The warthog

So by the newish trailer we can see 343 is, thankfully, reverting back to the old art design. Upon watching the trailer you can see a warthog driving through the open terrain… But it still has the gas cans on it from halo4/5. This may just be my opinion but the old warthog was perfect. A fine future military jeep… The 343 design was more modern and the gas tanks are an eye sore for me, since day one. Hope im not alone, just miss the iconic warthog look… And sound too!!

I didn’t even realize the warthogs design had changed drastically. It seemed to me like a natural progression of artistic licensing and better graphics capabilities. Is it just the liquid tanks that you don’t like? Is that all that changed?

The Warthog imo is one of the better changes, kinda like the Halo 5 scorpion. It looks sturdy, powerful and big despite being wildly impractical if it were a real life design.

But the classic hog also just kinda looks… nicer. More smooth and similar to chiefs armour, like they intentionally go hand in hand. The smoother design kinda reminds me of a puma. I think I get what you mean OP. Either way I honestly don’t mind. A hogs a hog and as long as it drives good, it’s good to me.

> 2533274882881665;3:
> The smoother design kinda reminds me of a puma.

Nice RVB call back lol.

I actually quite enjoy the 343 design, but if the UNSC is on the run from the Created, it would canonically make sense to bring back some older iterations of the warthog since the UNSC would need to dig into some old armories as their newer equipment gets used up fighting the Created and their military to be.

As a side note, keeping gas canisters exposed on a military vehicle is extremely dangerous. Aside from them being punctured by bullets or super heated by plasma, which could cause a massive explosion, the simple act of exposing gas (or hydrogen in the case of a Warthog) to the elements would eventually lead to combustion as the vapors heat up over time.

I like the H2 version the most. I think the general design of the H4/H5 one is fine except for the gas tanks, seems stupid to me. The new art style is classic inspired but it’s also a culmination of all of Halo, so expect to see some stuff that looks classic and stuff that looks more modern.

> 2535435902217648;4:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > The smoother design kinda reminds me of a puma.
>
> Nice RVB call back lol.
>
> I actually quite enjoy the 343 design, but if the UNSC is on the run from the Created, it would canonically make sense to bring back some older iterations of the warthog since the UNSC would need to dig into some old armories as their newer equipment gets used up fighting the Created and their military to be.
>
> As a side note, keeping gas canisters exposed on a military vehicle is extremely dangerous. Aside from them being punctured by bullets or super heated by plasma, which could cause a massive explosion, the simple act of exposing gas (or hydrogen in the case of a Warthog) to the elements would eventually lead to combustion as the vapors heat up over time.

I believe Warthogs use water for fuel. The cans would be carrying around water so no danger :slight_smile:

Honestly, I like do like most of 343’s redesigns, especially the warthog and scorpion. But I also love original design (old scorpion not as much as new).

All warthogs are inferior to the glorious CE hog. So future tech that it’s invinicible, does awesome flips, kills anyone by the slightest touch, and never over heats. Truly a vehicle we should all want on the battle field. Even this new “halo infinite-hog” shalln’t challenge the true warthog.

I’m not fussed by the design of the warthogs, they’ve always looked like long jeep convertabiles and this new one is no different.

I like the H4/5 warthog design since it looks like a warthog that got a upgrade. Also the canisters on the back are actually filled with water if I am current

I like the H4/5 warthog design since it looks like a warthog that got a upgrade. Also the canisters on the back are actually filled with water if I am current

Didn’t mean to spam

> 2533274936074323;11:
> Didn’t mean to spam

Just remember in future to use the edit button rather than posting multiple times in a row, thanks

> 2535435902217648;4:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > The smoother design kinda reminds me of a puma.
>
> Nice RVB call back lol.
>
> I actually quite enjoy the 343 design, but if the UNSC is on the run from the Created, it would canonically make sense to bring back some older iterations of the warthog since the UNSC would need to dig into some old armories as their newer equipment gets used up fighting the Created and their military to be.
>
> As a side note, keeping gas canisters exposed on a military vehicle is extremely dangerous. Aside from them being punctured by bullets or super heated by plasma, which could cause a massive explosion, the simple act of exposing gas (or hydrogen in the case of a Warthog) to the elements would eventually lead to combustion as the vapors heat up over time.

