The unofficial Firefight Fail/Rant/Rage Thread

Oh 343 how I get tired of your cheapness. So tell me how do you expect anyone to kill a legendary grunt goblin followed by two mythic hunters. Both guarded by walls of Prometheans. With a wraith ultra, normal wraith, Phaeton, at least two banshees, and a wasp how did it take us 3 minutes to kill the 1st boss while laying constant fire on it? So with 2 minutes left and only half of those previously mentioned vehicles still operational. You want us to kill two mythic hunters? Maybe if they weren’t in a cave with 30+ aimbot crawlers, and 4+ Soldier operated ghosts outside to splatter anyone who dares bring heavy weaponry. Tell me 343… Why? This… This is what you wanted? After everything you’ve done… Everything you’ve compromised… Tell me… Was it worth it?

You give me Hemeroids 343… Would you please stop?

They really do need to fix the few ridiculous (and realistically unbeatable) objectives they have scattered in the gametype. Other than that, FF is pretty decent.

I only played that round once before the update and we beat it right as the timer ran out. I’d imagine it doesn’t have a very high win rate.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> I only played that round once before the update and we beat it right as the timer ran out. I’d imagine it doesn’t have a very high win rate.

My Phaeton could’ve hit the hunters with heavy bombardment, but the ghosts teamed up on me. One was an ultra…

I’d be okay with them being bullet sponges if they would at least lower their damage, it’s outrageous. Brand new scorpion got hit with a 1-2 second stream of plasma from a Phantom side gunner and it was instantly up in flames (a Corp Scoprion with Wheelman too). That is overboard. I mean seriously? My tank cant take 2 seconds of fire from the side gunner without getting wasted? I could even put up with the near perfect accuracy if they would just lower the damage a bit

Knocked this one out of the park yesterday with randoms. I was in a scorpion and my teammates all called in some vehicles. Think we had 2 scorpions, a mantis, and a wraith by the time we rolled up on the cave.

Funny I just did that one. All it took were a couple of wraiths and some tanks. I use wraiths because they are much more maneuverable than a scorpion tank, so hiding behind a rock from the needler missles is much easier. Ultra for maximum damage. Using the temple wraith is more of a luxury. Hunters at the end of it are so easy to kill. I just like to sit there, and farm the hell out of the crawlers for fun.
For Urban fighting 2 knights and 2 warden eternals, I put myself at home base with a scorpion tank, and took out the 2 ultra wraiths first because they are the ones killing everybody. Then I focused on the second warden (the one next to home base). Team usually takes down the first one quickly and then focuses on the one I’m fighting. Usually a close win but still effective.

Are we talking Pipup on the beach?
Man, those Knights respawning as soon as too many were dead.
Atleast I got some knight kill commendations.

It feels as if FF was too hastily put together in a lot of areas.

Welllll… at least they lowered the number of Knights with the update. It can be done. With all the ghosts around, I would’ve just called in a heavy vehicle. I don’t use heavy weapons late in the game, unless I’m sure I wont die quickly and keep a safe distance from BS, or I don’t have time to call a ground vehicle in.

> 2533274821174589;9:
> Welllll… at least they lowered the number of Knights with the update. It can be done. With all the ghosts around, I would’ve just called in a heavy vehicle. I don’t use heavy weapons late in the game, unless I’m sure I wont die quickly and keep a safe distance from BS, or I don’t have time to call a ground vehicle in.

The issue was that I only had req energy up to 4 by the time it 5 for a wraith we would have 1 minute to even reach the bosses.

Maybe there should be a firefight turbo. it’d be great to pop grunts off round 1 with a banshee xD

All four ghosts that spawns are ultras. Meaning they can take two direct hits from any of the mid tier Scorpions to destroy and they can do a lot of damage before those rounds can hit (IE burn through any players on foot.)
But really, if you can drop the Grunty -Yoink- fast enough and you have a few high end tanks quickly move to the cave entrance and just shoot into the hunters… you have a chance.

That being said, I’ve only ever won this particular round Once and it was right at the buzzer. The other time we got close, one round from my tank is all it would have taken to drop the final hunter but nope… lost it at the buzzer.

Seriously, 343i needs to put in Overtime for Kill Objectives. It’s so pathetically annoying to lose when one more shot would have made a difference.

> 2696128169794517;12:
> All four ghosts that spawns are ultras. Meaning they can take two direct hits from any of the mid tier Scorpions to destroy and they can do a lot of damage before those rounds can hit (IE burn through any players on foot.)
> But really, if you can drop the Grunty -Yoink- fast enough and you have a few high end tanks quickly move to the cave entrance and just shoot into the hunters… you have a chance.
>
> That being said, I’ve only ever won this particular round Once and it was right at the buzzer. The other time we got close, one round from my tank is all it would have taken to drop the final hunter but nope… lost it at the buzzer.
>
> Seriously, 343i needs to put in Overtime for Kill Objectives. It’s so pathetically annoying to lose when one more shot would have made a difference.

