The Virgin gaming tournaments...

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Are stupid and pathetic…
Has it occurred to anyone else yet that to win these ‘events’ you have to
a) Have no life, as was the case with the Infinity challenge (SpOps and war games to some extent)
b)Have the ability to pull host, especially unfair since it decides whos host based on host history rather than best average connection…

Makes it very one sided and near impossible to win for the average person…

Oh and the Global championship? Going to be a VERY nasty suprise when the people who qualify online (most of them would pull host more often than not) will be playing systemlink, so virtually no lag whatsoever…

So unless the online qualifiers have previous systemlink tournament experience, a good host history and also no life in order to top the leaderboards each week, well personally I don’t think any online qualifiers will be winning the championship…

They did have a LAN event at RTX to qualify for the Global Championship. (And they hinted that there may be more LAN qualifiers to come). The online qualifier only requires 20 games. If you play more, it just takes the average. I think that is as fair as it gets. (if you play 3 games a day, and win all 3, you have a really good shot). Obviously the AVERAGE person won’t qualify for the championship- it is a tournament and only 4 out of thousands will get a spot each week. Nobody said it would be easy. And they did say that there will be other prizes for people who compete each week, not just the top 4. Just be happy -Yoink!-/343i is doing something for the community.

>

Aren’t there enough negative threads?..

I think I like the way this one is made up, opposed to the the one where it just took the player who was able to play the most and get the most points. You play 20 really good games, and you’re odds are looking pretty good. Plus, what Venom said, sweepstakes prizes as well. Just register and play the game, you either get something or you don’t and you can pretend nothing happened.