Actually, aside from finding old caches on abandoned exUNSC controlled planets and rigs, there wouldn’t be much of the ‘old gen’ tech, vehicles, or weapons laying around. Simply put, if it follows protocol like I believe it does (seeing that ONI and the UNSC seem to love protocols) then once a newer generation of technology comes about, older gen is practically thrown out the window and destroyed. This would make sense because older tech wouldn’t be utilized seeing as the newer tech is likely cheaper and far more effective. So being on the run from the Created still wouldn’t explain the old designs returning (actually, I believe they said that the designs we saw were placeholders? I definitely remember someone saying somewhere that the art style we saw was not the final concept art). If anything, doesn’t the Infinity have some kind of armory fabricator? Like a large 3D printer of sorts just…building vehicles and what not? If so, they wouldn’t need to return to older tech.

I do have to agree though; it’s the year 2560(?) are you seriously going to tell me they managed to make portable fusion reactors to power MJOLNIR armor for an untold amount of time (probably a long time if we’re going to be honest considering I do believe it was joked that the Spartans are literal walking nuclear bombs) but their main land transport still runs on Diesel??? And why is it practically asking to be shot at by being in almost glowingly bright red canisters with X’s on them on a sage green vehicle?

The two main things I would like to see in Infinite’s Warthog is the return of the rectangular search lights; both by the windshield’s canopy, and where the circular lights are in the newer games by the tow-winch. It makes it look too much like they’re hunting deer, instead of what would be the expected design silhouette from an industry-oriented, space-faring military agency like the UNSC is.

> 2533274879757912;13:
> > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > > The smoother design kinda reminds me of a puma.
> >
> > Nice RVB call back lol.
> >
> > I actually quite enjoy the 343 design, but if the UNSC is on the run from the Created, it would canonically make sense to bring back some older iterations of the warthog since the UNSC would need to dig into some old armories as their newer equipment gets used up fighting the Created and their military to be.
> >
> > As a side note, keeping gas canisters exposed on a military vehicle is extremely dangerous. Aside from them being punctured by bullets or super heated by plasma, which could cause a massive explosion, the simple act of exposing gas (or hydrogen in the case of a Warthog) to the elements would eventually lead to combustion as the vapors heat up over time.
>
> Actually, aside from finding old caches on abandoned exUNSC controlled planets and rigs, there wouldn’t be much of the ‘old gen’ tech, vehicles, or weapons laying around. Simply put, if it follows protocol like I believe it does (seeing that ONI and the UNSC seem to love protocols) then once a newer generation of technology comes about, older gen is practically thrown out the window and destroyed. This would make sense because older tech wouldn’t be utilized seeing as the newer tech is likely cheaper and far more effective. So being on the run from the Created still wouldn’t explain the old designs returning (actually, I believe they said that the designs we saw were placeholders? I definitely remember someone saying somewhere that the art style we saw was not the final concept art). If anything, doesn’t the Infinity have some kind of armory fabricator? Like a large 3D printer of sorts just…building vehicles and what not? If so, they wouldn’t need to return to older tech.
>
> I do have to agree though; it’s the year 2560(?) are you seriously going to tell me they managed to make portable fusion reactors to power MJOLNIR armor for an untold amount of time (probably a long time if we’re going to be honest considering I do believe it was joked that the Spartans are literal walking nuclear bombs) but their main land transport still runs on Diesel??? And why is it practically asking to be shot at by being in almost glowingly bright red canisters with X’s on them on a sage green vehicle?

If the UNSC operates in a similar way to how the current military operates, then old tech doesn’t necessarily get completely thrown out. Components that can be transferred over just get cannibalized and added to the newer models. Same thing happens for the fleet vehicles at my job. But you make a good point about the Infinity. For a ship the size of a city, they should have the ability to produce their own armaments so long as they have the raw materials. Would be cool to have a level on the Infinity so that we can explore it and find places like that. As far as open world maps go, the Infinity is the only ship I can think of that is large enough to allow for open world exploration.

