The Wasp is NOT a Phaeton

I’ve used the Wasp only once, but when I did, the vehicle felt unique, and most certainly didn’t play like a phaeton, nor does it look all that much like one, for that matter. The weapon systems are similar, of course, but that is inevitable, considering that there’s only so much difference ou can have between weapon systems for small air vehicles. The controls may take some time to adjust to, but I found that I got the hang of it pretty quickly. What do all you people think though, is the Wasp as unique a vehicle to you as it is to me? Or do you think it shares too many similarities with other vehicles?

The damn rockets need a buff… They are crap.

it is

Its a really good vehicle during the early stages of a match, but it can be taken out in a second during the later stages where everyone has high reqs

> 2535449665894532;2:
> The damn rockets need a buff… They are crap.

Yeah, they do. Either buff them, or make it so that they can fire faster. The chaingun seemed to do quite a bit of damage before they overheat though.

What is the REQ level for it?

The Wasp is REQ level 3, so it is beat suited for early strikes before everyone has the high REQs, which was a good point to make MetroJohn117

> 2533274976607648;6:
> What is the REQ level for it?

Req lvl 3. They are on par with a ghost, so I’m not surprised to hear that they get destroyed in the later stages of a game.

Level 3!? It seems like it’s tons of fun to pilot, so I’d love better variants that can hold their own in mid to late game.

> 2533274976607648;9:
> Level 3!? It seems like it’s tons of fun to pilot, so I’d love better variants that can hold their own in mid to late game.

That’d be awesome. I even have ideas for two theoretical variants. One would be rare, at REQ level 5, and would have gauss cannons instead of chainguns, and the rockets would be more powerful, the other would be REQ level 7, and would be ultra rare, with four missiles instead of two, and you could switch between gauss cannons and turrets that fired HEDP (High Explosive Dual Purpose) rounds. All weapons on the latter would obviously be more powerful than on the former, with a shorter cool down time for the rockets and gauss cannons.

Love the Wasp. Great addition. Now we just need Hannibal and ONI variants to make it useful for later stages of the game, like the ONI Hog, yes?

Everyone saying a Hornet would’ve been a Phaeton reskin, and that the Wasp is one, clearly don’t realize if anything the Phaeton is a Hornet reskin as the Hornet came first

I only had one in my REQ stash and I used it to great effect in one of my last FF matches. Took out the last Phaeton enemy for one round and then helped protect our Core the next before finally being shot down. It was alright. I honestly don’t see why they don’t just have the Hornet. Why did they need to make another aircraft that’s almost just a redesign? I didn’t think the Hornet was bad…

> 2535449665894532;2:

It’s REQ level 3, of course it’s crap, people would be complaining otherwise…

> 2696128169794517;12:
> I only had one in my REQ stash and I used it to great effect in one of my last FF matches. Took out the last Phaeton enemy for one round and then helped protect our Core the next before finally being shot down. It was alright. I honestly don’t see why they don’t just have the Hornet. Why did they need to make another aircraft that’s almost just a redesign? I didn’t think the Hornet was bad…

I was more of a Falcon person to be honest. Good team play. Just needed extra armor and the primary cannon added, as well as the extra seats, and it would’ve been able to go to Warzone

Wasp is pretty great in firefight if you know how to manuever it properly to ensure survival from the aimbot prometheans.

I have flown a few in WFF as well as in BTB, against the AI is doesn’t do the well but I love mowing people down with it in BTB. I feel like the rockets could use a slight buff, maybe not even a damage buff, maybe just shorten the time between firing, but besides that I love it and can’t wait to see if we get variants for Warzone.

You’re right… It’s weaker in every sense.

> 2535449665894532;2:

I love that it’s weak as hell, honestly. This really is the Ghost of the sky.

I love the Wasp! Hope it’s in future Halo titles and it would be cool if they either buffed it up and made it REQ LEVEL 4 or 5 or make an ONI Wasp (since all the other UNSC vehicles do) and give it the extra armor and upgraded twin rockets that work the same as the SPNKR EX.

You know what we need?! We need a Rally Wasp! Imagine a super fast wasp with extra armor