The way Playlists should be. 343 read

This is the way I think playlists should be set up. First, I just want to say, I know this is asking allot and I don’t expect all of these things to happen. I’m always willing to compromise, but I think it would be moving in the right direction. I have thought long and hard about this because I have great passion for this game.

I think the playlists need to be set up better to make people happy. The Halo community Has allot of people (and I don’t want to make this about the population) and it is important that we set up playlists that make us happy to keep us playing, not playlists where everybodys backing out because they didn’t get the GT they wanted. Stuff like that all contributes to hey, I’m gonna watch a movie, or I’m gonna play something else, or just do something else, or come to the forums to complain. We need playlists where people are voting for map only, not different GT’s because everybody that’s here has already agreed on the GT, Get it? So plain and simple, these are the playlists that should be in Halo…and only 1 GAME TYPE PER PLAYLIST accept Action Sack. Action Sack is the only playlist that should have more than one GT and they can change, please change them up from time to time. …and this is all I’m gonna say about population is that the point is to make it come back. I have already described earlier on how some of these GT’s should be changed (see my thread: The way MM should be). If anything else needs to be changed, I will post it after the GT.

I will be leaving out Ricochet because I think it sucks. Sorry 343. I will also be replacing Legendary Slayer with Slayer Pro and replacing Dominion with Invasion and removing Throwdown and Multi Team.

You will be able to use your loadouts in all of these except slayer pro, swat, and snipers. Action Sack and Invasion will be it’s own thing so it’s to be announced. Here it is.

1.Infinity Slayer

2.Slayer Pro. I mean old school SP. we all know what it is, no radar, no loadouts, no PO, fixed weapon spawns, everything that means SP, which 343 has severely butchered and totally shafted the Slayer Pro guys. Take it back to the old school. This is as close to LS as you’re gonna get, so if you want something more legendary it requires popping in a different disc.

3.Big Team Infinity Slayer

4.FFA Slayer (My Slayer settings except no PO)

5.Regicide

6.Infinity Doubles (add radar)

7.CTF (no PO)

8.Assault (no PO)

9.KOTH (no PO)

10.Invasion (much like it was in reach, haven’t thought much about H4 game play for this, just bring it back)

11.Swat

12.Snipers (add radar)

13.Flood

14.Griffball

15.Action Sack

There it is, without adding too many playlists. I think this should keep most of the community happy and keep them coming back for more, and the ones that aren’t satisfied can probably find what they are looking for in H3 or Reach.

Please give me feedback and let me know if you think this is a good idea. Thanks for reading.

]I agree, and ahve said this many times. I really hope they do this.

The population is too thin. You can’t give everyone what they want. This just divides the community more than it already is. No thanks. 15 is too many. Combine all of the objective gametypes and it will look a little better. Throwdown needs to stay even if it has hardly anyone in it for e-sport purposes.

What really needs to happen for Halo 5 is ranked and social again.

Well, considering you have two gametypes that don’t exist in this game, as well as a few redundancies (FFA, Regicide, AND Doubles? Nah.), don’t think it’s happening. Nor would I want it too.

When I think of playlist consolidation, I ask myself, “if people like x gametype, what similar gametypes would they also enjoy?” So along with making the playlists more realistic (i.e. no Assault or Invasion), this is what I came up with:

1. Infinity Slayer (Many Infinity fans loathe Legendary)
  2. Legendary Slayer BRs (plus maybe objective in the third voting slot? Many Legendary fans loathe Infinity, and I haven’t heard anyone complain about Slayer Pro missing)
  3. Big Team Infinity Slayer (Big Team Objective gametypes are meaningless)
  4. FFA Slayer + FFA Regicide (Regicide is too similar too Slayer for them to have separate playlists)
  5. Team Doubles
  6. Team Objective (KoTH, Oddball, Extraction, CTF, Dominion)
  7. Ricochet
  8. Team SWAT
  9. Team Snipers
  10. Grifball (THERE IS ONLY ONE F AND NO T)
  11. Action Sack + Flood