> 2535435902217648;15:
> > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > > > The smoother design kinda reminds me of a puma.
> > >
> > > Nice RVB call back lol.
> > >
> > > I actually quite enjoy the 343 design, but if the UNSC is on the run from the Created, it would canonically make sense to bring back some older iterations of the warthog since the UNSC would need to dig into some old armories as their newer equipment gets used up fighting the Created and their military to be.
> > >
> > > As a side note, keeping gas canisters exposed on a military vehicle is extremely dangerous. Aside from them being punctured by bullets or super heated by plasma, which could cause a massive explosion, the simple act of exposing gas (or hydrogen in the case of a Warthog) to the elements would eventually lead to combustion as the vapors heat up over time.
> >
> > Actually, aside from finding old caches on abandoned exUNSC controlled planets and rigs, there wouldn’t be much of the ‘old gen’ tech, vehicles, or weapons laying around. Simply put, if it follows protocol like I believe it does (seeing that ONI and the UNSC seem to love protocols) then once a newer generation of technology comes about, older gen is practically thrown out the window and destroyed. This would make sense because older tech wouldn’t be utilized seeing as the newer tech is likely cheaper and far more effective. So being on the run from the Created still wouldn’t explain the old designs returning (actually, I believe they said that the designs we saw were placeholders? I definitely remember someone saying somewhere that the art style we saw was not the final concept art). If anything, doesn’t the Infinity have some kind of armory fabricator? Like a large 3D printer of sorts just…building vehicles and what not? If so, they wouldn’t need to return to older tech.
> >
> > I do have to agree though; it’s the year 2560(?) are you seriously going to tell me they managed to make portable fusion reactors to power MJOLNIR armor for an untold amount of time (probably a long time if we’re going to be honest considering I do believe it was joked that the Spartans are literal walking nuclear bombs) but their main land transport still runs on Diesel??? And why is it practically asking to be shot at by being in almost glowingly bright red canisters with X’s on them on a sage green vehicle?
>
> If the UNSC operates in a similar way to how the current military operates, then old tech doesn’t necessarily get completely thrown out. Components that can be transferred over just get cannibalized and added to the newer models. Same thing happens for the fleet vehicles at my job. But you make a good point about the Infinity. For a ship the size of a city, they should have the ability to produce their own armaments so long as they have the raw materials. Would be cool to have a level on the Infinity so that we can explore it and find places like that. As far as open world maps go, the Infinity is the only ship I can think of that is large enough to allow for open world exploration.

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to walk the Infinity as my own created Spartan. Would make me feel super immersed, especially if they made the AI aboard (the Marines and what not) responsive to your presence. Maybe it could be a HUB of sorts?

> 2533274879757912;13:
> > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > >
>
> I do have to agree though; it’s the year 2560(?) are you seriously going to tell me they managed to make portable fusion reactors to power MJOLNIR armor for an untold amount of time (probably a long time if we’re going to be honest considering I do believe it was joked that the Spartans are literal walking nuclear bombs) but their main land transport still runs on Diesel??? And why is it practically asking to be shot at by being in almost glowingly bright red canisters with X’s on them on a sage green vehicle?

They run on hydrogen… they are essentially water-powered.

> 2533274913913392;17:
> > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > > >
> >
> > I do have to agree though; it’s the year 2560(?) are you seriously going to tell me they managed to make portable fusion reactors to power MJOLNIR armor for an untold amount of time (probably a long time if we’re going to be honest considering I do believe it was joked that the Spartans are literal walking nuclear bombs) but their main land transport still runs on Diesel??? And why is it practically asking to be shot at by being in almost glowingly bright red canisters with X’s on them on a sage green vehicle?
>
> They run on hydrogen… they are essentially water-powered.

Then why red canisters? Why not blue or white canisters? Red is a color used to express a danger, such as explosive or flammable material/fluids. If the Warthogs run on hydrogen, then the red makes no sense.

> 2533274879757912;18:
> > 2533274913913392;17:
> > > 2533274879757912;13:
> > > > 2535435902217648;4:
> > > > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > > > >
> > >
> > > I do have to agree though; it’s the year 2560(?) are you seriously going to tell me they managed to make portable fusion reactors to power MJOLNIR armor for an untold amount of time (probably a long time if we’re going to be honest considering I do believe it was joked that the Spartans are literal walking nuclear bombs) but their main land transport still runs on Diesel??? And why is it practically asking to be shot at by being in almost glowingly bright red canisters with X’s on them on a sage green vehicle?
> >
> > They run on hydrogen… they are essentially water-powered.
>
> Then why red canisters? Why not blue or white canisters? Red is a color used to express a danger, such as explosive or flammable material/fluids. If the Warthogs run on hydrogen, then the red makes no sense.

Probably simply a design choice. But canonically, it is well documented that Warthogs are hydrogen powered.

I like the current design personally. I just hope they make it a little faster then it was in Halo 5.