The Unofficial "BAREBONES" Feedback Thread

Note. Sarcastic and nonconstructive post will be ignored. If you have nothing constructive to say and pull the horrible and irrelevant Halo 3.5 elitist card, Do not bother.

EDIT: This is NOT an attempt to make Halo 4 emulate Halo’s 1-3. This is to make the best possible gametypes to reflect the core of Halo gameplay. Guns, grenades, and melee. It has nothing to do with any of the old games! So get over it!

These are my personal concerns about Halo 4’s bare bones playlist. First off, I will not play anything new. I do not care to. So if you’re here to argue with me about my concerns being implemented into vanilla Halo 4, have fun playing infinity slayer. I do not care what they do because you will not see me playing that it. So don’t worry.

This list will be more of a blue print for the wonderful people at 343 to understand what you bare bones/competitive/hardcore/whatever we are, want in this play list.

#1. Sprint.

Now, anybody looking to play in this old school playlist most likely gets a bad taste in their mouth when they have absolutes sprint behind a wall and there is little to nothing they can do. Players looking for a hardcore experience will NOT want sprint in this playlist. Hopefully sprint IS removable from certain gametypes. This would be one of them. If we want a speed boost, just kick the base player speed to 110-120%. This will ensure smart map movement is rewarded and poor map positioning is punished.

#2. No loadouts.

The title says it all. Team BR’s and Team DMR’s. Make it a veto option. DMR or BR starts. No BS, everybody starts off with the same weapon. The better players will win the fights and earn the spoils of war.

#3. Weapon spawns.

Now this is the most important and we still have no information on this. We want weapons on the map with set timers. As old school as it gets. Problem is, I don’t know if this game will support this feature. But please, no ordinance drops. Just fair and and equal weapon spawns on the map. Rockets, BR’s, Carbines, scatter shots, even saws. ( The ACTUAL useful AR by the way. )

#4. Maps.

DO NOT make this playlist full of forge maps. A few maps in forge would be cool. CoughLockoutcough But just let us play on the default maps. But nothing like longbow where it’s going to be HUGE maps full of nothing but vehicle spam. Haven, Adrift, and whatever else you guys have up your sleeve. We are fine with them if they are setup correctly with the gametypes. Again, weapon spawns must be fair and thought out in great care and detail.

#5. Gametypes.

Slayer is a given with this. But don’t make this playlist just boring ol slayer, or even worse, splitting slayer and objective in two playlist. That is a no no. Bring in a good healthy amount of objective. Again, this must be thought out in every detail. CTF on Haven would be amazing, but weapon layouts and timers should be different from slayer to CTF. King of the hill on adrift is pretty much ideal. oddball on lockout, So on a so fourth.

At the moment, that is all I got.

These are just my two cents on what this playlist needs to be in order to appeal to those attracted to this playlist.

Anybody who wants to add to this, please do. If you have good feedback and is approved by other on the forums, it will be posted in the reserved areas.

EDIT: Also, there is no list for Armor abilities and specializations because it has already been confirmed that there is NOT going to be in said playlist.

#6. Power ups.

Bring em back. Good old camo, Overshield. Hell, even speed boost if done correctly. Again, there must be great care when placing them on the map though. It must be put somewhere smart where teams MUST work together to earn it.

#7. Fast kill times.
Now this is something the hardcore community must come together and make a vote for. Br ( if it does not get buffed ) altered into a 4sk and other weapons getting traits altered and polished via damage and resistant traits in the variant options. But this is also some Halo 4 as a whole must have in order to be achieved. If aiming in Halo 4 is hard, then it will be a no brainier. Skill will shine and it will leave new players with a desire to improve their game. Again, this depends on vanilla Halo 4. There is a positive to this as well. Friendships between the good players and the new players will be made. New players will help others wanting to improve their gameplay and will become close. That’s how I met a lot of my friends back in the day, and we still player together years later. Everybody wins.

Just an extra. I think everybody would be happy with this.
Posted by: live on Ohara

> No sprint, DMR/AR and BR/AR starts, static weapon spawns, powerups on map, no AA’s, no tactical packages, no specializations, no armor mods, party restrictions and I would never leave that playlist. However I think we need to see how some of these new weapons can cope in this environment. I’d love to see the Light rifle, Scattershot, SAW and all those other things as pseudo-powerweapons.

Reserved.

Reserved

some guns… maybe some vehicles

Classic Gametypes should feel as close to Halo CE and Halo 2 as it can get. Those two games are the Classics.

> some guns… maybe some vehicles

Thanks, Captain obvious! :smiley:

this is defiantly official… not. and really reserved spots lol wow

anyways its the only playlist ill be playing thats for sure. well 90% of the time at least

but anyways i think BR should be 4 shot, AR should be like 42 mag, pistol should be 5 shot. speed could be 110% default halo 4 speed. and ofc no armor abilities or perks or loadouts

lookin fowaard to it hope its good

Double post

> > Classic Gametypes should feel as close to Halo CE and Halo 2 as it can get. Those two games are the Classics.
>
> As much as I would like that, it’s never going to happen. We need to take what we CAN get and make it the best it CAN be.

If it’s still possible how about we make Armor Abilities available only for pick-ups just as reach did alongside power ups. We restrict them only if they are balanced and not too game breaking.

also how sweet would it be if it was cut off kinda like ranked and social in H3 and even had its own 50 ranking system

Slayer
Team Slayer
Team objective

Classic shouldn’t try to emulate the older games, it should still try to feel like Halo 4, and not a cheap rip-off of Halo 3.

All we really need are just no loadouts at all, with player traits matching the older games. Things like picking Grenades up off dead bodies.

