THE WAIT!!!.....maybe a bad call?? H5:Guardians...

Hello Fellow Halo lovers!!

I’m one of the proud owners of Halo 5’s Limited Collectors Edition. It should be known that I have never before gone this far for a game before. Paying $250.00 for a statue and the chance to pre-download the game digitally a week early was simply a delight. That was my mind set when i was pre-ordering it and paid in full. Now here we are just 4 Days away from actual release and i’m terribly frustrated with seeing “Full Press Copies” being streamed on youtube, and twitch. Not that i’m not happy to see the footage, and i know i could always shy away if i truly wanted to not spoil it for myself. However my problem isn’t with the press or streaming the game, i’m really glad they did. However, some of whom have press releases of the full game and simply have had this time to play throughout and play things as far as actual multiplayer WWWAAAYYYY Early!!..Now here is my issue with it. I’ve paid a lump some for just a statue and some great memorabilia, but at some point i feel a little cheated…and again very frustrated for not being able to enjoy maybe something like the first three levels that were allowed to be streamed by press members. This in turn is not even referring to the people who really went all out ( like a couple sets of friends that i know) who went and bought the Astro A40’s headset,halo edition controllers, and 1TB XB1 Limited Edition Halo 5 Console. Seeing the upwards of $800 and still not being able to play it.
I get the press only was allowed to stream a finite part of the game to “wet” our appetites but am i really alone in the frustration here?? we literally have the game in our hard drives, sitting there begging to be played. The most anticipated game of 2015(at least for me) and it feels like I’m being toyed with, just dangling a piece of sweet smelling cheese in front of my mouse nose. Honestly if i could have foreseen how frustrated id become waiting for an already downloaded game, i probably wouldn’t have bought the Limited Collectors edition, but just opt’d for the Limited Edition. At least that way i would know that i’d be losing the statue, but wouldn’t be looking at my xbox like, THROW ME A -Yoinking!- BONE HERE. And the message that goes along with it when you do click on the Halo 5 game just seems to add insult to my already frustrated self. Again i’m over excited for this game and i did go in for the win with this game. By and by even with this newly added and found frustration, it all comes down to one day. One day that will either reclaim Halo’s former glory and more than make up for the tragedies that was Halo 4 and Halo:MCC or just take a dump on our heads and call it cotton candy, at which point I will sell everything, and be done with this franchise forever. Im hoping that isn’t the case by any means and from what i’ve seen so far, it doesn’t seem like it is. However the track record does show a bit of inconsistency.
To really wrap things up, i’ve been venting my frustrations because i may not do this type of thing again if its offered. Having a digital download only to NOT be able to enjoy at least SOME gameplay early especially given the price. I would hope someone somewhere would hear this and go, you know that makes sense, and would really show die hard fans that are actually willing to go the extra mile in our product to throw them a real bone instead of having the press dangle such things over videos and streams to make the rest of us go, “well i want to play!!!” and not be able to do so. Thats the knot in my stomach with the early digital download. It would ( in my opinion) be one of the best things developers could do for their fans. So if you made it this far in my rant, please let me know, Do you agree with me? do you think i’m full of it? let me know, lets talk a bit about this, and get it out in the open. I’m Nimbus Frost, and i can’t wait!! but i’ve waited Long enough!! BRING ON HALO!!!

-NKF

Quote “Developers always face several challenges when it comes to creating sequels to well-established franchises. After all, each new entry needs to be bigger and better than the last, raising the bar by injecting fresh ideas that expand game play while simultaneously remaining true to the inspiration of the original” unquote

Will Halo 5 Prove worthy???

