The un-official Halo Wars future add-on thread.

Well, Halo Wars is getting nicely updated so I think I will use this time of updates to give me ideas on additions to Halo wars through Title Updates and for add-ons to the game.

1. 4v4 game-modes and maps- I think a 4v4 map pack would be fun and a great update for the game.

2. Another cool feature is to use Fort Deen in the 2v2 and 1v1 map playlist.

3. I was thinking about some form of FF game-mode that spawns AI Flood, humans, or covenant around the map and the players (1-6 player teams) have to survive the waves of constant AI enemies. They have no base also, they are dropped of and the game is only ended by a timer. >:)

Any one else have any recomendations?

Please discuss and thank you.

> Well, Halo Wars is getting nicely updated so I think I will use this time of updates to give me ideas on additions to Halo wars through Title Updates and for add-ons to the game.
>
> 1. 4v4 game-modes and maps- I think a 4v4 map pack would be fun and a great update for the game.
>
> 2. Another cool feature is to use Fort Deen in the 2v2 and 1v1 map playlist.
>
> 3. I was thinking about some form of FF game-mode that spawns AI Flood, humans, or covenant around the map and the players (1-6 player teams) have to survive the waves of constant AI enemies. They have no base also, they are dropped of and the game is only ended by a timer. >:)
>
> Any one else have any recomendations?
>
> Please discuss and thank you.

1. they would have to do too much to implement this, they may as well make a whole new game… and what would you do if 4 players rushed 1 guy? -insta-resign? lol

2. that would be limited for matchmaking. you can do it in a private match tho. but its way too big for 1v1 or 2v2 anyway.

3. once again they would have to do too much to implement this, they may as well make a whole new game… best idea of the 3 tho.

> Well, Halo Wars is getting nicely updated so I think I will use this time of updates to give me ideas on additions to Halo wars through Title Updates and for add-ons to the game.
>
> 1. 4v4 game-modes and maps- I think a 4v4 map pack would be fun and a great update for the game.
>
> 2. Another cool feature is to use Fort Deen in the 2v2 and 1v1 map playlist.
>
> 3. I was thinking about some form of FF game-mode that spawns AI Flood, humans, or covenant around the map and the players (1-6 player teams) have to survive the waves of constant AI enemies. They have no base also, they are dropped of and the game is only ended by a timer. >:)
>
> Any one else have any recomendations?
>
> Please discuss and thank you.

To be honest, the development of any new dlc seems unlikely especially considering halo wars was released in 2009. Dlc would be nice though, although not sure about 4v4 game modes/maps it’d be too chaotic and the games whould probably end up going on pretty much forever since two evenly matched 3v3 teams can easily have a 2-3 hour match untill someone manages to break the stalemate.

It would be nice to see fort Deen in the 2v2 play-list but i think it’s possibly to large for 1v1’s

A survival mode would be interesting, but how would you actually make it difficult? since the A.I units arn’t particularly strong or well co-ordinated. Skirmish against A.I only gets any difficult at around Automatic 150-160 range and thats only because enemy units have 50% health and damage boost over yours.

A thought i entertained a while ago was, you see how the players share control a base in campaign. what if you had an online multiplayer game mode where the each team had one starting base with 2-3 players sharing it and the resource income ect, you’d probably have to make the bases bigger say maybe 10-12 build slots fully upgraded but it’d fun no? the only real issue i can see is you’d probably have to make it so the team has to be all UNSC or all Human but the different leaders would be fine.

Halo Wars doesn’t have a high enough population for a full blown title update of that magnitude. I’d love to see those features for a Halo Wars 2 though.

> Halo Wars doesn’t have a high enough population for a full blown title update of that magnitude. I’d love to see those features for a Halo Wars 2 though.

Probably but some ideas for Halo wars 2 atleast.

I think a veto system, replay mode and map editor would be great additions. You know, to keep up with times.