> When I think of playlist consolidation, I ask myself, “if people like x gametype, what similar gametypes would they also enjoy?” So along with making the playlists more realistic (i.e. no Assault or Invasion), this is what I came up with:
>
> 1. Infinity Slayer (Many Infinity fans loathe Legendary)
> 2. Legendary Slayer BRs (plus maybe objective in the third voting slot? Many Legendary fans loathe Infinity, and I haven’t heard anyone complain about Slayer Pro missing)
> 3. Big Team Infinity Slayer (Big Team Objective gametypes are meaningless)
> 4. FFA Slayer + FFA Regicide (Regicide is too similar too Slayer for them to have separate playlists)
> 5. Team Doubles
> 6. Team Objective (KoTH, Oddball, Extraction, CTF, Dominion)
> 7. Ricochet
> 8. Team SWAT
> 9. Team Snipers
> 10. Grifball (THERE IS ONLY ONE F AND NO T)
> 11. Action Sack + Flood

Wow, nailed it. 343, please take notes ^

I just want to be clear, that is the best proposed playlist, hands down, that I have seen so far. The short post wasn’t meant as sarcasm / cynically.

(Sorry for double post).

That playlist has everything that I would say 95%+ of the people complain (self included) that they wish they had.

Throw in some Weekend playlists to help shorten it, and it might look better. Otherwise, this is a tad bit much for the current population we got going on. :confused:

Didn’t it take it from 15 to 11?

> 3. Big Team Infinity Slayer (Big Team Objective gametypes are meaningless)

Immediately invalidates all prior and further points. Forever.

I honestly couldn’t disagree more with what you propose. My problems

1.You have removed Ricochet because you don’t like it? I’m sorry but others do and removing the second most played playlist is a horrible idea.

2.You have removed Throwdown. You have given no reason to why it has been removed. I really don’t like the idea of you removing playlists because you don’t play/enjoy them and then replace them with game types that A.don’t exist and B.Will not exceed even Throwdowns population (Assault). This is the only competitive thing we have in Halo 4.

3.I don’t see your problem with having more than one playlist per gametype. There is honestly no problem with having objective in BTB. Its how it has always been in past Halos and worked fine. Why change it now?

4.Infinity Doubles with radar and POD? Please no. Doubles is meant to be pretty competitive. Competitive and random factors don’t go well together.

5.Adding Radar to Snipers? Please for the love of God no. Team Snipers in Halo 4 sucks as it is.

6.KOTH and Assault in its own permanent playlist? Assault like Invasion doesn’t exist and would have maybe 20 players on average xD KOTH is slightly broken in Halo 4 and couldn’t sustain a decent population (be full of stat whores).

7.Invasion + Assault don’t exist so that isn’t going to happen. I doubt they will
add either this late into a game.

> 2.You have removed Throwdown.

Whoops. Can’t believe I forgot to add Throwdown. facepalm

And you’re right–there really is no reason that Objective gametypes couldn’t be added to Big Team. Dunno why I thought otherwise. facepalm with other hand

(I know you weren’t talking to me)

> > 2.You have removed Throwdown.
>
> Whoops. Can’t believe I forgot to add Throwdown. facepalm
>
> And you’re right–there really is no reason that Objective gametypes couldn’t be added to Big Team. Dunno why I thought otherwise. facepalm with other hand
>
> (I know you weren’t talking to me)

haha I was actually talking about the op xD But I guess it still applies :wink:

I would much rather have a line up similar to below.

-Team Slayer:4v4 Infinity Slayer and Legendary Slayer- Haven, Adrift, Abandon, Solace, Simplex, Shutout, Onyx, Dispatch, Skyline, Monolith, Landfall, Perdition, Pitfall and Vertigo

-Big Team Battle:8v8 Big Team Infinity Slayer, Big Team CTF- Ragnarok, Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, Complex, Longbow, Settler, Wreckage, Shatter

-SWAT:4v4 Team SWAT (BR/DMR/Pistol/Frag Grenade and no radar)- Haven, Pitfall, Skyline, Monolith, Abandon, Harvest, Shutout, Plaza, Forge maps that actually play well in SWAT

-Team Snipers:4v4 Team Snipers (Sniper/Pistol/Frag Grenade/ no radar or Beam rifle on map), Shotty Snipers (Sniper/Shotgun/Frag Grenade with no radar)- Complex, Exile, Haven, Meltdown, Ragnarok, Shutout, Pitfall

