Hello everyone it’s great to be back on the forums. I know, just what we need, another wish list. I know I could’ve just posted my ideas on another thread but I think some of my ideas, and some that I borrowed from others deserve to be on the top of a new thread. I also plan on posting more of my ideas and others over time just as long as work doesn’t get in the way too much. Halo is an amazing game as you all know and has been amazing for almost 12 years. But what makes Halo great? Well its different for everyone, but I think we can all agree that what made Halo great in the original trilogy was being different, and it needs to stay different. Its been said over and over and I think 343 is finally starting to get it. Now there’s going to be people saying that the original Halo formula is old and that Halo needs to change, and I think they’re wrong. Halo doesn’t need to change, it just needs to add things to the formula that evolve the game but without actually changing what Halo truly is, and that is an arena shooter. Halo 5 will be on a new console with new tech so 343 you need to use that tech to bring Halo back to the top. I am going to share some big ideas, and some little things to add to Halo that will make Halo better and feel fresh without changing the basic roots of the game. But before I start I just want to say that not all of these are my ideas and that I don’t want to take any credit for someone else’s idea.
The Little Things (All Game Modes):
- Vehicles only take damage where shot or hit
- Bullet holes on players where they are shot and burn marks from plasma weapons
- Human vehicles leave tire and track marks
- Warthogs and mongooses spin tires when accelerating fast
- Bodies and weapons never vanish or take a very long time
- Return descoping
- More of a shield flash on the armor when taking damage
- Less bright colors for armor
- Only more promethean weapons and vehicles, we have enough human and covie
- Weapon Balance (obviously)
- Return of the SMG
- Return either Falcon or Hornet, or both
The Big Things (All Game Modes):
- Dedicated Servers (already confirmed)
- 60 FPS (already confirmed)
- Destructible environments- Now just to clarify this, I don’t mean like BF3 where almost everything can be destroyed, and maps can be flattened. All I mean is for buildings to take damage and for that damage to stay there. Pieces of buildings and objects should break apart, but not actually be destroyed, thus not destroying map flow. Plasma weapons should leave burn marks on buildings, and the ground, and grenades, rockets, and tank shells should leave small craters in the ground.
- Raise the maximum player count in MP, possibly campaign.
- Add in Beast game mode- similar to Gears of War beast mode. Players can choose human, covie, forunner, or flood.
The Little Things Campaign:
- English speaking Covies
- Marines that swear more- this doesn’t have to mean f bombs every 5 seconds just a few swears every once and a while just to make them more like actual soldiers would be (I mean Halo is rated M)
- More blood and gore. Halo CE had lots of it and it was great, I mean who doesn’t like lots of blood flying out of your enemies.
- Better voice actors- If there is one thing that COD does right in its campaign mode it’s having good voice actors. The main roles in Halo are good I just want the marines to be more serious and yell a lot more to get you pumped while blasting covies.
The Big Things Campaign:
- Smarter Ally A.I- Ok I think it’s safe to say we’ve all had an issue with this. Marines have to be a lot smarter and actually kill some elites, Spartan 4’s should kill even more and be able to take a lot of hits, and if Fred, Linda, and Kelly appear they should be able to really kick -Yoink!-.
- Smarter enemy A.I- Halo 4 was a joke regarding the enemy difficulty. I mean elites would stand still and let you shoot them 3 times before moving. Enemies should be able to pin you and your teammates down by continually suppressing your position and moving up in the process. Legendary should be a b**** to beat by yourself.
- More enemy and ally A.I- This is Halo, and I want some battles like we had in Halo CE. Large amount of enemies in open areas, and you have you and a bunch of marines (that can actually kill enemies). Large battles make missions fun, and makes people return to play the campaign.
- More vehicle based missions- I don’t know about you guys but for me the most fun missions in the Halo games were ones with lots of vehicle combat; like the Ark, the covenant, and Quarantine zone.
- Different based missions- Each mission should have its own unique feeling to it, a stealth mission, a sniper mission, vehicle based mission, and a warthog run mission.
- Scarab battles or large forunner machine
- Return duel wielding for campaign
- Return of drones
- If flood returns make them more terrifying and more difficult. Have them drive human vehicles again, and make them come out of nowhere.
- Add more easter eggs, glitches, skulls, and secret weapons
- Longer Campaign