The Unofficial Halo 4 Map Request Thread

Hello!

Let us start:

1. Every Halo game has had a take of its own on the classic double based green canyon map. Halo 4 needs one too, hopefully one as iconic as Vallhala was to Halo 3.

2. Every Halo game has remade a map from its preceding games, I say, Halo 4 should remake Sand Trap and its heavy version. That was surely the best BTB map in Halo 3.

3. Make the maps varied again! Have a snowy map, a desert map, a forest map, a facility map, a city map… whatever! And don’t add the maps into campaign, it makes it look cheap.

4. More small maps please, there was a lack of them in Halo: Reach.

5. There is no need for Invasion. The idea that you have to specially tailor a map to gametype really wasted valuable time.

6. More Forge maps, less Forged maps.

So basically, the Maps are:

• Canyon Map
  • Sand Trap Remake
  • Snowy Map
  • Small Map
  • Small Map
  • Small Map
  • City Map
  • Forge Map- 2 variants
  • Forge World Map- 3 variants
  • Forge Map- 2 variants

OK, I’ll be adding some community ideas for what these Maps could be specifically, and what they would be called. Thank you!

No remakes, the Blood Gulch idea is old at this point, and we need a lot of good small maps.

Avalanche please :slight_smile:

I really do agree with the Invasion thing. Does anyone remember how bad BTB was before the May Playlist Update?

> No remakes, the Blood Gulch idea is old at this point, and we need a lot of good small maps.

Yes, a lot of good symmetrical small/medium sized maps.

I hope they scratch all the remakes, just make new maps. Then they can worry about a Halo Classic Map Pack.

It should have Forerunner maps. Something like Citadel, possibly expanded for BTB would be fun.

No remakes unless they definitely work. I’d hate for it to turn out like hemorrhage where it just isn’t fun with anything. Sandtrap was one of my favorite maps, but still.

Also, there were too many small maps in Reach. We need like Halo 3 where it’s mainly big maps with only a few small yet extremely fun maps.

> No remakes unless they definitely work. I’d hate for it to turn out like hemorrhage where it just isn’t fun with anything. Sandtrap was one of my favorite maps, but still.
>
> Also, there were too many small maps in Reach. We need like Halo 3 where it’s mainly big maps with only a few small yet extremely fun maps.

One of the main complaints about Halo 3 was that there were not enough small arena style maps. In Reach it’s quite the opposite. Let’s just hope that our hardworking friends over at 343i will be able to satisfy both parties.

Asymmetrical maps like H3 The Pit and Narrows and Reach map Countdown.
Great balanced maps like Guardian.

Dont make them like Reach maps .
This was a big dissapointment.
The only good maps are Countdown and Zealot was ok.