The Ultimate Halo 5 Wish List

Hello everyone it’s great to be back on the forums. I know, just what we need, another wish list. I know I could’ve just posted my ideas on another thread but I think some of my ideas, and some that I borrowed from others deserve to be on the top of a new thread. I also plan on posting more of my ideas and others over time just as long as work doesn’t get in the way too much. Halo is an amazing game as you all know and has been amazing for almost 12 years. But what makes Halo great? Well its different for everyone, but I think we can all agree that what made Halo great in the original trilogy was being different, and it needs to stay different. Its been said over and over and I think 343 is finally starting to get it. Now there’s going to be people saying that the original Halo formula is old and that Halo needs to change, and I think they’re wrong. Halo doesn’t need to change, it just needs to add things to the formula that evolve the game but without actually changing what Halo truly is, and that is an arena shooter. Halo 5 will be on a new console with new tech so 343 you need to use that tech to bring Halo back to the top. I am going to share some big ideas, and some little things to add to Halo that will make Halo better and feel fresh without changing the basic roots of the game. But before I start I just want to say that not all of these are my ideas and that I don’t want to take any credit for someone else’s idea.

The Little Things (All Game Modes):

1. Vehicles only take damage where shot or hit
  2. Bullet holes on players where they are shot and burn marks from plasma weapons
  3. Human vehicles leave tire and track marks
  4. Warthogs and mongooses spin tires when accelerating fast
  5. Bodies and weapons never vanish or take a very long time
  6. Return descoping
  7. More of a shield flash on the armor when taking damage
  8. Less bright colors for armor
  9. Only more promethean weapons and vehicles, we have enough human and covie
  10. Weapon Balance (obviously)
  11. Return of the SMG
  12. Return either Falcon or Hornet, or both

The Big Things (All Game Modes):

1. Dedicated Servers (already confirmed)
  2. 60 FPS (already confirmed)
  3. Destructible environments- Now just to clarify this, I don’t mean like BF3 where almost everything can be destroyed, and maps can be flattened. All I mean is for buildings to take damage and for that damage to stay there. Pieces of buildings and objects should break apart, but not actually be destroyed, thus not destroying map flow. Plasma weapons should leave burn marks on buildings, and the ground, and grenades, rockets, and tank shells should leave small craters in the ground.
  4. Raise the maximum player count in MP, possibly campaign.
  5. Add in Beast game mode- similar to Gears of War beast mode. Players can choose human, covie, forunner, or flood.

The Little Things Campaign:

1. English speaking Covies
  2. Marines that swear more- this doesn’t have to mean f bombs every 5 seconds just a few swears every once and a while just to make them more like actual soldiers would be (I mean Halo is rated M)
  3. More blood and gore. Halo CE had lots of it and it was great, I mean who doesn’t like lots of blood flying out of your enemies.
  4. Better voice actors- If there is one thing that COD does right in its campaign mode it’s having good voice actors. The main roles in Halo are good I just want the marines to be more serious and yell a lot more to get you pumped while blasting covies.

The Big Things Campaign:

1. Smarter Ally A.I- Ok I think it’s safe to say we’ve all had an issue with this. Marines have to be a lot smarter and actually kill some elites, Spartan 4’s should kill even more and be able to take a lot of hits, and if Fred, Linda, and Kelly appear they should be able to really kick -Yoink!-.
  2. Smarter enemy A.I- Halo 4 was a joke regarding the enemy difficulty. I mean elites would stand still and let you shoot them 3 times before moving. Enemies should be able to pin you and your teammates down by continually suppressing your position and moving up in the process. Legendary should be a b**** to beat by yourself.
  3. More enemy and ally A.I- This is Halo, and I want some battles like we had in Halo CE. Large amount of enemies in open areas, and you have you and a bunch of marines (that can actually kill enemies). Large battles make missions fun, and makes people return to play the campaign.
  4. More vehicle based missions- I don’t know about you guys but for me the most fun missions in the Halo games were ones with lots of vehicle combat; like the Ark, the covenant, and Quarantine zone.
  5. Different based missions- Each mission should have its own unique feeling to it, a stealth mission, a sniper mission, vehicle based mission, and a warthog run mission.
  6. Scarab battles or large forunner machine
  7. Return duel wielding for campaign
  8. Return of drones
  9. If flood returns make them more terrifying and more difficult. Have them drive human vehicles again, and make them come out of nowhere.
  10. Add more easter eggs, glitches, skulls, and secret weapons
  11. Longer Campaign

Multiplayer:
(All Game Types)