As much as I want to play, I can’t agree with allowing everyone to play early. That says a dangerous precedent of “pay not for early access” which should never happen. Press and some of the community being allowed to play is just pure marketing, designed to drum up excitement and in Halo 5’s case show that the game runs smooth and will work great at launch. It’s just a few more days, I’m sure we can all wait. We’ve waited this long, right? :slight_smile:

No you pay what you get

I paid 100 bucks for my edition should I get early access? Though I do find it silly cause we know the game is ready…they should really just release it Sunday

> 2533274813317074;2:
> As much as I want to play, I can’t agree with allowing everyone to play early. That says a dangerous precedent of “pay not for early access” which should never happen. Press and some of the community being allowed to play is just pure marketing, designed to drum up excitement and in Halo 5’s case show that the game runs smooth and will work great at launch. It’s just a few more days, I’m sure we can all wait. We’ve waited this long, right? :slight_smile:

I literally just had this exact conversation with someone at work! She (yes a girl gamer, gasp) also said it was bulls**t that people get to play early. But really, it is all about marketing!

I paid for the LCE too, I don’t mind the wait. Don’t get me wrong, I HATE waiting but I’m getting even more hyped for Tuesday!

Every game gets released to the press early. That’s how they get all the reviews up online a week before the game actually comes out, and (ideally) the people on the fence about buying it see the good score and pull the trigger.

The joy of pre-downloading is that come Tuesday we’ll actually be able to PLAY the game, instead of stare at a progress bar while it downloads/installs on release day. Which, from experience, sucks even more than clicking on the Halo 5 box and getting that “You’re too early! Would you like to view this in the store?” message.

Just remember. Three-four days from now, all the tension you’re feeling will go away, and you’ll forget all about this ‘problem.’ =) Happy thoughts.

Take time to enjoy your family b4 tuesday comes around

I don’t like how you tubers got it early, especially cause most of them never played halo before

Hey thanks guys for your response!! Yeah all I was saying is even just for like 1 offline campaign mission. I mean I understand marketing side of it, and especially giving such a look at the game to entice people who aren’t sure. Perhaps I’ve been overzealous about my frustration but it just seems like a title such as this would benefit more if letting us play a mission a little early it would go a long way for them. Word of mouth is stronger than any commerical or stream could ever really be. Think about it, would you trust a press member you’ve never heard of? Or even a YouTuber you’re following Vs a best friends word on the game?? So yes thankfully release is a short time away, but if given the choice in the future I probably won’t go through the early digital download just because every time I log on to my xbox and see it just waiting begging to be played is maddening Lol, yeah but i really didn’t think I would react like that when I went in and pre-ordered. Anyway thanks again guys!!

Never pay $250.00 for a video game.

> 2533274811835566;9:
> Never pay $250.00 for a video game.

The only “Limited Collector’s Edition” I ever bought was Reach’s for $90. It wasn’t worth it. If I had just preordered the standard edition from gamestop I still would have gotten the recon helmet and multi-threat torso. The book and patch was a lame reward for an extra $30. So was the game itself.

> 2535470138206693;3:
> No you pay what you get
>
> I paid 100 bucks for my edition should I get early access? Though I do find it silly cause we know the game is ready…they should really just release it Sunday

seriously it would be freaking nice if they didn’t always release everything on freaking tuesdays

> 2533274813317074;2:
> As much as I want to play, I can’t agree with allowing everyone to play early. That says a dangerous precedent of “pay not for early access” which should never happen. Press and some of the community being allowed to play is just pure marketing, designed to drum up excitement and in Halo 5’s case show that the game runs smooth and will work great at launch. It’s just a few more days, I’m sure we can all wait. We’ve waited this long, right? :slight_smile:

Yep and this Hype, if done well, will actually bring unsure buyers to buy and maybe even pre-order the game

I don’t think everyone should get in early. Just releasing it to the press and reviewers is good marketing

> 2535419340400671;13:
> I don’t think everyone should get in early. Just releasing it to the press and reviewers is good marketing

I understand it’s good marketing, and like I said I loved seeing the footage. However being able to play just 1 mission and feeling the controls for myself and actually going through it, would not only get my mouth watering for more but encourage me to want to encourage others to do so. I realize it sound selfish and it IS stemming from the frustration of staring at the game title on my Xbox, but most of the community has been captivated since CE, and there’s where I feel like seeing a lot of youtubers and press members gets me heated seeing all their play throughs and going What the Hell?!?! While at the same time going this is awesome. At any rate it’s fine, I won’t do this again and I will be more than excited for release. Hell I even got three straight days off work that I requested a month ago for H5!!! Woot woot!!!