-Capture The Flag:4v4 CTF (Loadouts enabled, POD off 10 second respawn)- Adrift, Exile, Dispatch, Ragnarok, Settler, Solace, Simplex, Skyline, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Pitfall

-Ricochet:4v4 Ricochet (current settings)- Haven, Solace, Pitfall, Monolith, Simplex, Onxy

-Rumble Pit:6 players. Regicide, Infinity Rumble (POD off, Radar Off, 5 second spawn)- Haven , Solace, Adrift, Abandon, Scythe, Skyline, Monolith, Vertigo, Pitfall

-Team Doubles:2v2 Legendery Slayer BRs- Haven, Abandon, Rail, Simplex, Onxy, Skyline, Pitfall

-Team Throwdown:4v4 Current settings

-Griftball:4v4 current settings

-Team Objective:5v5 Oddball (Haven), KOTH (Haven, Monolith, Vertigo, Shutout, Solace), Extraction (Haven, Abandon, Exile, Dispatch)

-Flood:10 FFA. Hivemind, New Flood Gametype- Community maps

Action Sack: current gametypes

-Rotational Playlists (2 weeks): Race, Multi Team (4 teams of 3), Forge Test playlist, Dominion

Rotational DLC playlists (2 weeks)
-4v4 DLC required: required maps- Majestic + bullseye

-FFA DLC required: required maps- Majestic + bullseye

-8v8 DLC required: required map - Crimson + Castle

Ranked
Social

This leaves 15 playlists that still have / would have decent populations while also pleasing the majority of the community.
Sorry if I missed anything but I think that covers it pretty well :slight_smile:

This is how i think it should be. There needs to be ranked and social for 2 reasons.

1. Lets say my csr is like 50 in infinity or 30-50 and my buddys skill range is like 10-20 how is that going to be for him hell just get wrecked. And lets say i want to play with my buddys at my house and there not that good and im csr 50 in infinity slayer there just going to end up getting wrecked.

2. Not every playlist is meant to be ranked such as action sack that was a 0 exp gametype in halo 3 and flood to there really is only 5 playlist that should be ranked.

Social use SR 1-130 ranks

1. Infinity slayer (remove legendary slayer br put back on own playlist infinity fans hate these settings cause its so different it never gets voted for add slayer pro with radar in 3rd slot.)

2. Legendary (put legendary br in 1st voting slot and legendary slayer ar starts in 2nd voting slot than put legendary objective gametype in 3rd.

3. Big Team Battle (add Dominion)

4. Team objective (Add Ricochet in 1st voting slot and add Capture the flag )

5. Grifball

6. Team Action Sack (add flood)

7. Multi team

Ranked use online csr

1. Team throwdown

2. Team doubles

3. Team snipers

4. Swat

5. Rumble pit

>

here are maybe what good tip’s you can use.

1: add castle maps on the Big Team Battle play list.
it has big space for 16 players all 3 maps

2: Rotational DLC playlists: will never work trust me.
halo 4 has done that all and it was not fun.
if you wane have a dlc play list then its the best way to make it permanent that you most have all dlc packs to play it.
also it’s becomes to fast boring if you have only a Rotational dlc play list.

i hope that halo 5 has it more this way.

Team Slayer- 4v4. Infinity, Team, and Legendary variants.

Big Team Battle- 8v8. Mix between Slayer and Objective gametypes

Rumble Pit- FFA. Mix between Slayer and Objective gametypes.

Team Doubles- 2v2. Mix between Slayer and Objective gametypes.

Muti-Team- 6 teams of 2. Mix between Slayer and Objective gametypes.

Team Throwdown- 4v4 Tournament settings.

Swat- 4v4

Team Snipers- 4v4

Grifball- 4v4

Flood- FFA

Now here is my idea on what to do about objectives. We all know how popular CTF and Ricochet are, but many of us also miss Oddball, KotH, and Team Regicide. So my idea is this, create two playlists a 4v4/5v5 Team Objective that permanently has Oddball, KotH, and Team Regicide and another playlist reserved for CTF or Ricochet as a standalone. The idea is to rotate CTF and Ricochet every week or two weeks between having their own playlist or its inclusion in the Team Objective playlist.

