The TTK is way too fast!

The TTK is way too fast. Its like I’m playing COD where the person who gets the first shots in wins. In past Halo games you had a chance to come back in a fight, its a big part of past Halo multiplayer. I hope this is a bug. Has 343 made any comments on the super fast TTK?

I agree, like I said in other posts in Infinite you can’t handle a 2v1 like in the other Halos you can beat with luck, a BR and a nade but here with that TTK and the op AR and pistol it’s impossible

> 2582197822071767;1:
> The TTK is way too high.

Ahem… You mean the Time To Kill is way too low right?

Realistically, you should lose a 2v1 in almost any scenario in every Halo game.

I have enjoyed the speed of the game. In precision battles you can still snatch the kill. I’ve had a bunch of reversal medals already.

The TTK is not radically different from past Halo games.

> 2535438388661507;3:
> > 2582197822071767;1:
> > The TTK is way too high.
>
> Ahem… You mean the Time To Kill is way too low right?

I was thinking that…

> 2533274801036271;4:
> Realistically, you should lose a 2v1 in almost any scenario in every Halo game.
>
> I have enjoyed the speed of the game. In precision battles you can still snatch the kill. I’ve had a bunch of reversal medals already.
>
> The TTK is not radically different from past Halo games.

Yea the TTK isn’t radically different, rather it’s how soon you are forced to take cover.
Shields in Infinite can’t take a beating for -Yoink-, and that throws alot of players off regarding TTK.
Especially with an Arena shooter like Halo where you are expected to perform “the dance”, jumping in and getting your Shields evaporated is a huge frigging alarm going off in your head.

And since all weapons has Headshot bonuses on Unshieldeds now, TTK as a result does feel faster not when you are dueling 1v1, but when you are facing multiple opponents, which is commonplace in a Halo game.

If I had to make a comparison :
Imagine playing Halo on Heroic. Comfy. Challenging. Damage by enemies feel fair and threatening.
Then play Legendary for the first time and Elites delete your shields in 3 shots and you start going into panic mode.

Ttk is fine for me. The respawn time could be quicker imo.

> 2533274801036271;4:
> Realistically, you should lose a 2v1 in almost any scenario in every Halo game.
>
> I have enjoyed the speed of the game. In precision battles you can still snatch the kill. I’ve had a bunch of reversal medals already.
>

The TTK shorter. The weapon velocities and ranges are set super high. In any other Halo game if you have two people shooting at you it’s not hard to at least take out one of them in the fight. In Infinite you don’t even have time to pop one of their shields before you die. Even at range with starting weapons. It was awful in the flight because if you were solo queuing into pre-mades you had absolutely no shot at winning because even a duo could completely wipe a team in seconds by themselves moving together and calling out.

> 2535438388661507;3:
> > 2582197822071767;1:
> > The TTK is way too high.
>
> Ahem… You mean the Time To Kill is way too low right?

My bad.

> 2582197822071767;9:
> > 2535438388661507;3:
> > > 2582197822071767;1:
> > > The TTK is way too high.
> >
> > Ahem… You mean the Time To Kill is way too low right?
>
> My bad.

You can edit the topic title. See the blue buttons above the OP.

TTK’s seem to be in line with most previsou halo titles
The BR for instance has the same optimum TTK as the BR in H3 and actually has a slightly longer TTK for body shots…

I am happy with halo infinite TTK, I hardly played btb in halo 5. But due to fast/short/low TTK I totally loved btb. Pvp maps are small so smaller maps definitely has an impact on TTK.

Didn’t seem much different to me (maybe slightly faster).
I still got reversals and I still won 2v1s

Throw a Dynamo grenade down into a group and burst fire with the Commando for some juicy tripple kills.

There were a few instances where I got shot at from behind and died before I could quickly spin around or get into cover but that’s probably because the person shooting at me had good aim and landed every shot.

Halo should always allow players with great accuracy to get some quick kills, not every gunfight should be a sweaty dance.

> 2582197822071767;1:
> The TTK is way too fast. Its like I’m playing COD where the person who gets the first shots in wins. In past Halo games you had a chance to come back in a fight, its a big part of past Halo multiplayer. I hope this is a bug. Has 343 made any comments on the super fast TTK?

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s a bug. I’m sure it’s quite intentional. Ever since H3 it’s almost like somebody in charge says “make it play more like Call of Duty.” However, I think Infinite is very close to replicating that classic Halo experience while still adding modern features like run and climbing over obstacles. I just wish they would tweak some things like the TTK. As I see it the game has the potential to be excellent with a few minor adjustments.

No word on it yet, but after the last flight they did a feedback response article

> 2533274801036271;4:
>
>

I was crouched, healing, started getting shot from behind after healing, dead before I could even stand up. One dude with a side kick. Not sure even the halo 5 magnum kills that fast. I know I don’t die that fast in the rest of the games or to any non power weapon in 5 that fast.

STRONGLY disagree. It feels just fine, those of you who just want to keep playing Halo 3 with its nerf guns and quicksand movement can go do that, it still exists. New TTK feels fine to me. Perhaps it will just take a little longer to get used to as we have only had it for a couple of weekends.

> 2535454305193411;17:
> STRONGLY disagree. It feels just fine, those of you who just want to keep playing Halo 3 with its nerf guns and quicksand movement can go do that, it still exists. New TTK feels fine to me. Perhaps it will just take a little longer to get used to as we have only had it for a couple of weekends.

Someone wasnt good at Halo 3… The TTK needs to change. And its inconsistent too. Sometimes your AR kills in 2 seconds(WAY faster than the BR) and other times you can empty your mag and not kill. AR needs more bloom if its gonna be that powerful. Needs to be a penalty for just holding down trigger. Reach’s AR took the most skill to use. Infinites should be similar

> 2592250499819446;7:
> Ttk is fine for me. The respawn time could be quicker imo.

You speaking my language brother. There’s always a reason to spawn in faster so you can get the revenge kill on the enemy and get the bags out.

TTK is fine for me and I even feel that the AR is fine… I used to think that the AR was too OP as well but then I got my hands on a BR and boy was I surprised, hell I even ran past a Sniper just so I could pick up a BR. But in all seriousness, if you’re good with your pistol shot you can still out shoot an enemy with an AR.

> 2533274794224435;18:
> > 2535454305193411;17:
> > STRONGLY disagree. It feels just fine, those of you who just want to keep playing Halo 3 with its nerf guns and quicksand movement can go do that, it still exists. New TTK feels fine to me. Perhaps it will just take a little longer to get used to as we have only had it for a couple of weekends.
>
> Someone wasnt good at Halo 3… The TTK needs to change. And its inconsistent too. Sometimes your AR kills in 2 seconds(WAY faster than the BR) and other times you can empty your mag and not kill. AR needs more bloom if its gonna be that powerful. Needs to be a penalty for just holding down trigger. Reach’s AR took the most skill to use. Infinites should be similar

Halo 3 has aged worse than any other game. Including CE.