The True Pilots of the Mantises in WZFF

Ten-Hut!
Hi Troops, if you’ve ever played Firefight before, you’ve probably faced the wave where 3 or 4 Mantises show up.
And they are usually called the Soldier Operatives or another Soldier based name.
But, the Mantises are actually piloted by Spartans, not Promethean Soldiers.
Your probably wondering what my evidence is:

• When their destroyed you hear a Male Spartan’s death sound. - No Prometheans Soldier is seen disintegrating upon the Mantis’s destruction. - An Assault Rifle and 2 Flags fall to the ground.Well, that’s my evidence!
    Have you ever noticed this before?
    And why do you think the Mantises are piloted by Spartans?

I wouldn’t get too fussed about the pilots. Remember, it’s all a simulation aboard the Infinity. They can throw in anything they want for all that I know.

If I remember correctly, there was a glitch where the pilot would get out of the Mantis somehow, and the pilot was a Soldier. I don’t have a clip to back this up, though

> 2533274904158628;3:
> If I remember correctly, there was a glitch where the pilot would get out of the Mantis somehow, and the pilot was a Soldier. I don’t have a clip to back this up, though

It might vary with some waves

> 2533274904158628;3:
> If I remember correctly, there was a glitch where the pilot would get out of the Mantis somehow, and the pilot was a Soldier. I don’t have a clip to back this up, though

Well, sort of. There was a glitch shortly after WZFF launched where the Mantis pilot(s) would randomly just get out of the vehicle. Once they did that, they were represented by an invisible AI Spartan equipped with an Assault Rifle.
I assume the reason for this is because Promethean Soldiers were never designed to pilot Mantises, and thus don’t have any animations for it, which meant it would be easier to just an invisible version of the Spartan model with some AI assigned to it. Or at least I’d think it’s something along those lines.

But, uh, yeah.
Have some proof:

> 2535437652903765;5:
> Well, sort of. There was a glitch shortly after WZFF launched where the Mantis pilot(s) would randomly just get out of the vehicle. Once they did that, they were represented by an invisible AI Spartan equipped with an Assault Rifle.
> I assume the reason for this is because Promethean Soldiers were never designed to pilot Mantises, and thus don’t have any animations for it, which meant it would be easier to just an invisible version of the Spartan model with some AI assigned to it. Or at least I’d think it’s something along those lines.
>
> But, uh, yeah.
> Have some proof:
> - Clip 1 - Clip 2

Wow, that’s extremely weird. I’ve never seen that before. I know I’ve seen a Promethean Soldier come out of one of those Mantises but maybe that was after things changed

You can go to the Act Man’s WZ FF fails/glitches video and he mentions this.