I’m okay with Sprint, and I agree with everything else in the OP.

> If it’s still possible how about we make Armor Abilities available only for pick-ups just as reach did alongside power ups. We restrict them only if they are balanced and not too game breaking.

Ah you just reminded me about power ups. I need to make a list for that. Also, I would rather have good ol camo and overshield back. That’s kind of the point of a “Classic” playlist is it not? to go back to the roots? But that’s just me. Jetpack was the only AA that worked as a pickup though. The others still sucked. But that’s just me.

> Classic shouldn’t try to emulate the older games, it should still try to feel like Halo 4, and not a cheap rip-off of Halo 3.
>
> All we really need are just no loadouts at all, with player traits matching the older games. Things like picking Grenades up off dead bodies.
>
> I’m okay with Sprint, and I agree with everything else in the OP.

Agreed

Try to make it “Halo 4” but not with all the new features.

> Classic shouldn’t try to emulate the older games, it should still try to feel like Halo 4, and not a cheap rip-off of Halo 3.
>
> All we really need are just no loadouts at all, with player traits matching the older games. Things like picking Grenades up off dead bodies.
>
> I’m okay with Sprint, and I agree with everything else in the OP.

That’s my point. If you scroll up a bit, you will see somebody say that Halo 4’s classic playlist must feel like older games. But there is no way it will ever feel like CE or 2. But that does not mean we can not get the best Halo 4 experience possible in an old school setting. Feeling familiar yet fresh. Just like Halo 2 and 3 did.

> > Classic shouldn’t try to emulate the older games, it should still try to feel like Halo 4, and not a cheap rip-off of Halo 3.
> >
> > All we really need are just no loadouts at all, with player traits matching the older games. Things like picking Grenades up off dead bodies.
> >
> > I’m okay with Sprint, and I agree with everything else in the OP.
>
> That’s my point. If you scroll up a bit, you will see somebody say that Halo 4’s classic playlist must feel like older games. But there is no way it will ever feel like CE or 2. But that does not mean we can not get the best Halo 4 experience possible in an old school setting. Feeling familiar yet fresh. Just like Halo 2 and 3 did.

What I had in mind was something like the MLG settings in Reach. They felt classic, but were not directly imitating previous games.

> As much as I would like that, it’s never going to happen. We need to take what we CAN get and make it the best it CAN be.

What is the point of having a Classic Playlist then? Those are the only Halo games that are truly “Classic.”

Halo 3 is still playable on XBL. While it has many of the same features as Halo CE and Halo 2. It was the first to introduce equipment which pulled away from the classic arena style shooter.

This is just MY OPINION.

> > > Classic shouldn’t try to emulate the older games, it should still try to feel like Halo 4, and not a cheap rip-off of Halo 3.
> > >
> > > All we really need are just no loadouts at all, with player traits matching the older games. Things like picking Grenades up off dead bodies.
> > >
> > > I’m okay with Sprint, and I agree with everything else in the OP.
> >
> > That’s my point. If you scroll up a bit, you will see somebody say that Halo 4’s classic playlist must feel like older games. But there is no way it will ever feel like CE or 2. But that does not mean we can not get the best Halo 4 experience possible in an old school setting. Feeling familiar yet fresh. Just like Halo 2 and 3 did.
>
> What I had in mind was something like the MLG settings in Reach. They felt classic, but were not directly imitating previous games.

That’s what I want also, but it was already confirmed that AA’s are not in this playlist. But if we give them enough feedback, I’m sure it’s a possibility. But we don’t even know if we can use AA’s as pickups anymore. They need to give more info on gametypes, forge, and variant settings. Waiting is getting annoying.

> > As much as I would like that, it’s never going to happen. We need to take what we CAN get and make it the best it CAN be.
>
> What is the point of having a Classic Playlist then? Those are the only Halo games that are truly “Classic.”
>
> Halo 3 is still playable on XBL. While it has many of the same features as Halo CE and Halo 2. It was the first to introduce equipment which pulled away from the classic arena style shooter.
>
> This is just MY OPINION.

Bare bones, classic, hardcore, whatever you want to call it. It does not need to emulate the older games. Let Halo 4 be Halo 4. But let the “bare bones” playlist be it’s own thing as well. This will make everybody happy. MLG’s playlist on Reach is a good example of Reach with an oldschool twist.

> > > > Classic shouldn’t try to emulate the older games, it should still try to feel like Halo 4, and not a cheap rip-off of Halo 3.
> > > >
> > > > All we really need are just no loadouts at all, with player traits matching the older games. Things like picking Grenades up off dead bodies.
> > > >
> > > > I’m okay with Sprint, and I agree with everything else in the OP.
> > >
> > > That’s my point. If you scroll up a bit, you will see somebody say that Halo 4’s classic playlist must feel like older games. But there is no way it will ever feel like CE or 2. But that does not mean we can not get the best Halo 4 experience possible in an old school setting. Feeling familiar yet fresh. Just like Halo 2 and 3 did.
> >
> > What I had in mind was something like the MLG settings in Reach. They felt classic, but were not directly imitating previous games.
>
> That’s what I want also, but it was already confirmed that AA’s are not in this playlist. But if we give them enough feedback, I’m sure it’s a possibility. But we don’t even know if we can use AA’s as pickups anymore. They need to give more info on gametypes, forge, and variant settings. Waiting is getting annoying.

I would have no issue with not having AAs. While it would be nice to have a Thruster Pack pickup, the default powerups we have are already great. I just hope to see some Damage/Speed Boosts on the map along with Overshields and Camo.