1. Return Halo back to an arena shooter. Even starts and weapons on map.
  2. More maps from launch- Halo 5 needs to ship with more symmetrical maps based for 4vs4 games. Maps need to be balanced, and each have their own setting. Look at Halo 2 for reference.
  3. Remove personal and map ordnance- Personal ordnance was the worst thing Halo 4 added IMO because it created the huge imbalance in the game and added absolutely nothing to Halo but give everyone a power weapon. A big part of Halo was to remember where the power weapons were on a map, and to fight to get them.
  4. Remove other gimmicks like loadouts and AA’s.
  5. Focal point on classic Halo- If 343, you feel the need to create more casual playlists with AA’s, and loadouts they should be the minority playlists. Might I recommend though returning a single use equipment that you can spawn with rather than AA’s. AA’s make gameplay less about the golden triangle and more on how you can use your AA to win a fight and that just shouldn’t be. If equipment was like a grenade that could help you really only once I think it would be better, however they would not be in competitive playlists. Jetpack would have a set amount of fuel. Active camo would be a short use like the Halo 3 equipment. Deployable cover would be the same as Halo 3. Regenerator, same as Halo 3. Powerdrain same as Halo 3. Hologram could shoot out 3 holograms that all do different things. Auto-sentry unchanged. Flare unchanged. Radar Jammar unchanged. Trip mine unchanged. No bubble shield.
  6. Ranked and social playlists
  7. 1-50 visible ranking system with real ranks. Only visible in ranked playlists.
  8. More realistic armor that actually have eye holes.
  9. Return all Halo gametypes even the bad ones like headhunter and make every game mode super customizable.
  10. Nerf AR slightly ( I think its just a bid to OP, it has to much range I think)
  11. Bring back Elites
  12. Bring back old vehicles and weapons like all the brute weapons, who cares if it doesn’t fit the story Multiplayer should have nothing to do with the story.

Ranked Slayer:

1. No JIP
  2. AR or BR starts only
  3. Mostly symmetrical maps
  4. No ordnance, loadouts, no AA’s or equipment
  5. No instant respawn
  6. No weapon locations on HUD.
  7. No sprint
  8. No kill cams

Big Team

1. No loadouts, ordnance, and instant respawn
  2. Raise player count to minimum 24 players.
  3. Drivable Pelicans, and phantoms
  4. Add in Objective game types again
  5. Add Invasion
  6. More open maps like sandtrap, blood gulch, and relic.
  7. Still have areas where infantry can fight
  8. No skill based ranking
  9. More symmetrical maps
  10. Much larger maps like Sandtrap

Flood/Infection

1. Flood can hold weapons
  2. Give the flood their original creepy sounds
  3. Option to switch Flood models into regular human models
  4. Survivors use their custom colors
  5. Flood can drive vehicles in custom games options
  6. Use player submitted maps early on

Forge

1. Halo 5 will be on the Xbox one with new tech so there is no reason Forge can not become a map creator like Far Cry. I mean really Far Cry on the original xbox had a campaign, online multiplayer, and a map creator so why cant a game 10 years newer and two consoles later have one. Its about time Halo gets one.
  2. Still be able to edit maps that come on the disc.
  3. Give us the pieces to allow us to make almost all classic Halo maps
  4. Switch the terrain from grass, snow, city, and sand
  5. Group pieces together and than duplicate them.
  6. Different piece types: Human city, Human military, covenant, forunner, desert
  7. Different time of day
  8. Different weather
  9. The ability to place dead bodies, and destroyed vehicles
  10. The ability to place any previous Halo weapon, and vehicle.
  11. Working buttons

Custom Games:

1. Take Halo 3’s customization and add from that
  2. Custom traits for weapons, vehicles, and AA’s/equipment
  3. Return all game types
  4. Ability to shut off sprint
  5. Return all weapons and vehicles
  6. Every game type has every little thing customizable

Well I hope you enjoyed my wish list that’s all I can think of on the top of my head. Give me some of your ideas in this thread and if I like them ill post them up and ill put your username in brackets or something. Thanks for reading and be sure to keep posting in here so 343 will read it. Peace.

This sounds awesome.

> This sounds awesome.

I hope that wasn’t sarcasm lol

An excellent post. However, you have omitted the single worst problem of the Halo franchise. The community.

While this is not something 343i can fix directly, they can ensure its eventual emergence by tweaking certain aspects of the game.

-The betrayal booting system is still not what it used to be. Reach had it bad, and Halo 4 only slightly improved it. It really shouldn’t be this hard to write some algorithms to distinguish between accidental and purposeful betrayals.

-Quitting is a rampant problem, obviously. Since these forums have plenty of proposed solutions, I hesitate to outline one here. However, it goes without saying that 343i needs to find some way to deal with this problem.

-Matchmaking still does a poor job at producing teams of approximate skill. Despite CSR, TrueSkill, and whatever else they claim to be doing, most games are still drastically one-sided. The return of matchmaking filters would be a fantastic start.