This would allow for a Team Objective playlist to come back and thrive, support the popularity of CTF and Ricochet, as well as having nice consolidation.

> I would much rather have a line up similar to below.
>
>
> -Team Slayer:4v4 Infinity Slayer and Legendary Slayer- Haven, Adrift, Abandon, Solace, Simplex, Shutout, Onyx, Dispatch, Skyline, Monolith, Landfall, Perdition, Pitfall and Vertigo
>
> -Big Team Battle:8v8 Big Team Infinity Slayer, Big Team CTF- Ragnarok, Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, Complex, Longbow, Settler, Wreckage, Shatter
>
> -SWAT:4v4 Team SWAT (BR/DMR/Pistol/Frag Grenade and no radar)- Haven, Pitfall, Skyline, Monolith, Abandon, Harvest, Shutout, Plaza, Forge maps that actually play well in SWAT
>
> -Team Snipers:4v4 Team Snipers (Sniper/Pistol/Frag Grenade/ no radar or Beam rifle on map), Shotty Snipers (Sniper/Shotgun/Frag Grenade with no radar)- Complex, Exile, Haven, Meltdown, Ragnarok, Shutout, Pitfall
>
> -Capture The Flag:4v4 CTF (Loadouts enabled, POD off 10 second respawn)- Adrift, Exile, Dispatch, Ragnarok, Settler, Solace, Simplex, Skyline, Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition, Pitfall
>
> -Ricochet:4v4 Ricochet (current settings)- Haven, Solace, Pitfall, Monolith, Simplex, Onxy
>
> -Rumble Pit:6 players. Regicide, Infinity Rumble (POD off, Radar Off, 5 second spawn)- Haven , Solace, Adrift, Abandon, Scythe, Skyline, Monolith, Vertigo, Pitfall
>
> -Team Doubles:2v2 Legendery Slayer BRs- Haven, Abandon, Rail, Simplex, Onxy, Skyline, Pitfall
>
> -Team Throwdown:4v4 Current settings
>
> -Griftball:4v4 current settings
>
> -Team Objective:5v5 Oddball (Haven), KOTH (Haven, Monolith, Vertigo, Shutout, Solace), Extraction (Haven, Abandon, Exile, Dispatch)
>
> -Flood:10 FFA. Hivemind, New Flood Gametype- Community maps
>
> Action Sack: current gametypes
>
> -Rotational Playlists (2 weeks): Race, Multi Team (4 teams of 3), Forge Test playlist, Dominion
>
> Rotational DLC playlists (2 weeks)
> -4v4 DLC required: required maps- Majestic + bullseye
>
> -FFA DLC required: required maps- Majestic + bullseye
>
> -8v8 DLC required: required map - Crimson + Castle
>
>
> Ranked
> Social
>
> This leaves 15 playlists that still have / would have decent populations while also pleasing the majority of the community.
> Sorry if I missed anything but I think that covers it pretty well :slight_smile:

I honestly think CTF works better with 5, but each to his own.
@OP:
1: Why remove Ricochet and LS? Cause you don’t like them? I know atleast 1000 people like Ricochet.
2. Slayer Pro at launch was terrible. LS is way better.
3. Telling someone to pop in another disc to play a certain gametype, is like saying if you don’t like something, get out.
4. Snipers with radar would be terrible. So would team doubles
5.Regecide and FFA slayer in 2 playlists? Really?
6. Invasion and Assault probably aren’t coming back till next game. Hey, if you want to play Invasion, Pop in another disc XD.
7. So you took out all the competetive playlists except for snipers, and Team doubles, except you dumbed those down to casual levels?

1. Team Slayer (Current Infinity Slayer, just renamed)
  2. Big Team Battle
  3. Team Objective (5v5, CTF, KotH, Ext., Oddball, Regicide, Ricochet)
  4. Swat
  5. Snipers
  6. Rumble Pit
  7. Flood
  8. Action Sack
  9. Grifball
  10. Team Doubles
  11. Team Throwdown
  12. Rotation playlist

There, 3 less playlists, all that make sense. If, for some reason, the population STILL can’t support this, combine Swat and Snipers to make 11.