathen: what do we search on Discourse to find the Forums? Or, what is the process to getting on the Forums in such a way?

Open the app once it’s downloaded
Tap “+” icon in the top left
Type in the search bar “forums.halowaypoint…com”
Sign into your Xbox account
Check all the boxes for authorizations and stuff
Then you’re done

1 Like

The discourse app sucks imo as using just opens your web browser so why use the app if it just takes you to the website anyway

Did they mean for us to use the Discourse app in conjunction? Seen no official yes or no to that.

1 Like

I may have spoken too soon if this is the case.

Had a similar question about this yesterday. Disappointed that the forums aren’t integrated into the app.

What are you on about?

I’d show you a screenshot if I could but Waypoint weirdly prevents you from uploading screenshots, but I’m currently using the Discourse app. I’m not using my web browser, I’m using the app itself.

Edit: Here, I’ve managed to figure out a way to upload a screenshot and share the link. You gotta reorganize it because Waypoint doesn’t play nice with links: imgur…com / oAEkWUR

Look imgur(dot)com/a/YsOTeAL and even in the settings of discourse the only setting is the option to either open in an outside browser or an in app browser (which is still just a web browser)
imgur(dot)com/a/iDtca7l

Ok wait, that’s really weird…

I’m on iOS and I believe you’re on Android, right? Maybe the app works differently for each OS? Look at mine - imgur.comm/K3qqXaG - it opens in the app itself. Though, you are right about one thing, the Discourse app uses the website, but it loads the website into the app, and it provides certain benefits because of the app aspect.

I’m on Android and it works just like a standalone app when viewing the forums.

1 Like