Yeah the 4 mantis bosses on sanctum lost a game for me, I literally killed the final one iwhen the timer hit zero even got the takedown, but 343 said"GG you still lose though."

> 2696128169794517;12:
> Seriously, 343i needs to put in Overtime for Kill Objectives. It’s so pathetically annoying to lose when one more shot would have made a difference.

Overtime in general would be perfect for WZFF, make it so that any deaths after the timer runs out are “permanent” for that round, any players still waiting to spawn when overtime starts will spawn but if all members die it’s game over, maybe have a timer on overtime as well though to keep people from just hiding and dragging on the match.

> 2533274818508074;5:
> I’d be okay with them being bullet sponges if they would at least lower their damage, it’s outrageous. Brand new scorpion got hit with a 1-2 second stream of plasma from a Phantom side gunner and it was instantly up in flames (a Corp Scoprion with Wheelman too). That is overboard. I mean seriously? My tank cant take 2 seconds of fire from the side gunner without getting wasted? I could even put up with the near perfect accuracy if they would just lower the damage a bit

The phatom’s detachable side turrets on any map/version of warzone NEED to be nerfed. I don’t understand why they do so much damage and you can’t even kill or detach the turret, nor can you kill the phantom in most cases.

> 2533274876083867;1:
> Oh 343 how I get tired of your cheapness. So tell me how do you expect anyone to kill a legendary grunt goblin followed by two mythic hunters. Both guarded by walls of Prometheans. With a wraith ultra, normal wraith, Phaeton, at least two banshees, and a wasp how did it take us 3 minutes to kill the 1st boss while laying constant fire on it? So with 2 minutes left and only half of those previously mentioned vehicles still operational. You want us to kill two mythic hunters? Maybe if they weren’t in a cave with 30+ aimbot crawlers, and 4+ Soldier operated ghosts outside to splatter anyone who dares bring heavy weaponry. Tell me 343… Why? This… This is what you wanted? After everything you’ve done… Everything you’ve compromised… Tell me… Was it worth it?
>
> You give me Hemeroids 343… Would you please stop?

Literally when this comes up put down your controller and prepare for the next match.

> 2535434873624637;15:
> > 2533274818508074;5:
> > I’d be okay with them being bullet sponges if they would at least lower their damage, it’s outrageous. Brand new scorpion got hit with a 1-2 second stream of plasma from a Phantom side gunner and it was instantly up in flames (a Corp Scoprion with Wheelman too). That is overboard. I mean seriously? My tank cant take 2 seconds of fire from the side gunner without getting wasted? I could even put up with the near perfect accuracy if they would just lower the damage a bit
>
>
> The phatom’s detachable side turrets on any map/version of warzone NEED to be nerfed. I don’t understand why they do so much damage and you can’t even kill or detach the turret, nor can you kill the phantom in most cases.

Phantoms themselves need a damage/accuracy nerf as well.

> 2696128169794517;12:
> All four ghosts that spawns are ultras. Meaning they can take two direct hits from any of the mid tier Scorpions to destroy and they can do a lot of damage before those rounds can hit (IE burn through any players on foot.)
> But really, if you can drop the Grunty -Yoink- fast enough and you have a few high end tanks quickly move to the cave entrance and just shoot into the hunters… you have a chance.
>
> That being said, I’ve only ever won this particular round Once and it was right at the buzzer. The other time we got close, one round from my tank is all it would have taken to drop the final hunter but nope… lost it at the buzzer.
>

I don’t really have anything to say except you have a cool name. :wink:

I am the only one who catch the masterchief live action trailer reference?And nice reference man.

> 2533274969360250;18:
> > 2696128169794517;12:
> > All four ghosts that spawns are ultras. Meaning they can take two direct hits from any of the mid tier Scorpions to destroy and they can do a lot of damage before those rounds can hit (IE burn through any players on foot.)
> > But really, if you can drop the Grunty -Yoink- fast enough and you have a few high end tanks quickly move to the cave entrance and just shoot into the hunters… you have a chance.
> >
> > That being said, I’ve only ever won this particular round Once and it was right at the buzzer. The other time we got close, one round from my tank is all it would have taken to drop the final hunter but nope… lost it at the buzzer.
> >
> > Seriously, 343i needs to put in Overtime for Kill Objectives. It’s so pathetically annoying to lose when one more shot would have made a difference.
>
>
> I don’t really have anything to say except you have a cool name. :wink:

Who copied who?