The veto system. Yes or no?

Halo 3 had the very simple veto system. This was fairly simple and better than the voting poll for what map to play, such as in Halo Reach, because most maps were cycled through enough in Halo 3, whereas the most popular maps in HR were usually overplayed. OR we could just keep it in this random order that Halo 5 has.

So. Yes or No?

I would rather keep random order. Whether it is veto or voting it leads to playing the same maps more often than the way it is now.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I would rather keep random order. Whether it is veto or voting it leads to playing the same maps more often than the way it is now.

I’d say why not to have a veto system? It was part of the Halo multiplayer, but I agree. I guess if we had a veto system in Halo 5 we would be playing on Truth and Coliseum forever.

I still think veto is by far the best form of picking maps. You get the option to skip maps you don’t want to play, but it also keeps the randomization aspect of it so certain maps don’t get too overplayed. I’m all for veto over random.

In this game, the Vote/Veto system is best for Action Sack where you’re choosing between different game types. Having more maps would solve issues with Arena.

I think random is the best option

Yes

No

No.

Random is better, if it comes to the veto system you get stuck playing on the same maps over and over. I like variety, not EVERYBODY ELSES favorite.

> 2533274799476365;9:
> No.
>
> Random is better, if it comes to the veto system you get stuck playing on the same maps over and over. I like variety, not EVERYBODY ELSES favorite.

No VOTING systems do this. Veto still has the system pick any random available game type.

Voting is terrible, veto is great.

#TeamVeto

There are positives and negatives:

Positives - slightly more player agency in what gets played, can avoid unfavourable matchups, can try to veto something if it happens to come up in a row too many times.
Negatives - Lose a bit of playlist diversity because there are clear favourites, favourites then get overplayed and lose their lustre faster. Players also gain a little bit of perceived entitlement which leads to some behavioural problems. Full teams have full veto power over non-party teams.

It’s a bit of much of a muchness - but I much prefer just having the game pick a map and mode from the pool. Then there’s no whinging, no quitting if the veto doesn’t go through - getting into a match is slightly faster - I prefer to just get on with it.

I wouldn’t be able to veto DMR Swat on Mercy fast enough.

Veto helps with playlist management too. “Wow when this map/game type shows up first it gets vetoed 70% of the time”.

> 2533274798578400;13:
> Veto helps with playlist management too. “Wow when this map/game type shows up first it gets vetoed 70% of the time”.

In a perfect world… 343 would be like “Our tracking shows that Mercy is getting vetoed 90% of the time it comes up. Maybe we should reduce it’s frequency from being like 1 in 3 games to like 1 in 6 games.” Have they stopped making new maps? I get it if they’re working on Halo 6, but shouldn’t it be easy to rotate in older maps? Honestly I wish I could play swat on a warzone map.

I’m fine with the current system in Halo 5 and would be too for future Halo games… but I’d be perfectly ok with the veto system coming back for future titles as well.

I just never, ever, EVER! Want to see the voting system back. God that system was horrible!!

Anything that leads to players influencing map/gametype selection detracts from the multiplayer experience. That includes both voting and veto systems.

Automated and weighted rotation is without a doubt the way to go imo.

> 2533274803493024;16:
> Anything that leads to players influencing map/gametype selection detracts from the multiplayer experience. That includes both voting and veto systems.
>
> Automated and weighted rotation is without a doubt the way to go imo.

I agree, if voting/veto were in place then we would always be playing on the same 2 maps. That gets very old after a while.

Too late in the game cycle to put something like this in. Would have to be foundational to the construct of matchmaking

halo reachs one is the best
so yes

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I would rather keep random order. Whether it is veto or voting it leads to playing the same maps more often than the way it is now.

I do agree with you. But only if there are enough maps to filter through the random cycle. Warzone only started out with 3 maps, and they weren’t designed especially well. If there are enough maps (that are at least decent if not good) then it would still just be frustrating.