The two reasons this beta is no longer fun

1. Grenades

Have ruined this beta and if they keep the grenades the way they are, the game will be a bust matchmaking wise. Halo has always had a grenade spam problem, however this is the worst its ever been (more so than halo 2). Since 343 decided to speed up the gameplay and add in an overpowered AR and an incredibly easy to use BR, yes the BR is so incredibly easy to use in this game due to aim assist (will touch on that in 2).

The grenades in this game are worse than the Reach beta grenade, in that they are mini nukes. When people are shot at the first thing they do is jump, spin around and spam their two grenades or they sit back and spam grenades. I watched as my team and the opposing team literally sat back and hucked all their nades, it was a -Yoink!- storm of like 8 grenades going off at once.

Thruster won’t even save you from the grenade spam and if you run away then you have to wait for shield recharge and they get a cheap kill. The solution is to either nerf the grenade completely to make it like the Halo 3 grenade, something that people didn’t rely on 100% to get kills like in this game. Or reduce the start to one grenade and nerf the radius a tad.

If nothing is done about the grenade situation, I will not be buying this game 100% and if i do, i’ll get it used for the campaign.

2. Massive aim assist, overpowered weapons and horrendous hit detection.
Face it, the AR is completely overpowered, and when combined with the mini nukes you are dying faster in this game than in CoD. How is that Halo? The aim assist and hit detection in the beta is awful. I cannot recall how many times i see people on the killcam shoot 2 meters beside me and still get a kill, i get the compensation for lag but this is too far. How can a grenade kill me through a wall? Found this vid on youtube, if you watch you will get what I’m talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43vhBb_VxPY

The combination of an easy to use BR and AR make it easy for some 6 year old kid or hell someone with ALS, MS or Parkinson’s to pick up the controller and do pretty well. Really 343? You’re going to degrade the game just so its easier for everyone? Back in the day if you sucked at a game, you sucked, end of story as ignorant as it sounds. When developers degrade a game to make it so easy to play it becomes what CoD has turned into, gone are the glory days of WWII.

In conclusion, the overall feel of the game is good and I do not mind the changes in things like ADS for example. But if the game breaking issues aren’t fixed (including the atrocious ranking system), it will be the final nail in the coffin of this franchise.

…but nothing is gonna get fixed because this game was made for pros not us low lifes who can’t get a game unless we have a good team together…it’s tough…

> 2533274796494295;2:
> …but nothing is gonna get fixed because this game was made for pros not us low lifes who can’t get a game unless we have a good team together…it’s tough…

Unfortunately 343 will only listen to biased sites like IGN, who can be bought off with money.

Trust me no “pro” wants to play a game with what the OP stated, feel the same way. Hopefully they learn and modify the blast radius/magnetism

Fun fact, the grenades in halo REACH, actually had a SMALLER blast radius then the grenades in halo 3, they merely FELT more powerful because of the much superior explosive effect. this is something i TESTED back during the reach beta. they also did the same amount of damage. furthermore, unlike traditional games where a grenade can kill in one hit, halo requires two grenade hits, grenades are NOT treated like power weapons within halo, in fact they are part of the golden triangle, along side guns, and melees, grenade should be used roughly equally for kills as shooting a non power weapon, or melee ing someone to death.

hitbox and aim assist (aim assist is acutally much reduced in halo 5 compared with ALL iterations of past games. just saying it’s a hitbox problem,) the hitbox will hopefully be fixed before release.

A beta is NOT s’posed to be FUN, it’s there to test the game, if you can have fun while testing, awesome, but fun is NOT the focus of a beta.

I would say the biggest issue with the Halo 5 beta is the matchmaking. I shouldn’t get stuck in the pre-game/team select/loading screen for extended periods of time.

> 2533274797604373;6:
> I would say the biggest issue with the Halo 5 beta is the matchmaking. I shouldn’t get stuck in the pre-game/team select/loading screen for extended periods of time.

Not too concerned with that aspect as it is a beta, matchmaking SHOULD be good come launch. But this is 343 were talking about…

Broken…Old Bungie devs mixed with old pros who just wanna make it back into the circuit and have found a way to do it…343i just gave them the ticket and the positions to make it to the next level of competition…which leaves us out altogether…go see for yourselves…

one thing I agree, grenades are doing some insane kills and the fact you now can’t know where it is located around you is even more complicated…

I agree with point 1, not point 2.

Yes nades are mini nukes…yes, 343i will probably fix them just like Bungie fixed the Reach grenades.

The assault rifle is not overpowered. It’s still not as good as a BR or even a Magnum. It is, however, a viable weapon now.

Whiney baby OP. Grenades are perfect.

> 2533274792468685;11:
> Whiney baby OP. Grenades are perfect.

Oh please, Grenades are bloody ridiculous as they stand.

The radius is far too large, There are WAY too many Grenade spawns, And Frags seems to be able to bounce off several walls before exploding.

It’s seems to me that every single -Yoinking!- 1v1 I get into, When my opponent knows he’s gonna die, He just Thrusts away and lobs a Grenade. Instantly killing me, Despite me having 3/4 shields and full health.

Grenades MUST be toned down. It’s the most frustrating thing this game has at the moment.

> 2533274792468685;11:
> Whiney baby OP. Grenades are perfect.

You’re dead wrong about that one, kiddo.

The only thing that kicks my -Yoink- in MM is when the other team works against me to pwnt me in the butt.

> 2533274828750482;9:
> one thing I agree, grenades are doing some insane kills and the fact you now can’t know where it is located around you is even more complicated…

That’s what headsets are made for

I heard time and time again that Halo 5 has low aim assist, and it does feel like it. Maybe the BR is easy to use, because you are good at using it. Grenades are mini nukes to counter the high mobility, it’s fairly easy to dodge them…

I thought grenades are supposed to be grenades, not fire crackers.

100% agree OP! There is one thing I must say however. The problem isn’t auto aim (though that needs fixing too). The problem is oversized hit boxes and lower shields. I swear the hit boxes in Halo 5 are TWICE the size of the actual Spartans! Hit boxes need to match the exact size of a male Spartan. These massive hit boxes are the reason why the AR seems so much better when really its about the same. Its much easier to spray and pray and score a hit even from longer range. The fact they gave it zoom and less spread while zoomed doesn’t help. Shields also need to be raised. Those two things would greatly improve the gun play and would certainly make it feel more like Halo. I can think of much more but I just wanted to add to what you said.

I would be deeply appreciative if you would refrain from speaking with this “spam” crap. If people want to get your -Yoink- with nades they can. It’s not spam, it’s placing grenades on you and you were caught in it. SORRY THEY OUT PLAYED YOU! WTF do you want them to do? Just watch you hide and stand there until you come out? NO!

> 2533274828750482;9:
> one thing I agree, grenades are doing some insane kills and the fact you now can’t know where it is located around you is even more complicated…

WTF WERE YOU DOING IN HALO 1-3?!?!?!?!?