-The in-game service record discourages team playing. Despite all of their claims that CTF, KotH, and other objective gametypes would focus on those objectives, the service record still displays K/D and omits objective gametype statistics. As odd as it may sound, the removal of K/D from the in-game stats would allow players to focus much more on fun, and much less on their skill.

343i can add all the cool multiplayer features they want, but a better community is the key factor upon which the success of the game rests. They should be placing their primary efforts on improving the community.

> The Little Things (All Game Modes):
>
> 1. Vehicles only take damage where shot or hit
> 2. Bullet holes on players where they are shot and burn marks from plasma weapons
> 3. Human vehicles leave tire and track marks
> 4. Warthogs and mongooses spin tires when accelerating fast
> 5. Bodies and weapons never vanish or take a very long time
> 6. Return descoping
> 7. More of a shield flash on the armor when taking damage
> 8. Less bright colors for armor
> 9. Only more promethean weapons and vehicles, we have enough human and covie
> 10. Weapon Balance (obviously)
> 11. Return of the SMG
> 12. Return either Falcon or Hornet, or both

1. I presume you mean not ‘creating’ new UNSC/covy vehicles but to include existing vehicles that weren’t included in Halo 4 (12).

> The Big Things (All Game Modes):
> 1. Dedicated Servers (already confirmed)
> 2. 60 FPS (already confirmed)
> 3. Destructible environments- Now just to clarify this, I don’t mean like BF3 where almost everything can be destroyed, and maps can be flattened. All I mean is for buildings to take damage and for that damage to stay there. Pieces of buildings and objects should break apart, but not actually be destroyed, thus not destroying map flow. Plasma weapons should leave burn marks on buildings, and the ground, and grenades, rockets, and tank shells should leave small craters in the ground.
> 4. Raise the maximum player count in MP, possibly campaign.
> 5. Add in Beast game mode- similar to Gears of War beast mode. Players can choose human, covie, forunner, or flood.

1. MP = YES!, Campaign? = NO!

> The Little Things Campaign:
>
> 1. English speaking Covies
> 2. Marines that swear more- this doesn’t have to mean f bombs every 5 seconds just a few swears every once and a while just to make them more like actual soldiers would be (I mean Halo is rated M)
> 3. More blood and gore. Halo CE had lots of it and it was great, I mean who doesn’t like lots of blood flying out of your enemies.
> 4. Better voice actors- If there is one thing that COD does right in its campaign mode it’s having good voice actors. The main roles in Halo are good I just want the marines to be more serious and yell a lot more to get you pumped while blasting covies.

2,3 and 4 = YES

> The Big Things Campaign:
>
> 1. Smarter Ally A.I- Ok I think it’s safe to say we’ve all had an issue with this. Marines have to be a lot smarter and actually kill some elites, Spartan 4’s should kill even more and be able to take a lot of hits, and if Fred, Linda, and Kelly appear they should be able to really kick -Yoink!-.
> 2. Smarter enemy A.I- Halo 4 was a joke regarding the enemy difficulty. I mean elites would stand still and let you shoot them 3 times before moving. Enemies should be able to pin you and your teammates down by continually suppressing your position and moving up in the process. Legendary should be a b**** to beat by yourself.
> 3. More enemy and ally A.I- This is Halo, and I want some battles like we had in Halo CE. Large amount of enemies in open areas, and you have you and a bunch of marines (that can actually kill enemies). Large battles make missions fun, and makes people return to play the campaign.
> 4. More vehicle based missions- I don’t know about you guys but for me the most fun missions in the Halo games were ones with lots of vehicle combat; like the Ark, <mark>the covenant</mark>, and Quarantine zone.
> 5. Different based missions- Each mission should have its own unique feeling to it, a stealth mission, a sniper mission, vehicle based mission, and a warthog run mission.
> 6. Scarab battles or large forunner machine
> 7. Return duel wielding for campaign
> 8. Return of drones
> 9. If flood returns make them more terrifying and more difficult. Have them drive human vehicles again, and make them come out of nowhere.
> 10. Add more easter eggs, glitches, skulls, and secret weapons
> 11. Longer Campaign

1. I’m not sure that it’s so much MORE vehicle based missions (i mean, halo 4 had Mantis/Ghost/Broadsword/Pelican/Scorpion[optional] and it wasn’t too satisfying), as opposed to bigger scale battles in halo 5. You mentioned the covenant mission, indeed it is the best halo mission of all time. the mission consists of vehicle changes, mixing it up a little rather than once vehicle for a whole part of a mission. The battle also seemed quite big also.

12?.. In the Halo 5 Community Suggestion thread, we liked the idea of flashback-missions where you can play as the didact/ancient-humans or whatever through a terminal or something. They would be optional and it would allow more of the halo universe to be explored without buggering up the timeline.